Homebrew Tool/method to extract Wii U SNES VC sav file?

dafatkid27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have made some decent progress in Earthbound on the Wii U (legit from eShop) and am hoping to be able to extract the sav file from that and load it on the N3DS so I can continue on the go. Are there any means to do this yet? I tried searching around but couldn't find a solid answer.

Thanks in advance!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saviine or ftpiiu everywhere to extract the files, then apparently it's the same format as the n3ds snes vc, so you can probably just swap them in.

dafatkid27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saviine or ftpiiu everywhere to extract the files, then apparently it's the same format as the n3ds snes vc, so you can probably just swap them in.

Interesting! So after dumping the sav with Saviine, would you recommend injecting to the SNES VC on 3ds using JKSM or a different tool?

EDIT: Well, I was able to dump the Wii U save but injecting to the 3ds proved fruitless. I tried replacing the vea+ves+cfg files with the ones from the Wii U save, replacing only the vea file, and even attempting to copy over what looked like similar portions in the hex data. No dice. Hopefully someone smarter than me can come up with a better way - I've attached my Wii U and 3DS files from the respective virtual console save files in case anyone wants to compare them.

Attachments

• WUP-JBBE (EB Wii U Save).zip
    210 KB · Views: 191
  • KTR-UAEE (EB N3DS Save).zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by dafatkid27,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE