Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

BeMoreDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been trying to change the colour of my JoyCons but I keep getting these same messages when I try to change the colour or back up the JoyCon, respectively.
OOAFt

Can someone please help?

EDIT: Here's a working link - http://imgur.com/a/OOAFt

Last edited by BeMoreDuck,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I've been trying to change the colour of my JoyCons but I keep getting these same messages when I try to change the colour or back up the JoyCon, respectively.
OOAFt

Can someone please help?

EDIT: Here's a working link - http://imgur.com/a/OOAFt

Don't run the app directly from the zip file. If you do this the executable path is the zip, which you can't write the backup or anything else to it.

Extract it somewhere and run it from there.

BeMoreDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't run the app directly from the zip file. If you do this the executable path is the zip, which you can't write the backup or anything else to it.

Extract it somewhere and run it from there.

Okay I've done that and it lets me back it up but I still get the 'Unhandled Exception' message and when I hit continue it still does nothing.

(Thanks for replying so quick btw :))

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You forgot to also extract the colors.config.
It's mandatory.

It has the retail colors and it's used to save your own custom colors for future use

BeMoreDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey sorry I've got another problem - I managed to get it working once before, but now when I now try and connect my Joycons to the bluetooth on the computer, the computer will say that the Joycon is paired, but the Joycon itself won't connect at all, Can anyone please help me?

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey sorry I've got another problem - I managed to get it working once before, but now when I now try and connect my Joycons to the bluetooth on the computer, the computer will say that the Joycon is paired, but the Joycon itself won't connect at all, Can anyone please help me?
If you mean that the joy con still has the lights flashing back and forth, that's normal, just open up the program and it will change to player 1 lights

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Please always read the forum.
Already answered.

1. You have to re-pair it if you slide it in switch. (Remove device from windows settings and then add device.)
or
2. If you done .1 and doesn't work, the problem is windows update. You just need patience. Remove the device and wait for it to disappear, even if it takes a lot.
Then add the device and you are ready. If you want fast windows pairing, you need to disable windows update for drivers

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ran into a big issue, so I got custom joycons done and I wanted to change the colors of them to reflect the shell, well I downloaded everything I needed and backed up my left joycon, then I changed the body color and clicked write colors, it was loading for quite some time but then the program crashed, now none of my joycons connect to my computer anymore so I can no longer change the color... any fix for this would be greatly appreciated and first one to help me out with a fix to this I am willing to give $5 on paypal if you link your paypal email. This just really sucks and I would love to find out a fix!
Unpaid then from in your Windows settings. Then you can couple them again.

endawmyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason only the left joy con works with the program for me...

When I connect the left joycon, it works perfectly, it backs up and changes the color.
When I connect the right joycon, it connects and shows up in the program, it even vibrates when it connects. BUT when I try to change the color it says the device was disconnected. I tried restarting the computer, restarting the bluetooth, uninstalling the driver. Nothing works. but for some reason the left joycon still works...

edit: figured it out
just used a different computer

Last edited by endawmyke,
Reactions: Rubennjames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: