Hacking Tomadachi Life won't load???

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a trick to load this game on Gateway. I have the latest 2.3b launcher file. I updated my 3DS and all previous games work fine but this title just sits at the 3DS logo and never loads. I tried another rip and it does the exact same thing. I have a Class 4 SD card in my 3DS. I read that some cards should be Class 10 but then why do all the other games work? :wacko:

Jamesst20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keed in mind this game is a CARD2 type which means the savegame is saved in the rom itself so if you trimmed it, it wont work.

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it is trimmed. Maybe I need to wait for it. I left it for 5 min and thought it was dead but the lights to blink. Thought it was stuck in a loop. I'll try again and post result.
Thanks

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this problem too -- the thing is you have to backup everything from your internal 3DS SD card (make sure you have a backup of your NAND too), use the Gateway menu to format Emunand, boot into Gateway mode, make sure that there is a "GW3D" before the firmware version in your settings, and then use an internet connection to update your emunand to the latest firmware.

I had never used emunand, so I had the exact same problem as you, but it's apparently necessary now to play games with the new copy protection.

Reactions: tbb043

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that kinda sucks. I didn't wan tot bother with emunand but I guess now i have to. I'll do a tons of reading before I proceed. Thanks for the tip.

I had this problem too -- the thing is you have to backup everything from your internal 3DS SD card (make sure you have a backup of your NAND too), use the Gateway menu to format Emunand, boot into Gateway mode, make sure that there is a "GW3D" before the firmware version in your settings, and then use an internet connection to update your emunand to the latest firmware.

I had never used emunand, so I had the exact same problem as you, but it's apparently necessary now to play games with the new copy protection.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Tom. Life is a fantastic game when you get stuck into it and worth updating your emunand just to play it in my opinion, I'm enjoying it immensely at the moment and I had no time for it when I read what sort of game it was at first. :)

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great success. I updated my Emunand and it works great.

Question. I don't have launcher.dat on my SD card. Do I need it? I am assuming yes for the older games? Also, can I just copy back my old save games onto the SD?

Thanks for your help!

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Great success. I updated my Emunand and it works great.

Question. I don't have launcher.dat on my SD card. Do I need it? I am assuming yes for the older games? Also, can I just copy back my old save games onto the SD?

Thanks for your help!

I would recommend having launcher.dat, I didn't even know gateway worked without it.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not having launcher.dat sounds extremely fishy. Are you sure you didn't accidentally just update your system NAND?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
he probably just overlooked it as gateway copies itself back on when you format emunand....so maybe he just though "oooh i didn't have to copy it on"

gateway would not work without a launcher file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey