Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I remember reading somewhere that the Nintendo costumes were in the Japanese version already. Ergo, the lingerie costumes were just removed.
It's not as big a deal as the recent Fire Emblem games, that's probably why Fatal Frame wasn't patched to put the costumes back in.
Lingerie costumes were replaced by Nintendo costumes (Samus and Zelda) in US and PAL regions. I think that's simple to put the costumes back in, just have to replace new Samus & Zelda costumes. :)

But you're right, it's not as big a deal as the recent Fire Emblem games.

Last edited by Donkusei,

Lukandon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lingerie costumes were replaced by Nintendo costumes (Samus and Zelda) in US and PAL regions. I think that's simple to put the costumes back in, juste have to replace new Samus & Zelda costumes. :)

But you're right, it's not as big a deal as the recent Fire Emblem games.
But I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that the Nintendo costumes were already in the Japanese version, so there was no replacing of any kind.
Unless you have evidence of the contrary?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read that if you edit loadiine's source to remove the checking part/limitation and compile it, you can load any DLC.
humm, the thing is that there's no limitation in Loadiine, so there's nothing to disable.
Loadiine is not activating any "anti-piracy" option, it's just not working like that.

users are only speculating how it works and what they should do without understanding (or even checking) the sources.

It's like saying Loadiine is blocking USB to prevent users from using HDD. it's not. it's not a loadiine's blocking feature and there's nothing to delete and recompile to make it compatible.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Another little update, I think this will be the last (or so I hope).
Version 1.2 - Devilish Edition
- Tsubasa now learns to tantalize men on her second side story.
- Fixed typo on Barry side story announcements.
- Added an apostrophe to the word "Cause" on Reincarnation video lyrics.
- Fixed grammatical error in Ayaha side quest.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Asfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only recently got the undub done for my version of the game after finishing 2 playthroughs of the censored version. Is there a way that I would be able to transfer my save data over and continue on the uncensored version of the game?

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only recently got the undub done for my version of the game after finishing 2 playthroughs of the censored version. Is there a way that I would be able to transfer my save data over and continue on the uncensored version of the game?
Use Saviine to dump your save and then place the save files in sd:\wiiu\saves\game_name\
\game_name\ should match sd:\wiiu\games\game_name\ so that Loadiine will load your save properly.

Stein&Recline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it didn't do anything? Did you run the md5 sum checker (the file icon with a tick) on the output files?
Do you have all the xdelta files and latest version of the patcher?

I was on 1.1 when I posted. I ran the checker. Errors all around. I always do what I'm told and put the xdelta stuff where it needs to be. Aside from that, pretty sure the patcher isn't suppose to finish in 2 seconds.

Last edited by Stein&Recline,

jamespare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the hard work! With this update, I can no longer access my save game though... the files are still on my SD Card, but the game is not seeing them. Boo. Oh well, time to start again i guess.

LkMsWb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was on 1.1 when I posted. I ran the checker. Errors all around. I always do what I'm told and put the xdelta stuff where it needs to be. Aside from that, pretty sure the patcher isn't suppose to finish in 2 seconds.

If you are just upgrading and patching just patch_031_message.xdelta then yes, it takes even less than a couple of seconds. If you're patching everything instead then it should take several minutes; anyway right now the md5 check is working flawlessly, so it's easy to know if everything is OK.

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the hard work! With this update, I can no longer access my save game though... the files are still on my SD Card, but the game is not seeing them. Boo. Oh well, time to start again i guess.
Are the folders still named the same between: sd:\wiiu\games\TMS and sd:\wiiu\saves\TMS?
Are the save games files in the directory is it empty? I've been updating with each release and have had zero issues.
Also make sure you didn't accidentally switch save modes in Loadiine because then the files won't be accessible.

Last edited by IcySon55,

jamtea

Trophies
XP
Country
I see some of my suggestions have made it into this latest 1.2, so nice to be able to contribute even if it's only a little!

I'm just tying up loose ends towards the end of my game and did the 'soothing pack' request. No wonder it made no real sense, it's a lucky pack/fukubukuro that the guy wanted. The associated achievement also makes no real sense in the original context as a lucky pack has nothing to do with medical supplies.

I'm patching the game over to the new version for my ng+ run, so I'll keep a look out for any inconsistencies in that run too :)

Stein&Recline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TMS patcher issue.jpg

This is what every passing window says. Just a different pack in the relevant area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass