Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Katkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I use CriPakTools to decompress the "pack_031_message.cpk" file until no worries then I use MSBT Edition Reloaded to make the changes in the text but I am having a trouble to repack, so I use Repacker CPK nevertheless the when using Cafiine I encounter an error, it can not play the file.
Would you have a solution, thank you in advance.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello I use CriPakTools to decompress the "pack_031_message.cpk" file until no worries then I use MSBT Edition Reloaded to make the changes in the text but I am having a trouble to repack, so I use Repacker CPK nevertheless the when using Cafiine I encounter an error, it can not play the file.
Would you have a solution, thank you in advance.
CriPakTools does not support the latest version fo the CriWare SDKs CPK format and cannot repack the files correctly, you need the latest up to date version to do so.
Caffiine also has a bug currently where cpk files won't send to begin with.

The only way to unpack and repack is to get the CriWare SDK from CriWare themselves.

EDIT:

For anyone who wants it, here's a list of all flags that could be found in the lua script files
http://pastebin.com/b9ja8LtA

Last edited by Sn0wCrack,

Molandoylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey,i'm not sure who's working on this right now but if i may ask,will the final patch be compatible with physical discs of the game?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Hey,i'm not sure who's working on this right now but if i may ask,will the final patch be compatible with physical discs of the game?
At first will only work with loadiine (a dump of the game on the wii u sd card).
If you want to stay as legal as possible you can dump your own disc, I'm sure there are tutorials for that aroud here.

Molandoylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
At first will only work with loadiine (a dump of the game on the wii u sd card).
If you want to stay as legal as possible you can dump your own disc, I'm sure there are tutorials for that aroud here.
Oh,i'm not worried about staying legal. i was considering buying it if i could uncensor it but i'm fine either way,and already have loadiine.
Last question,but if i start playing the dumped version now,can i apply the patch to it once it's done and keep my save?
Thanks a lot for taking the time and effort to do this!

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being it's something to put up with, later on however a patch can be made for the Japanese movie pack file to give subtitles to the video.
I can rip the video files using the Softdec2 player (I mentioned this earlier) and they can be subtitled with the lyrics from the english version and then those are burned in and then the final video file is converted pack and repacked then we make an xdelta of the files and upload that.

For now all you have to do is replace the follow files in the English version with the Japanese version:
pack_000_map.cpk
pack_010_character.cpk
pack_030_etc.cpk WARNING: I'm unsure about replace this, however, it does contain texture files and may contain uncensored content, however it may replace some English text with Japanese text, for now, don't replace this.

This should uncensor most things relating to graphics, a script patch will have to made also.

For now I'd just say to calm down because a full patch won't be here for a little while now.
Is it safe to replace pack_030_etc.cpk now? Or should i leave that out?

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So small update:

- Finished manually swapping out the UI stuff.
- Dialogue is being worked on by Sn0wCrack
- Subtitles for FMV's is being looked at.

Should be done by Sunday.

Also, heads up: Don't waste your time with the "uncensored" version on that one iso site. It's a half-assed attempt at best. It has incorrect dialogue, no fmv subtitles, untranslated UI/ingame assets and random crashes.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
So small update:

Also, heads up: Don't waste your time with the "uncensored" version on that one iso site. It's a half-assed attempt at best. It has incorrect dialogue, no fmv subtitles, untranslated UI/ingame assets and random crashes.

The crap that version is made me laugh super hard. Especially after the guy that uploaded it deemed it as being the best you can get because he speaks japanese and that would be enough.

Looking forward to the patch you guys work on while i enjoy the censored version in the meantime.

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So small update:

Wow, Sunday already including subtitles? You all are lightning quick! Reading through the thread it looks like theres been two different methods posted but what kind of patching format are we looking at here? I own both the original the Western version so I have the discs or will it just be through loadliine?

And yes, I actually tried the "other version" out and definitely echo Saber's sentiments. It works but it's not in any way, shape, or form a restoration version.

Reactions: Baphomet

Itoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks for all the work u guys are doing!
Since the JPN is the base, are you guys planning on translating the hot springs and all the other stuff that as been removed from the Western version?

Reactions: Supster131

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks for all the work u guys are doing!
Since the JPN is the base, are you guys planning on translating the hot springs and all the other stuff that as been removed from the Western version?

Unless I have my facts wrong this won't be possible as the actual content itself is not releasing over here. Plus given that currently to launch titles you can't connect to the Internet to download DLC.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, they have rerecorded lines with ages?
Weird they didn't take the time to re-record the chit-chat tracks on the extra audio CD that comes with the European Fortissimo Edition. Tsubasa still says loud and clear she's 17 years old.

Also, no subs on the few lines of the OP movie after Tsubasa grows up, and also leaving the banner with "soshite 5nen mae" only subtitled below... Hmmm, why would they even censor the game to "broaden up" the audience when they leave all those niche market specific details in there?

This is weird...

Anyway 5 mins. into the game and I know I will love it.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just throwing this out there, but I don't suppose we have a Japanese speaker lurking around here? Could use some help with re-translating some event dialogue. It's about 150~ lines of text. If you can help, shoot me a PM.

Reactions: dmc310

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just throwing this out there, but I don't suppose we have a Japanese speaker lurking around here? Could use some help with re-translating some event dialogue. It's about 150~ lines of text. If you can help, shoot me a PM.
Well, not sure if he will be interested, but perhaps you could ask @Nagato

Shudouken

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I could help out with translation, played through the Japanese version of the game myself.
I couldn't find out how to send you a pm though

Also, you should take care not to change the text on the screens in the TV studio dungeon (Chapter 4 if I remember correctly), as they are important for the puzzle there.
https://0x0.st/TGC.jpg

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I could help out with translation, played through the Japanese version of the game myself.
I couldn't find out how to send you a pm though

Also, you should take care not to change the text on the screens in the TV studio dungeon (Chapter 4 if I remember correctly), as they are important for the puzzle there.
https://0x0.st/TGC.jpg

I encountered those images a bit ago while wading through all the changed textures. I just left them as they were. I'll shoot you a PM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.