• Start date
  • Views 8,389
  • Replies 51

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update. If it was meant to be it would happen.

If you really want to tinker then just buy an Android tablet. I believe Nvidia makes one with the exact same chipset.

Reactions: aut0mat3d
D

Deleted-355425

OP
about 2 weeks ago, grey and just came back into stock in the whole of the UK, everywhere was sold out for ages, and yes i'm positive.

Reactions: Deleted User

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would hold off but there's a Monster Hunter XX demo dropping soon so I'll have to update for that, also there's games coming out at Christmas that I will be wanting to get so there's not really much point in not updating.

I can't see the point in getting a Switch and then not playing any games just because there's a slight chance that maybe I might get to play Sonic 2 for 10mins before remembering how many other consoles I can already play Sonic 2 for 10mins on already.

Just update and buy the fucking games you broke ass bitches lol jk.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would hold off but there's a Monster Hunter XX demo dropping soon so I'll have to update for that, also there's games coming out at Christmas that I will be wanting to get so there's not really much point in not updating.

I can't see the point in getting a Switch and then not playing any games just because there's a slight chance that maybe I might get to play Sonic 2 for 10mins before remembering how many other consoles I can already play Sonic 2 for 10mins on already.

Just update and buy the fucking games you broke ass bitches lol jk.
++

If you can't afford the games or console, then wait a few years. By then the consoles will be cheap, there will be used games for cheap, and the Nintendo Selects program will kick in.

PotatisKnug

Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
I've got new one today it's 2.3 are there any advantage over 3.0
There's this changelog.
Here’s the full list of changes found in today’s 3.0.0 firmware update.

• Register a channel to receive News for specific games
    • To register, head to News > Find Channels
  • Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
    • To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
  • Receive notifications when your Friends go online
    • To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
  • Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
    • To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
  • Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
    • To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
  • Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
  • Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
    • To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
  • Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
    • To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
      * This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
  • Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
    • To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
  • Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
  • Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
    • To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
      * The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
  • Update connected controllers
    • To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
  • Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
    • To use this feature, head to System Settings > Data Management > Quick Archive
      * User save data is not deleted
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:

• Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
  • Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update. If it was meant to be it would happen.

If you really want to tinker then just buy an Android tablet. I believe Nvidia makes one with the exact same chipset.

NVIDIA Shield is not really what people want as its just a tablet, while Nintendo Switch is cheaper than the Shield and offers the chip set in a nice handheld form, while Shield, you have to buy a controller to use on it to play games, Switch has everything from the get go, plus it makes a better handheld than the Shield tablet, if people wanted a Shield, they would get one but it doesn't offer a handheld mode like Switch does.

Plus it will get hacked, every device always gets hacked, this is fact but it takes times.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Is it still possible to access the store with 3.0? I need to get myself the Zelda season pass before I can't go online anymore.

Naa your gonna have to update unfortunately

In regards to this thread:

I personally only own Zelda (which i have beaten to my hearts content) and i am on 3.00 right now.

I dont ever buy games digitally unless their free and i dont intend to get Splatoon II anytime soon.

So i have no real reason to update yet.

At the end of the day. It all comes down to what type of gamer you are. Some people dont even touch the online features of their systems.

Reactions: LuigiXL

vincecartercrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i keep my Switch at 3.01, eventually they will find an exploit for that?

Thanks to that firmware nagging, it updated, so I got angry and put it back in the box and yes I did have it so it wouldn't automatically update but it did it, plus the exploit uses a modified webkit hack, so they will likely find a way or another exploit.

This time I activated airplane mode and disabled online and put it in the box for when 3.01 is hacked, it's better that way since it won't download the update and I won't accidentally update.
TBH, I personally would just keep using and updating my switch... then if and when it is finally hacked, sell the updated one and buy a new one. It might cost you $50 or so, but at least you wont have to wait a really long time for it to be hacked.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you kidding? 50 dollars for a switch with latest firmware on it? are you dreaming or what
i updated mine to 3.0.1
your point make no sense,i will buy another switch and keep it like that,i hope comes with 2.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat