Hardware To keep n3DS, or to scalp (I know it's frowned upon) towards an n3DS XL......

For my situation (read post), what do you think I should do?

• Keep one n3DS and cancel other (easiest to deal with)

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Keep one n3DS and sell other (harder because of sell handling, and is only for profit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell both and then buy an n3DS XL (hardest because of needing to sell both)

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So, I technically have 2 $99 black n3DS units. Initially, my plan was to get just one, but ended up getting two because of the first order being held till Dec 2nd, and found another store afterwards having 1-hr pick-up (which really was next day by that time). So now I'm stuck with a decision to make. Thought about just cancelling my other order and keeping the unit I have now, or even selling my other order for a little more (this is scalping, sorry). However, having used a 3DS XL for so long, the drop in unit size and screen size is kind of a put-off. It's not like that for everyone, but I'm a guy with big hands who made the jump to XL from o3DS in the first place because of the OG 3DS cramping my hands. The n3DS is a bit bigger in size and screens from an OG 3DS, of course, but I'm afraid it may still cramp my hands a little.

So, with this, I actually considered selling both n3DS units for a little more, and putting that money towards an n3DS XL. Not looked upon highly because everyone hates a scalper, but it was not my intention in the first place. It just happens that I'm in a position where I could do this. Whatever happens though, I plan to softmod what I have in the end. My o3DS XL is softmodded with A9HL + Luma (11.2), and I'd need to transfer all my purchases to the newer unit. If I were to get an n3DS XL, then it would likely have 10.7 vs 11.0+ of these n3DS units, making things a bit easier.

So my options...

1) Keep n3DS and cancel other order (easiest)
2) Keep n3DS and sell other order (harder)
3) Sell both and then buy an n3DS XL (hardest)

There are a few things going for the n3DS units that encourage me to keep one.

- Swappable face plates (I like them)
- Smaller, means it can actually fit in a pocket (but could still cramp my hands)
- May not be true, but the audio from smaller units is louder, whether by speakers, or overall.

I'm just not really sure right now.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I do not condone scalping one bit, personally.
Understandable. I personally hate it, especially when I'm on the unfortunate side of wanting something but can't get it for the regular price, so this option to help towards an n3DS XL kind of bugs me. If I only had access to the one unit, I wouldn't even consider scalping, but I've already paid for the other one.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A finder's fee of something below 15% is pretty understandable, so long as you didn't buy ALL of them in order to artificially inflate demand. I mean, it's pretty much the business model of any reseller store, including gamestop and whatnot. Don't feel bad about reselling them.

H0thTr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell both black Friday for $110 for small profit and buy nice large new 3ds XL. Small screens suck, go big.

yYdkbd9.jpg

aiciPXT.jpg

HhVAwoa.jpg

Last edited by H0thTr0n,

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Decided to give the n3DS a try with MK7, making sure my hands were thoroughly washed every so often. Unfortunately, trying to hold it was not working well for me with regard to comfort. With the o3DS XL I have, the corners rest in my palms while I can still push the face buttons and use the D-Pad. With the n3DS, I could not do that with MK7. If it were for a game like MH, where I'd use the C-nub, it would be one thing, but not all games are like that. One other annoyance is the power button. It's rather hard to push. I hear it's easier on the n3DS XLs because it stick out a bit more. Some say it's not as good because of accidental pressing, but I don't think I'll have that issue. Could always go with the case-like cover that @H0thTr0n uses.

So anyways, on Sunday, Target had their 15% off most items, including the n3DS XL, and Amazon seemed to have automatically price-matched it, so I got a Black one from there. Will arrive either late this week or early next week. In the meantime, I'll have to go sell the n3DS units I have, even if it pains me to do it with limited edition ones.

Thank you all for your comments.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I dislike about scalping are the people that buy into it. I have friends who scalp and they tell me the majority if not all people who buy into scalpers are parents who claim to want it for their child. Those are the true scum of the Earth to accept this behavior and make things harder for the rest of us, not so much the scalpers.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, scalping really only applies to tickets. If you are buying a commodity and hoping to sell it for money makes you a speculator. :yay3ds:

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hack the N3DS units with A9LH and install the works (freeshop, luma updater, etc..) then sell for profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol