Hardware To all the people bitching about the Switch problems.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how everyone fusses about the switch problems but yet no one knows how many are effected and how many were sold.
No clue if people miss treated them before posting the videos. There simply isnt enough information out there to talk about about the system.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But the burning question is, how long would replacing take? Would the newly sent units have the issues resolved? It's one thing for Nintendo to replace them, but quite another to ensure that the replacement is actually a replacement and not the same quality as the defective unit sent in. We need to have them address at least the most serious issues first, no?

It would be best to return it and request one from a different shipment which I'm sure every retailer has now since the first shipments were mostly sold out within a day or 2. I have yet to check if the switch i got from amazon has better joycons, if so I will swap them with the switch I'm using and then return it hehe.

Also the problem is not as widespread as you seem to think it is. I have not heard of anyone having to return it 3 or 4 times to get one that works.

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
But the burning question is, how long would replacing take? Would the newly sent units have the issues resolved? It's one thing for Nintendo to replace them, but quite another to ensure that the replacement is actually a replacement and not the same quality as the defective unit sent in. We need to have them address at least the most serious issues first, no?
They have been quoting people 2 weeks to get a replacement. Yeah, it sucks to have to wait, but it just launched and is sold out everywhere. I'm sure once things slow down that replacements will go faster if needed.

Considering the failure rate is so low, then the odds of getting a defective replacement is going to be extremely low also. It happens though. I had an XBox 360 with RROD that got replaced with one that immediately RROD.

What do you consider the most serious issues?

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They have been quoting people 2 weeks to get a replacement. Yeah, it sucks to have to wait, but it just launched and is sold out everywhere. I'm sure once things slow down that replacements will go faster if needed.

Considering the failure rate is so low, then the odds of getting a defective replacement is going to be extremely low also. It happens though. I had an XBox 360 with RROD that got replaced with one that immediately RROD.

Most places where I am are saying they will have more stock on Monday 13th, including Amazon according to their page. I'm pretty sure that batch will not sell out either.

Reactions: jpx86

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, i'm happy because my brand new day console didn't explode on my face and i don't care about the people whose console did explode because mine is alright and that's all what i care about.

You guys are the worst piece of humans history, where the fuck is your empathy? All hear is "OH BOY MINE WORKS FONE THX GG NEW EM GOIN 2 NJOY MEH SWOTCH HAHA" pieces of shit.

If your console comes fucked up YOU are in your fucking right to complain as much as you want.

Remember when nintendo used to make indestructibles hardware? The gamecube was a beast and so was the original game boy... what the fuck happened to them now? It seems like the switch was rushed to kill permanently the failure of the wii u.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be best to return it and request one from a different shipment which I'm sure every retailer has now since the first shipments were mostly sold out within a day or 2. I have yet to check if the switch i got from amazon has better joycons, if so I will swap them with the switch I'm using and then return it hehe.

Also the problem is not as widespread as you seem to think it is. I have not heard of anyone having to return it 3 or 4 times to get one that works.

I guess that I was extremely lucky, I've encountered none of the issues reported by others.

I don't know, as I've experienced none of them at all.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, i'm happy because my brand new day console didn't explode on my face and i don't care about the people whose console did explode because mine is alright and that's all what i care about.
Didnt Nintendew warned people to not play the switch near a microwave? Ahhh well there is your issue! ..or maybe they should also warn to not play near boiling nafta.. ..

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You guys are the worst piece of humans history, where the fuck is your empathy? All hear is "OH BOY MINE WORKS FONE THX GG NEW EM GOIN 2 NJOY MEH SWOTCH HAHA" pieces of shit.

If your console comes fucked up YOU are in your fucking right to complain as much as you want.

Remember when nintendo used to make indestructibles hardware? The gamecube was a beast and so was the original game boy... what the fuck happened to them now? It seems like the switch was rushed to kill permanently the failure of the wii u.

This made me laugh, your world of "history" seems so small.

GC has had it's issues https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/troubleshooting.jsp
As well as the GB http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/troubleshooting.jsp

Seems to me you were one of the "lucky" ones that you are now calling pieces of shit...

Also have you seen the drop test and durability tests of the Switch? I don't think you have.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt Nintendew warned people to not play the switch near a microwave? Ahhh well there is your issue! ..or maybe they should also warn to not play near boiling nafta.. ..
ah yeah, and the left joycon issue must be fault of the consumer. Or the dock scratching the screen is of course fault of the consumer... or for the few unlucky guys whose console bricked... nah, of course it were their fault.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This made me laugh, your world of "history" seems so small.

GC has had it's issues https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/troubleshooting.jsp
As well as the GB http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/troubleshooting.jsp

Seems to me you were one of the "lucky" ones that you are now calling pieces of shit...

Also have you seen the drop test and durability tests of the Switch? I don't think you have.
Thst one drop test? where the joycons received more of the hits instead of the tablet itself? yah.

And no, not going to get a switch until more appealing gsmes comes to it, in like... 2 years?

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah yeah, and the left joycon issue must be fault of the consumer. Or the dock scratching the screen is of course fault of the consumer... or for the few unlucky guys whose console bricked... nah, of course it were their fault.

Where is your proof of Nintendo saying that it was the consumer's fault the system bricked? From what I've seen they recommend you return it to the point of sale in all cases if the troubleshooting steps they recommended don't work. Or alternatively request a warranty repair which they will be happy to help you with.

See it's ignorant shit like this that is ruining everything.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is your proof of Nintendo saying that it was the consumer's fault the system bricked? From what I've seen they recommend you return it to the point of sale in all cases if the troubleshooting steps they recommended don't work.

See it's ignorant shit like this that is ruining everything.
It's called sarcasm, but i forget it is hard for some to recognize it on text.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ya I'm not good with sarcasm.

bazinga-the-big-bang-theory-33926500-600-600.jpg

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thst one drop test? where the joycons received more of the hits instead of the tablet itself? yah.

And no, not going to get a switch until more appealing gsmes comes to it, in like... 2 years?

AH so your true issue with the switch is that lack of games, like so many console launches before it. Duly noted...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

If something happens, then return it. Nintendo doesn't need to address every person posting on Youtube stating that they will take care of the problem - it already comes with a warranty.

It is funny reading posts from people that don't even own a Switch. They act like every one of them is broken. There are a small number of people that have problems and have posted online about it. The overwhelming majority of people have no problems. They are not all going to go online to post that their experience is great.

I'm not posting in any more of these threads. They are pointless. They have sold at least a million units and we have seen complaint videos from what - 10 or 20 people?

I'll now go enjoy playing my Switch.

Enjoy a video of launch PS4 -

Hope all those gamers got a replacement for their faulty PS4s. I didn't know PS4 was that noisy, the Switch doesn't even make any noise but it's essentially a tablet gaming device as a home console. :P

Sony and Microsoft must be kicking themselves for not thinking of doing a Switch before Nintendo did. Vita would have been an excellent device for the games but well, you know.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize you had one. You trouble maker :P

Well no one asked :P

Pretty sure it's nigh on impossible to hear tonal fluctuations in text to be indicative of sarcasm.

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope all those gamers got a replacement for their faulty PS4s. I didn't know PS4 was that noisy, the Switch doesn't even make any noise but it's essentially a tablet gaming device as a home console. :P

Sony and Microsoft must be kicking themselves for not thinking of doing a Switch before Nintendo did. Vita would have been an excellent device for the games but well, you know.
I actually got one of the PS4's from Amazon on launch day that was dead. I returned it and never bought another one. I was actually buying it because they announced every game was required to support play on the Vita. So it would have been like the Switch. Then they announced it was optional, and I lost interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.