Hacking TN-X without exploitable game?

ClavisE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a PS Vita shipping with firmware 2.12 then I update it to the 'golden' firmware, 3.18. And I am trying to install TN-X without an exploitable game but I can't seems to find a guide to install it anywhere.

Please direct me to a guide similar to the one for TN-V without exploitable game.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible, you need one of the two exploitable PS1 games.
I'd recommend this bike game which name I can't remeber right now.

Reactions: ClavisE

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup it depends on the region, in UK its called something else afaik.
XS Moto or some BS, but it's better than tekken 2 when it comes to exploiting it.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TehCupcakes,

ClavisE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a base game but you don't necessarily need an "exploitable" game. What that if you can get any PSP/PS1 game on your system (including demos), you can use that to install ARK or TN-V. This involves utilizing the email hack, which is available on all firmwares below 3.55, I believe. See here:
http://wololo.net/2015/10/04/tutori...stom-bubbles-without-an-exploitable-psp-game/

Hi, I see the new that 3.57 block most exploit except Qwikrazor's custom bubble. What's the different between between Qwikrazor's and Mr. Gas'?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a base game but you don't necessarily need an "exploitable" game. What that if you can get any PSP/PS1 game on your system (including demos), you can use that to install ARK or TN-V. This involves utilizing the email hack, which is available on all firmwares below 3.55, I believe. See here:
http://wololo.net/2015/10/04/tutori...stom-bubbles-without-an-exploitable-psp-game/

Does a PS1 base game give you the same capabilities as TN-X ?
The native sound support from the Vita (with TN-X) is FAR FAR FAR greater than the PEOPS plugin implementation while running a eCFW.

ClavisE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible, you need one of the two exploitable PS1 games.
I'd recommend this bike game which name I can't remeber right now.

The thing is, I have no access to a PS3 to transfer game. Would it be possible to install it via Package Installer? maybe patch the PS1 PKG the PSP way?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, I have no access to a PS3 to transfer game. Would it be possible to install it via Package Installer? maybe patch the PS1 PKG the PSP way?

No, only DRM free pkg's can be installed with the package installer and there are only a handful of those.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
The key thing to note with the majority of Vita exploits, is that you need qCMA/PS3 as a bare minimum.

Take it from someone who wasted hours trying to find a way to do everything without a PS3 so knows from experience, there are certain things that are impossible without a PS3. And they're so cheap now and have such a good library of classics that can be bought on disc for pennies, personally I use my PS3 more for gaming than my PS4 even though I bought Bloodbourne recently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded