Hardware TN or IPS - is karma on my side today? *prays*

lykkelille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why are you taking our word for it when you could use 3DSident to get a 100% answer.

I have tried but im not sure how to open those apps in homebrew. I unzipped the map into the 3ds map but Im not able to open the apps (it shows the folder only in homebrew)

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you copy the "3dsident" folder you downloaded, into the "3ds" folder you should have on your SDcard. (Make sure the "3dsident" folder contains 3dsident.3dsx and 3dsident.smdh) You should be able to open Homebrew Launcher and find it there.
If you have custom firmware running, you could always just install the 3dsident.cia via FBI.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

lykkelille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you copy the "3dsident" folder you downloaded, into the "3ds" folder you should have on your SDcard. (Make sure the "3dsident" folder contains 3dsident.3dsx and 3dsident.smdh) You should be able to open Homebrew Launcher and find it there.
If you have custom firmware running, you could always just install the 3dsident.cia via FBI.

Thanks, I cannot find those files. I guess I need to run the makefile file to get those? How do I run it? Sorry for being a noob :(

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No need to makefile.
Just go to Joel16 github here, and download the file named 3DSident.0.7.zip. I just did so, and it contains a folder named 3dsident which contains the files I mentioned above :)

To save you yet another second, just click this link to download the .zip archive.

lykkelille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No need to makefile.
Just go to Joel16 github here, and download the file named 3DSident.0.7.zip. I just did so, and it contains a folder named 3dsident which contains the files I mentioned above :)

To save you yet another second, just click this link to download the .zip archive.

Thanks so much! And it is IPS/IPS :) Yay

Reactions: Cava

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You are welcome, and congratulations on winning the luck of the draw.
I just picked up a new N3DS XL, and was met with TN/TN screens. After being used to a IPS screen, I can't say much else then that it was gross.

lykkelille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You are welcome, and congratulations on winning the luck of the draw.
I just picked up a new N3DS XL, and was met with TN/TN screens. After being used to a IPS screen, I can't say much else then that it was gross.

Im sorry to hear that :/ Are you returning it?

I mainly wanted a 3DS XL Animal Crossing HHD edition, but I thought maybe this white one had a better chance of not being TN. So I will just buy a nice hard cover on ebay instead, I cannot switch this and risk it :X White is nice too :)

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know how happy the store would be about me returning me 3DS only because it has a (in my opinion) sub par screen.
Now I'm thinking of taking the motherboard of my new (TN screen) 3ds, and putting it into my older IPS device.

lykkelille

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know how happy the store would be about me returning me 3DS only because it has a (in my opinion) sub par screen.
Now I'm thinking of taking the motherboard of my new (TN screen) 3ds, and putting it into my older IPS device.

Is it a Limited Edition? You live in Norway aswell, you have rights to return XD 60 days at Expert atm!
Hvor kjøpte du den? :P

Last edited by lykkelille,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it