Tips & Tricks for School Computers

Discussion in 'General Tutorials' started by Minnow, Jun 4, 2016.

1. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH Don't mind me

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Oh man, I remembered that I used to shut down the PCs of my friends using shutdown -i and then typing their computer's name on it, good ol' times :tpi:

2. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    that's pretty much it for school city of hammond has, that and some thing else that I can't remember off the top of my head that allows the teacher to see what's going on on all student computers for that room and restrict stuff or even directly control it, which some even block task manager which is sometimes a pain, although the funny part is that they have no idea how to set it up for chromebooks so there a safe heaven for bs to happen XD

3. MissingNO123

MissingNO123 Jigglypuff

Nov 24, 2012
    Canada
    hell
    An interesting thing I've noticed about most schools' block filters and proxies is that they don't normally block traffic over ports 21 and 22, allowing you to tunnel a SOCKS5 proxy over an SSH tunnel and bypass any proxies, etc.
    Ironic since it's a really old method, you'd think they'd notice that shit

4. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    I can simply use some random free vpn app on my tablet and it bypasses all these sites being blocked

5. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    Reminds me how a friend and I successfully used "format C:" on our PC in elementary school back in 1998. :D

6. MissingNO123

MissingNO123 Jigglypuff

Nov 24, 2012
    Canada
    hell
    I'd rather tunnel in to my own server, because I know I can trust my server to handle my data properly instead of dealing with some "free" vpns that openly admit to snooping on your data

You don't even need to rent a server, just open some port on your router and point it to an old computer you don't use or an rpi plugged in via ethernet

0x40 likes this.
  7. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Meanwhile in my school computers:
    -regedit isn't blocked
    -cmd isn't blocked
    -BIOS isn't blocked
    -Boot drive selection isn't blocked [F11]
    -Winrar license [what]
    -services.msc isn't blocked
    -You can easily kill "RAT" [That shit which can control your PC remotely] by just forcing shutdown then mashing ESC, it will stop being in the memory.
    -Secret teamviewer install so I can access that PC from anywhere and can drop my files. [Which are deleted anyways]
    -Teacher knows shit about computers and just redirects us to code on code.org (lol)
    -That "teacher" scares us that he will kill our wifi, so i killed his PC instead. [Oddly enough, shutdown -i works on every PC connected to the network :P]

8. RoseyDreamy

RoseyDreamy TheKawaiiNeko

Mar 25, 2017
    England
    My school doesn't let unauthorised programs be run on the system... unless you use an external HDD.
    This means I could potentially run Chromium from the hard drive and browse with a VPN, and also kill the teachers' spying with a task manager.

9. Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Just make a live usb of a Linux distro and wreak havoc on the hard drive. Almost always the boot sequence isn't locked. If you can't boot with usb, a cd/dvd will work.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

10. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    and when the teacher asks whats on the disc, just say in a slow ominous tone "doom...."
    hehehe

BARNWEY likes this.
  11. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    Do u want people to comment more to add to that list? If so, administrator accounts can bypass web filters (sometimes) by disabling auto proxy (stopping the computer connecting to the school's proxy). Works for me.

12. CreeperdivoHomebrewer

CreeperdivoHomebrewer Gbatemp's Paladin

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    Boston 2287
    My school has imacs cuz apparently windows is too open for school use

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But we can still use programs that need access to applications folder cuz they locked it for access by apps. So we just put the apps in downloads and it works fine