Hacking Time to update my Vita?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just need some opinions. I am on 3.18, and have TN-whatever installed, and have basically let it gather dust. I used it to play FF Tactics for a bit just because I couldn't figure out how to transfer my save to my legit copy on the Vita. Now there are new digital only games I wish to purchase. (Children of Mana springing to mind) I have no way to play new games, and I don't use the hack. Just frustrates me to ditch the hack after so long. Thoughts?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess that's a thought.
Or just keep the ps vita as is and either buy another one or a ps tv.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

now call me retarded, but wasn't Katsu working on firmware dualbooting?
From what i saw it was from 2014 and it required a hardmod. Haven't heard anything on it since.

Reactions: Tizm

vita-gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would just update it. Honestly if you just want to play the current Vita games on it and use the network features, just do it, the hack doesn't really bring that much to the table imo. Without a native hack you probably won't miss anything.
I also wouldn't buy a second Vita just to maintain the hack or wait for a native hack(if that ever comes at all).

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just update it. Honestly if you just want to play the current Vita games on it and use the network features, just do it, the hack doesn't really bring that much to the table imo. Without a native hack you probably won't miss anything.
I also wouldn't buy a second Vita just to maintain the hack or wait for a native hack(if that ever comes at all).
There is the option of the cobra black-finn system for ps vita though which does not work on firmware 3.60 last time i checked on this. I see what you mean though.

http://wololo.net/2016/05/09/cobra-blackfin-resurfaces/

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi