Hacking TIKDevil, an on-console mass ticket downloader

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As you probably know, @cearp and @Drakia 's CIAngel 0.5 removed ticket generation.

I personally support this choice, as owning a CIA (and cryptofixing it) leaves you with an actual permanent backup of that software; however, some people who want it all and they want it now were understandably dissatisfied by this choice, with all other ticket generators requiring a computer.

So, my friend @Kyraminol forked CIAngel to create its appropriately-named counterpart: TIKDevil!

banner.png
Artwork (icon and banner) by @manuelx98

Apart from blindly generating all tickets, version 0.1 features an update mode that skips recreation of already generated .tik files, saving approximately 2/3rds of the time compared to a full download.

Version 0.2 is fully self-sufficient, not depending on an external enctitlekeys.bin or a ticket manager tool

According to the wishes of the developer, future versions will feature filtering by region and a menu item to go directly to the eShop.

So go try it out, or check out the source!

Last edited by Ryccardo, , Reason: Update 0.2

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i removed ticket generation from enctitlekeys.bin, because we are moving on from that
when i add it back for the wings.json file, this app will do what lol?
anyway, nice to see people working i guess

--
ticket generation was temporarily removed, just because i didn't have time to make that function work with the wings.json file at that point.
it's not because i don't agree with generating tickets etc...

Last edited by cearp,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Sorry, what does this do? Does this let you dump non-legit installed cia?
no dumping.
just generates tickets, but ALL tickets.
if you use CIAngel you can select exactly what ticket you want to generate (and soon install)
or simply make a cia or install it to the 3ds

Reactions: democracy
D

Deleted User

no dumping.
just generates tickets, but ALL tickets.
if you use CIAngel you can select exactly what ticket you want to generate (and soon install)
or simply make a cia or install it to the 3ds
So this is the "own it all" app? 0.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, I love the banners for CIAngel and TIKdevil!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
By the way, I love the banners for CIAngel and TIKdevil!
Yeah me too, the Magikarp angel and Gyarados devil! Clever!
It is funny, I am home sick and watching Pokemon on Netflix in bed ... I just watched the St. Anne episodes where James gets tricked into buying a Magikarp and it swims them up from the shipwreck (being an angel), then it evolves into Gyarados and attacks them (being a devil) :-)

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
So TikDevil generates all tickets so that you can download directly from eshop?

and CIAngel allows you to download via eshop (but not directly) and then can it install wtihout have the CIA file generated?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So TikDevil generates all tickets so that you can download directly from eshop?
Yes: if you have installed a ticket (with a valid titlekey) for a given software, and such software currently has an eShop page in your region, you can "re"download it directly from the eShop, regardless of the tool that created your ticket.

and CIAngel allows you to download via eshop (but not directly) and then can it install wtihout have the CIA file generated?

Yes, you can choose whether to create a cia or install directly (almost like the eshop's in-app download option).

In my opinion downloading from a computer is still king, with performance, point-and-click selection, and promoting archivability!

Kyraminol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I'm already writing down code sketch of some things..
  • Use the table of that title database site as source for EncTitle, name and stuff (increasing speed and update compatibility)
  • Only generate title that are not already installed to NAND, removing needs of .tiks keeping
  • Filters: region, title types
  • Install & Delete .tiks
I'm making this fork not only for that previously removed feature (I knew it was a temp remove for cleanup), but because I personally need (and I think someone on there too) something that will open, update my tickets with new ones and close as soon as possible.

Quick edit: Some of new features may be ready for today/tomorrow.

Last edited by Kyraminol,

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad tickets? I have had about 5 tickets fail installation within the first 800 tickets.
Result code: 0xD8E08019
Level: Permanent (27)
Summery: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: <unknown>

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing the same thing with Hyrule Warriors Legends. I think some tweaks are needed to get this working flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: