Homebrew Official tik2sd - easily dump wiiu tickets to your sd card

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can a ticket for the newest game version be used to install an old version?

If so, this could be useful in the future once Nintendo updates the haxchi games...

Of course distributing the content would be tricky but I'm sure certain websites would upload the old versions almost immediately...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can someone tell me what are the tickets for???
Tickets are literally the key to installing games on to the system

You can then download the game content from the Nintendo CDN and pair it with a disc ticket and that can be used to install the game onto any system and then launch and play it like an official eShop purchase

eShop tickets are useless unless you have RedNAND, SigPatched SysNAND, or you want to make a backup copy of an old hackable eShop game version in case it ever got updated

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any difference between a game installed from Nintendo CDN using a private disc ticket and a game installed from one of the iso websites?

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe this is the most accurate ticket dumping to date so the size will be different.

Odd: second hand console? Friends over? Perhaps it was meant to be free downloadable game with your console when you first log on to eshop?
I haven't checked the eshop to see if it is a free game yet. it was a brand new splatoon bundle I bought a few months back (old stock) but definitely never played. I also noticed that a few other tickets were the smaller size Netflix and YouTube. is anyone able to possibly pm me their tik file from kawasakis brain training for Eur region?

Reactions: KiiWii

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this isn't ok to discuss here but I hope I'll get away with a warning if that's the case.

I can't manage to make use of the ticket to backup my Brain Age. I though I would be able to use this ticket to install a signed version but that doesn't seem to be the case? WUP Installer wants sigpatches and even then the ticket doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Would it work to install a fakesigned version and replace the tik-file on the Wii U after the installation with ftpiiu_everywhere?

Last edited by Greggen,

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this isn't ok to discuss here but I hope I'll get away with a warning if that's the case.

I can't manage to make use of the ticket to backup my Brain Age. I though I would be able to use this ticket to install a signed version but that doesn't seem to be the case? WUP Installer wants sigpatches and even then the ticket doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Would it work to install a fakesigned version and replace the tik-file on the Wii U after the installation with ftpiiu_everywhere?
If that worked, it would Ben dope.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you trying to backup your purchased brain age to re-install onto the same Wii U or are you trying to install it onto another console?

eShop games as you know are signed to the console that originally purchased them

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to backup your purchased brain age to re-install onto the same Wii U or are you trying to install it onto another console?

eShop games as you know are signed to the console that originally purchased them
Yes. Of course it's my genuine game, on the correct console. I want to make sure I can reinstall Brain Age in the future if Ninty decides to patch the DS-emu.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Of course it's my genuine game, on the correct console. I want to make sure I can reinstall Brain Age in the future if Ninty decides to patch the DS-emu.
Are you trying to install it using a sigpatched SysNAND or normal?

It could be that the signature doesn't pass during installation or that it's just different than normal

Is there any error code?

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to install it using a sigpatched SysNAND or normal?

It could be that the signature doesn't pass during installation or that it's just different than normal

Is there any error code?
I'm trying to install it to nand without sigpatches for the same reason that we purchase it from the beginning, to use Haxchi.

I get the error code 0xFFFBF442. And now I noticed that wup installer must have installed my ticket before the error or something because now eshop refuses to install a real copy of Brain Age.

I downloaded the game using utikdownloadhelper and just opened the ticket. Should i try to manually replace it in the folder afterwards? Does utik touch it in some way?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install it to nand without sigpatches for the same reason that we purchase it from the beginning, to use Haxchi.

I get the error code 0xFFFBF442. And now I noticed that wup installer must have installed my ticket before the error or something because now eshop refuses to install a real copy of Brain Age.

I downloaded the game using utikdownloadhelper and just opened the ticket. Should i try to manually replace it in the folder afterwards? Does utik touch it in some way?
Does it install when using SigPatches?

I'm curious if would launch afterwards since the account is obviously still on your system

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No. Same error code.
Try downloading another copy of brain age to see if the installation package fully downloaded. I used that funkiiu program recently and 95 % of the files I attempted to grab didn't complete, yet nusgrabber works like a charm. have you checked data management to see if it is installed still?.

I was always under the impression that you could back up your ticket and install it on the original console as long as the ID is still attached.

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading another copy of brain age to see if the installation package fully downloaded. I used that funkiiu program recently and 95 % of the files I attempted to grab didn't complete, yet nusgrabber works like a charm. have you checked data management to see if it is installed still?.

I was always under the impression that you could back up your ticket and install it on the original console as long as the ID is still attached.
I'll get a copy with NUS Downloader and add the ticket manually and try that. If that doesn't work I'll try to install a fakesigned and replace the ticket after installation.

I personally think that this can be a pretty important thing to have working in the future. Sure. It only works for one person on one console. But if you somehow manage to screw up your Haxchi game it's pretty important that you can reinstall it without relying on eshop.

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are 24 USA games that you cannot grab to install using the legit method.
124 have been dumped to "that site".. although these 13 games are still missing:
  1. 00050000101D1000 - Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue
  2. 0005000010132900 - Disney Infinity
  3. 0005000010161A00 - How to Train Your Dragon 2
  4. 00050000101A6500 - Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends
  5. 000500001018FD00 - Penguins of Madagascar
  6. 0005000010187B00 - Planes Fire & Rescue
  7. 0005000010183000 - Runbow Deluxe Edition
  8. 000500001010B500 - TRANSFORMERS PRIME
  9. 00050000101DAD00 - Tumblestone
  10. 0005000010110200 - Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
  11. 0005000010111200 - Wheel of Fortune
  12. 0005000010145500 - Wipeout Create & Crash
  13. 00050000101C5500 - Word Party
I didn't include Steamworld Collection; as I'm unsure if it is also on NUS.
If anyone wanted to dump ^ and share me the title-ID; that would be wonderful!
You can get warior orochy in US from WIUU USB HELPER

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get a copy with NUS Downloader and add the ticket manually and try that. If that doesn't work I'll try to install a fakesigned and replace the ticket after installation.

I personally think that this can be a pretty important thing to have working in the future. Sure. It only works for one person on one console. But if you somehow manage to screw up your Haxchi game it's pretty important that you can reinstall it without relying on eshop.

I have had the same problem that Greggen is describing - I tried using the ticket I obtained using tik2sd and a funkiiu downloaded Brain Age and got the same error message (with and without sigpatches disables).

Now when I go to the eshop, I can download but not install Brain Age :-( I ended up buying another DS game (Brain Academy) so that I can have haxchi installed on my wii u again.

It's important to figure out what the problem is here: is there an issue with the ticket obtained from tik2sd so that it is somehow incorrect or corrupt? Or is it a problem with Wupinstaller Y mod? In principle, you should be able to get the game from NUS, add your ticket, and install without sigpatches because you own the game and the ticket should be legit.

A second related question is: how can I delete the corrupted ticket on my wii u so that I can properly install Brain Age from the eshop again? It's not a big deal for me beacuse I have haxchi working with another game, but I would like to have everything clean on my sysnand.

Last edited by xfcrowman,

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have had the same problem that Greggen is describing - I tried using the ticket I obtained using tik2sd and a funkiiu downloaded Brain Age and got the same error message (with and without sigpatches disables).

Now when I go to the eshop, I can download but not install Brain Age :-( I ended up buying another DS game (Brain Academy) so that I can have haxchi installed on my wii u again.

It's important to figure out what the problem is here: is there an issue with the ticket obtained from tik2sd so that it is somehow incorrect or corrupt? Or is it a problem with Wupinstaller Y mod? In principle, you should be able to get the game from NUS, add your ticket, and install without sigpatches because you own the game and the ticket should be legit.

A second related question is: how can I delete the corrupted ticket on my wii u so that I can properly install Brain Age from the eshop again? It's not a big deal for me beacuse I have haxchi working with another game, but I would like to have everything clean on my sysnand.
Factoryreset

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's assuming a ticket from a newer version couldn't work for older game content...

If that was the case you could have the exploitable DS games somewhere on the the internet and then people could purchase and extract the tickets from their copy to install the old version

Maybe @cearp could help figure out the ticket issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today