Hacking Ticket vs CIA

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious to know which is better and why and who is using what.
For me, I am going to stay away from using tickets to download from the eShop as Nintendo could go as far as to ban people from the eShop or to go as far as taking legal action against anyone downloading games for free directly from them.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i do believe nintendo could update their eshop so that redownlading will be a server side check.
but if they do that, we can still build cias and install normally, so it wouldn't be a problem. (to fix us building cias, they would have to stop us from downloading from cdn, that would be a big problem to fix i believe, maybe not possible? nintendo, sony, both we can access the content from the internet if we have the right link)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I prefer downloading the cia directly (from a computer, mainly for performance reasons) then, if they don't have download play, cryptofix them so that I will have a 100% accurate (ok, except console id lol) but won't need Nintendo servers anymore!

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, I prefer downloading the cia directly (from a computer, mainly for performance reasons) then, if they don't have download play, cryptofix them so that I will have a 100% accurate (ok, except console id lol) but won't need Nintendo servers anymore!
I have a few CIAs that don't have Download Play, what fix do I need to apply?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a few CIAs that don't have Download Play, what fix do I need to apply?
I don't think you can cryptofix a cia and still have download play working on an unmodified console: maybe with the third option in D9, formerly "cia decryptor - gateway"?

----

oh lol misread the question, if you have 9.6+ games without DLP, get the seed (from plaicdn or eshop page + update seeddb), copy the cia to /D9Game/ on your SD, then in decrypt9 select "cia decryptor - full" :)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly prefer CIA installation because it's much faster than using the eShop. even if I'd buy something from it, I would then get a CIA of it with ticket.db or whatever and install that.

CIAs are easily re-usable across multiple consoles quickly. that's good for me. :)

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any benefit from having a somewhat more legit title from key over a .3ds converted to .CIA I wonder?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is there any benefit from having a somewhat more legit title from key over a .3ds converted to .CIA I wonder?
well, the benefit of having a real eshop dumped version of the game is that it's redownloadable, you get the real key, etc...
but the benefits of using the .3ds to cia conversion is that someone doesn't have to buy the game on eshop, we can just use physical dumps, where ever they come from. - it's just easier

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
well, the benefit of having a real eshop dumped version of the game is that it's redownloadable, you get the real key, etc...
but the benefits of using the .3ds to cia conversion is that someone doesn't have to buy the game on eshop, we can just use physical dumps, where ever they come from. - it's just easier
but the converted files don't have the manual or got?
i only downloaded so far 1 cia most likely converted, doesn't have the manual :(

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but the converted files don't have the manual or got?
i only downloaded so far 1 cia most likely converted, doesn't have the manual :(

Simple 3DS to CIA 4.3 definitely keeps the manual and download play remote app, but the dump must include them! (My Xenoblade conversion with Uncart has it)

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob here... Why wouldnt nintendo be able to identify someone installing cias compared to someone using tickets? AFAIK every time you log on to eshop you lose games/dlc installed thats not a legit cia so wouldnt they be able to tell? Also wouldnt tickets be better then because the risk would be the same but since youre downloading directly from their servers you wont have to worry so much over whats being installed?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All the valid cia creation tools (everything except .3ds ports) download from Nintendo anyway.

It's possible for them to check, but they don't really care (and with enough effort we could patch the check, not that it matters as you can un-console-ban yourself by editing SecureInfo_A)

Reactions: naivegirl2411

ZacharyAlkaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man thinking about it I don't think I want to get anal by Nintendo for using ticket to install from eshop. But still there is no proof that Nintendo will ban you for installing tickets.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to install the ticket like it was a "game" but its just ticket then just copy the folder game (like "00032d00' 1.59Gib) from another installed console?

So a game copying here its about 15mbs upto 18mbs and its fast, but installing same game take forever.
So if there its a .cia that only install the validation and so i copy files from pc.

maybe possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1