Hacking [This totally won't work] Transfer friend code stuff from old NAND backup?

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So.
I formatted my 3ds. For reasons which shall remain a mystery ;)
And then regreted it, because my friend list was wiped and I got another friend code.

So I was wondering. Could I possibly dump the friend information stuff from an earlier nand backup into my current nand?
I might have to flash it to an emunand temporarily, but I have a spare one for that purpose.

I uhh.. hope this is possible lol :P

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I dumped 'LocalFriendCodeSeed_B' from the emunand and uhh... nothing happened.
lel :P

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
I formatted my 3ds as per the arm9lh install guide, twice. In the end after restoring my nand.bin and sd card card backup I had all my old data just where I left them. Maybe if you did the same youll get that data back OP

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I formatted my 3ds as per the arm9lh install guide, twice. In the end after restoring my nand.bin and sd card card backup I had all my old data just where I left them. Maybe if you did the same youll get that data back OP
I needed to format, I just need to specifically find and inject only the friend code information and nothing else.

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, so you restored the old NAND > dumped friend code > restored current NAND and injected it?

Well that's weird. You aren't region changed, are you?
I did this:
  • Flash nand.bin to emunand.
  • Dump friendsave.bin from emunand which is now old sysnand backup.
  • Backup current friendsave.bin from sysnand just in case.
  • Inject friendsave_emu.bin into sysnand.
  • I got a new friend code(?)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And no i'm not region changed, I have always been EU.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So.
And then regreted it, because my friend list was wiped and I got another friend code.

So I was wondering. Could I possibly dump the friend information stuff from an earlier nand backup into my current nand?
I might have to flash it to an emunand temporarily, but I have a spare one for that purpose.

Well, recently I bricked my emuNAND trying to update it through FBI (system settings update hasn't worked since I updated it to 10.3 and for some reason SysUpdater wasn't working this time)
What I did was transfer ticket.db, movable.sed, LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and the entire <ID0>\sysdata and extdata folders to a fresh emuNAND I created. The new emuNAND works perfectly fine with all my data intact and system update even works now.
Not knowing the reason you formatted your 3DS that might not be an option for you. However, you can probably take a similar approach, deleting the data you don't want to keep (checking title IDs on http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list is a big help)

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, recently I bricked my emuNAND trying to update it through FBI (system settings update hasn't worked since I updated it to 10.3 and for some reason SysUpdater wasn't working this time)
What I did was transfer ticket.db, movable.sed, LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and the entire <ID0>\sysdata and extdata folders to a fresh emuNAND I created. The new emuNAND works perfectly fine with all my data intact and system update even works now.
Not knowing the reason you formatted your 3DS that might not be an option for you. However, you can probably take a similar approach, deleting the data you don't want to keep (checking title IDs on http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list is a big help)
Hmm that's interesting.
(Although ticket.db is one of the things I wanted to perish in the format)
I will look into it though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm that's interesting.
(Although ticket.db is one of the things I wanted to perish in the format)
I will look into it though.
You don't need to transfer ticket.db, I transferred it because I wanted to keep my installed titles, but it shouldn't matter if you don't care about those.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So.

I did a manual transfer from a console to another and the friend code was transfered (it appeared 1-2 later after the transfer)
I dont know if that is the file,but looking in a decrypted FAT16 in the past i saw a "Friend_Localseed" or something like that in the same folder of the ticket.db.

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did a manual transfer from a console to another and the friend code was transfered (it appeared 1-2 later after the transfer)
I dont know if that is the file,but looking in a decrypted FAT16 in the past i saw a "Friend_Localseed" or something like that in the same folder of the ticket.db.
I tried 'LocalFriendCodeSeed_B' and nothing happened.

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mega bump - forgot about this.
In the past i transfered the movable.sed and i have my old code right here. It must be a part of that file. "LocalFriendCodeSeed_B" is only the 0x08 offset of one keyY.
Doing that run the initial setup :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night