Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, he doesn't have a Wii U. Directly referring to Plaitect
Ding ding ding we have a winner u have finally said what I have been wanting to say since the start of the thread but was holding it back should I have to use it latter lol. Who in their right mind is going to trust a guide written by someone who doesn't even own the hardware the guide is about lol expecially when said person Plaitect in this case has previously said they have had very little interaction with the said system the guide is for.

I know fuck all about cars but ask me to fix any problem with your motorbike and I will be able to do it no problem does that make me qualified to fix your car when it breaks down??? Would you trust me to fix your car??? The answer to both those questions is no so why trust a guide when one of the two people behind it has zero knowledge about the wiiu.

Reactions: Deleted User

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what if I said that I used wiiu.guide about a month ago and it worked fine without breaking my Wii U? (I feel like people are about to kill me for saying a good thing about wiiu.guide lol)

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, he doesn't have a Wii U. Directly referring to Plaitect
A person making a Wii U guide that doesn't have a Wii U? Now that's comedy!
Ding ding ding we have a winner u have finally said what I have been wanting to say since the start of the thread but was holding it back should I have to use it latter lol. Who in their right mind is going to trust a guide written by someone who doesn't even own the hardware the guide is about lol expecially when said person Plaitect in this case has previously said they have had very little interaction with the said system the guide is for.

I know fuck all about cars but ask me to fix any problem with your motorbike and I will be able to do it no problem does that make me qualified to fix your car when it breaks down??? Would you trust me to fix your car??? The answer to both those questions is no so why trust a guide when one of the two people behind it has zero knowledge about the wiiu.
what about flim flam, does plail just handle formating and flim flam the actual guide itself? then it would make sense I guess

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what about flim flam, does plail just handle formating and flim flam the actual guide itself? then it would make sense I guess
I think the writing of the guide went something like this

FlimFlam goes on the internet and looks at all the wiiu guides by other people. He then copy and pastes different parts from different guides and gives them all to Plaitect who then puts them into some kind of order that makes sense. They then for some God unknown reason put the guide out on the internet and everyone thinks they are gods pretty soon they got found out as many people then bricked their wiiu. The two of them then wait months before correcting the mistakes in the guide and they do this again by copy and pasting the info that was wrong or missing from other peoples guides lol. You can pretty much look at each paragraph in wiiu guide and go oh that came from this guide oh and that paragraph came from that other guide and so on.

D

Deleted User

FlimFlam goes on the internet and looks at all the wiiu guides by other people. He then copy and pastes different parts from different guides and gives them all to Plaitect who then puts them into some kind of order that makes sense. They then for some God unknown reason put the guide out on the internet and everyone thinks they are gods pretty soon they got found out as many people then bricked their wiiu. The two of them then wait months before correcting the mistakes in the guide and they do this again by copy and pasting the info that was wrong or missing from other peoples guides lol. You can pretty much look at each paragraph in wiiu guide and go oh that came from this guide oh and that paragraph came from that other guide and so on.
It isn't inspiration if it's copied.
*Insert that meme here*

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It isn't inspiration if it's copied.
*Insert that meme here*
Want to know something I find funny???

Here in Scotland FlimFlam is a word used all the time by Scottish people and do you want to know what it means??

To flimflam is to talk like you are an expert about something you have little to no knowledge about.

I'm not even kidding.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so he based his guides on other because he may have had a better idea on how to organize it all visually, there is such thing as slight competition of wanting to make something better

Last edited by jt_1258,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
RedNAND is an emulated copy of the sysNAND. Since it is not official it would technically be a custom firmware. It doesn't matter how its loaded or where it runs. Once you're in it you are no longer using the office built in sysNAND so it's a custom firmware. Semantics really
RedNAND is a CFW feature, it's not a CFW in itself.
Saying CBHC boots into Mocha which boots into RedNAND is a CFW booting a CFW booting a CFW is simply wrong.
Mocha is not booting into another CFW, RedNAND just happens to be a feature that Mocha supports.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

RedNAND just happens to be a feature that Mocha supports.
redNAND is another CFW. Mocha just redirects request for it to create a copy of sysNAND and boot into that copy. So still, Mocha is present while booting and while Wii U reboots, redNAND is present. So 3 CFWs in a row.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
redNAND is another CFW. Mocha just redirects request for it to create a copy of sysNAND and boot into that copy. So still, Mocha is present while booting and while Wii U reboots, redNAND is present. So 3 CFWs in a row.
No... No it isn't. :wtf:
I don't know where you get this from but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
RedNAND is exactly what it says on the tin - Redirected NAND.
On its own, it doesn't do anything except boot a copy of OFW. A copy of OFW is still OFW. Nevermind that it wouldn't be possible to run on its own, because it's not a CFW; it requires a CFW in order to work.
You are confusing the terms sysNAND and redNAND with the terms OFW and CFW. They're completely separate things. You can have any combination of both. sysNAND OFW, sysNAND CFW, redNAND OFW, redNAND CFW, they're all technically possible.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody recommends redNAND these days anyway so why are we arguing semantics over the word? It's prone to corruption and SD card issues so its a non issue.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody recommends redNAND these days anyway so why are we arguing semantics over the word? It's prone to corruption and SD card issues so its a non issue.
it's like someone recommending menuhax in 2017 if someones on a system version that it isn't patched on yet XD
Context: menuhax is a secondary exploit on 3ds that is kind of useless as better less limiting exploits exist

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... No it isn't. :wtf:
I don't know where you get this from but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
RedNAND is exactly what it says on the tin - Redirected NAND.
On its own, it doesn't do anything except boot a copy of OFW. A copy of OFW is still OFW. Nevermind that it wouldn't be possible to run on its own, because it's not a CFW; it requires a CFW in order to work.
You are confusing the terms sysNAND and redNAND with the terms OFW and CFW. They're completely separate things. You can have any combination of both. sysNAND OFW, sysNAND CFW, redNAND OFW, redNAND CFW, they're all technically possible.
If you feel that you could help out the community by fixing some of the terminology then I'd be glad to give you edit rights to the noob guide. I love when people help out and make it better!

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I hope you saw since the beginning of this discussion, now wii u has been updated to 5.5.2!!! take care! not lucky with this thread you began few ago...after 18 months without update!!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is the real test. Lets see how long before this "holy wiiu guide" gets updated to reflect the recent firmware push. I truly hope that these "hundreds" of users that use this guide don't get boned because they don't have a nand backup or they try and follow it fresh today and update to 5.5.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs