This Panasonic-GameCube is a beast!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How big is that thing? If it wasn't for the referential remote control and gamecube controller, I would've thought it was the size of a vacuum cleaner.

Other than that...I honestly have to give this a slow clap. Bravo: it's what the gamecube should have been but wasn't. Right now, it has "FOR FANS ONLY!" slapped all over the cover, as the die-hard nintendo fanboys probably have no way to play DVD's...or music CD's (I assume that's that 3rd option of this 3-in-1? :unsure: ).

For everyone else...I don't see much point in buying a 3-in-1 device if the price for the 3 devices by themselves adds up to a cheaper total.
It's quite a bit bigger than a GameCube. A lot taller and it's bigger all around. I would say it's about 2 GameCubes worth in size.
It's been a while since I saw the one on display though.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
DOES IT SUPPORT THE GAMEBOY PLAYER? THIS IS A CRITICAL QUESTION GUYS AND SORRY FOR MY CAPS LOCK. PEOPLE WOULDN'T THINK I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THIS IF I TYPE PROPERLY.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOES IT SUPPORT THE GAMEBOY PLAYER? THIS IS A CRITICAL QUESTION GUYS AND SORRY FOR MY CAPS LOCK. PEOPLE WOULDN'T THINK I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THIS IF I TYPE PROPERLY.
Yes but the normal GameCube GBA player does not work as you have to use a gameboy player that was made specially and only for the Panasonic cube

Reactions: nxwing

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
How big is that thing? If it wasn't for the referential remote control and gamecube controller, I would've thought it was the size of a vacuum cleaner.

Other than that...I honestly have to give this a slow clap. Bravo: it's what the gamecube should have been but wasn't. Right now, it has "FOR FANS ONLY!" slapped all over the cover, as the die-hard nintendo fanboys probably have no way to play DVD's...or music CD's (I assume that's that 3rd option of this 3-in-1? :unsure: ).

For everyone else...I don't see much point in buying a 3-in-1 device if the price for the 3 devices by themselves adds up to a cheaper total.
It's Compact Disc so it also plays CDs, well, from what I remember pretty much every DVD Player I owned did. I think I have a DVD Player that plays SACD but I don't have one so can't really test, and I presume my PS3 60GB can do it too but not really interested in this function since the SACDs are kind of expensive and limited.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
i gave a like to this post, because there is no hate button.
such butthurt :'(

anywho, is the dvd and the game output diferent? because here is that gamecube video out, with the game in parenthesis, and there is a yellow rca\s video on the side
you will have to switch the channel on the tv\input to use the dvd function or gamecube?

I don't have to switch channels when using DVD functions or GC mode. I use either a S-Video or a Component cable converted into a SCART on my setup.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this thing really only play Japanese/American DVDs only or is there a mod or hack to make the DVD region free? Also, any idea if a mod chip can be fitted so that it can play any region ISOs?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
around 2000's I even wanted a GC (but never had :v my GC is my wii now lol) when I saw this one, was theone I most wanted xD
I didn't knew that was japan only and that GC had region lock and stuffs :P

Reactions: WiiCube_2013
D

Deleted User

I think someone I used to be friends with had one of these?
I could be remembering incorrectly, though...

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i gave a like to this post, because there is no hate button.
such butthurt :'(

anywho, is the dvd and the game output diferent? because here is that gamecube video out, with the game in parenthesis, and there is a yellow rca\s video on the side
you will have to switch the channel on the tv\input to use the dvd function or gamecube?

The digital A/V out (game) is for the component cables. I don't know what that (game) might mean, does the DVD not play via component? But I would assume you could definitely play games through the built in composite or s-video jacks. It would sure suck otherwise, especially with how expensive GC component cables are.

But yeah, nice system, should have been the default model.

edit:whoops didn't see this

I don't have to switch channels when using DVD functions or GC mode. I use either a S-Video or a Component cable converted into a SCART on my setup.

cool!

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always known about the existence of Panasonic-GameCube but these pictures make this 3-in-1 device all the more interesting!

Photos:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Source: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Boxe...PN-NTSC-JPN-UK-adapter-included-/251922046424

As cool as it looks I'm not going to purchase it by any chance but it's definitely something a Nintendo collector should own rather than a reseller.
Do you have one?!
Because I'd like one, I only know one place selling one. In NY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.