This Nintendo Switch launch defect compilation video is terrifying

You know what they say: never buy a console out of launch. But some of us just can't resist, right? Screw it I'm getting one... wait! maybe not.

This video provides visual proof of a variety of problems people are having across the globe. We hope these early adopters will be able to get their consoles replaced or fixed quick!

Also, not visible in the video: 1.99 million other consoles working normally

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Scary video and then... ASHLEY Jenkins! Fuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!! That woman!!! :wub::wub::wub: -Ashley aside, I wonder if this launch is really as bad (from a technical POV) as it seems or if it's the Internet blowing things up to over 9K.
The only reason Rooster Teeth has such a grand support.. horny guys watching a girl talk.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Someone tell me what a "good" console launch was and i'll find you a video of that console not working at launch. This is not a new thing.
GameCube had a strong European launch and my NGC still works flawlessly. After the NGC's console release, Switch's the best one for me.

My best to worst Nintendo consoles:
1. SNES
2. NES
3. NGC
4. Switch
5. N64
6. WiiU
7. Wii

LMAO I's the Internet, what do you expect?! Then again I have a soft spot for blondes. :P
I used to watch RT gaming news for the Funhaus (former-Machinima cast) guys but since it's always that blonde doing every video it just became really boring and uninteresting. The boys would throw in some comedy and comments while reporting the news, here she just says like it is. Eh.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GameCube had a strong European launch and my NGC still works flawlessly. After the NGC's console release, Switch's the best one for me.

My best to worst Nintendo consoles:
1. SNES
2. NES
3. NGC
4. Switch
5. N64
6. WiiU
7. Wii

I used to watch RT gaming news for the Funhaus (former-Machinima cast) guys but since it's always that blonde doing every video it just became really boring and uninteresting. The boys would throw in some comedy and comments while reporting the news, here she just says like it is. Eh.
In what fucking way is the Switch better than the N64? LOL what a joke

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we're moving from console defects to ranking consoles. If that'd the case, Wii U followed by Wii are the two greatest Nintendo systems of all time. Why?

Emulation
Media playback
Controller Custimization
Great games

That fact that I can play almost every Nintendo home console game (minus some N64 games) on Wii U and using almost any controller I want alone makes the Wii U the greatest Nintendo of all time. Switch on the other hand has yet to prove itself.

Reactions: sarkwalvein
S

Saiyan Lusitano

No flaws. Those people obviously broke their switches and then made a video.
Facepalm_Tatiana_Maslany.jpg

In what fucking way is the Switch better than the N64?
In my opinion the Switch is better than the N64 thanks to the upcoming catalogue of games, stunningly awesome controller, two-in-one gaming system and the size of games aren't limited to an X amount.

the N64 was MUCH better than the Wii
This is for us all, and especially, for you.

8207595_orig.png

EDIT:

So we're moving from console defects to ranking consoles. If that'd the case, Wii U followed by Wii are the two greatest Nintendo systems of all time. Why?

Emulation
Media playback
Controller Custimization
Great games

That fact that I can play almost every Nintendo home console game (minus some N64 games) on Wii U and using almost any controller I want alone makes the Wii U the greatest Nintendo of all time. Switch on the other hand has yet to prove itself.
The first two cannot count because they require to hack the console.

Last edited by , , Reason: Resized pic.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The switch only had such great sales so far is just because of hype. How many people have so far returned their switch? I am betting a decent percentage, likely more than the wii, but not more than the wii u.

Can someone show me what launch issues the wii had? I missed them as I only came around a year after the wii was launched.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch only had such great sales so far is just because of hype. How many people have so far returned their switch? I am betting a decent percentage, likely more than the wii, but not more than the wii u.

Can someone show me what launch issues the wii had? I missed them as I only came around a year after the wii was launched.
Not a launch problem, but iirc there was an update I believe was closer to the beginning of the Wii that bricked some consoles.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
my early release PS2 and it optical drive remember, day one consoles are the worst x), it takes rougly 5-10 secondes to open the drive since like 7-8 years lol. I do know that later version doesnt have that problem because my cousins bought it later and played as much, or even more than me.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facepalm_Tatiana_Maslany.jpg

In my opinion the Switch is better than the N64 thanks to the upcoming catalogue of games, stunningly awesome controller, two-in-one gaming system and the size of games aren't limited to an X amount.

This is for us all, and especially, for you.

8207595_orig.png

EDIT:

The first two cannot count because they require to hack the console.

Nobody ever said whether we are judging the consoles by their official features or their usefulness as a whole.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Many, if not all launch tech face some sort of issue. Samsung had it with the exploding Notes, the 3DS scratched itself, PS4 HDMI's were bad, Ryzen chips have some issue with RAM, etc. This isn't too ridiculous to see happen, but usually, the reported issues are just one problem. The Switch is having all sorts of oddities, from the GPU freaking out, to the Joycons not connecting correctly, to game carts not being read, to dead pixels, and more. And the fact that Nintendo is being quite skittish with their removal of the dock from their store while claiming they didn't, and them DEFENDING dead pixels on a brand new product, they aren't handling this very well, though, granted, we are only one week in. The fact that people are calling fanboyisms and trying to defend Nintendo is hilarious--broken hardware is broken hardware. There's no excuse for it. There should already be a press release or some sort of comment from them saying they'd at least look into these things, but it seems like it's just radio silence. Even PlayStation, who's known for their garbage customer service was able to claim their PS4 launch issues were "for a select few", or when the Vita firmware caused touchscreens to be unresponsive, there was a patch by the end of the next day.
They didn't remove the dock from the store. It's simply sold out. You can go buy all the necessary stuff that the dock bundle would normally have through their store though (which of course is a little bit more because it's not bundled together).

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/category.jsp?categoryId=cat831448

Last edited by DiscostewSM,

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I guess this is happening to half of the Switch's? Mine has been fine. If that's the case, how the hell did the other Switch's become defective?

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
We are making it Home Console and Portable - Sweet!
It's now region free - Nice!
Paid Subscription - Doh, but at least the online will be better!
Tons of developers making games for it already - Neat!
Nintendo decided to grow up and not be all kid-friendly all the time - Awesome!
New "open world" Mario game - *Michael Jackson OW sound* :D
Nintendo Switch defects on launch such as screen broken, high pitched random noise, scratches from a primary part of the switch, skins cause damage to switch, game cards don't read and more. - ...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Not a launch problem, but iirc there was an update I believe was closer to the beginning of the Wii that bricked some consoles.
The only bricking that I can remember with the wii happened because of people running homebrew to pirate games. More specifically, a piece of homebrew created by Waninkoko because his software downloaded the latest SM IOS without updating to the latest SM, and that SM IOS was a stub and it caused hundreds of bricks. I know this personally very well because it gave me lots of business where I repaired a few hundred bricked wii's just because of waninkoko's stupid screw up.

Then the shmuck (waninkoko) did a similar thing with the PS3's and I made even more money. In the end I made well over $2,000 just on fixing consoles that his shit software bricked. I love him for his stupidity, but I hate him because he is such an idiot.

Funny, he stays completely away from the gaming console scenes now and he will never put his "hacking" on a resume.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL "some flaws" the first 360's had a failure rate over 50%

WAY more than a "small flaw"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was worth the early adopters risk, the early adopters of the Wii U...a system that actually works.
oh, you! nah,but seriously mate, I like my zelda on the go. makes it so i can actually play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white