This Nintendo Switch launch defect compilation video is terrifying

You know what they say: never buy a console out of launch. But some of us just can't resist, right? Screw it I'm getting one... wait! maybe not.

This video provides visual proof of a variety of problems people are having across the globe. We hope these early adopters will be able to get their consoles replaced or fixed quick!

Also, not visible in the video: 1.99 million other consoles working normally

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vocal minority. If your system is having issues (and this applies to any piece of technology, not just the Switch) then you will be vocal about it. If your system is working perfectly fine, then you'll actually be using it. Just because a few people are having issues, doesn't mean you will.

PS4 also has some issues at launch.

This is what happens to early adopters. I fortunately haven't had an issue with my Switch.

Also, for the joycon strap "issue", that's the user being retarded, not Nintendo's fault. If you can't align the shapes on the strap with the controller, then that's all on you.

Reactions: jpx86

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice to see the fanboys jumping at the defence of a product that was not properly tested before it was released to the public at a rip off price. If this was a video about a MS or Sony product you would have all been heralding it as evidence of what horrible companies they are.

These are just the first day bugs, when kiddies first underpowered tablet falls apart completely in a month I cant wait to see you all defending it then.

Good luck with your "beta testing" suckers.

LOL

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i've only seen this happen to one guy have been all over the net haven't heard of it happening to anyone else. me thinks there is some trickery or tempering going on here.

death360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see the fanboys jumping at the defence of a product that was not properly tested before it was released to the public at a rip off price. If this was a video about a MS or Sony product you would have all been heralding it as evidence of what horrible companies they are.

These are just the first day bugs, when kiddies first underpowered tablet falls apart completely in a month I cant wait to see you all defending it then.

Good luck with your "beta testing" suckers.

LOL

Anybody wanna ride to the Republic of Kekistan.

Reactions: munchluxe63

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 and have had 0 problems. One has been dropped twice from about 4 feet on to concrete, and it is fine.

There are always going to be a few problems on something produced at this volume. You just hear about it more than in the past because of social media.

For things like people scraping the screen down the dock or attaching things the wrong way - well Nintendo didn't realize how stupid some people are. I guess they can make some small changes, but really you could just pay attention to what you are doing and avoid these problems.

It is by far the most impressive system I've ever owned. It exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could've also been struck by lightning on your way to get a Switch.
Neither outcome deterred me, yet both are just as likely as eachother, and here I am like 100 hours later still playing BOTW.

This is a very, very small minority of people. It's retarded to even worry about it. It's more obvious to see shit like this because, surprise surprise, people (mostly) don't make random videos of their consoles working as intended to show that it does. The .001% with a factory defect however, likely will because hey it's 2017.

People overreacting to absolutely nothing. Business as usual on the internet.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, so the law of large numbers has been banged on for five pages. I'm more interested in the following:
Also, not visible in the video: 1.99 million other consoles working normally
Is this a guesstimate or do we actually have a reliable source on how many units are sold worldwide? :)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so the law of large numbers has been banged on for five pages. I'm more interested in the following:

Is this a guesstimate or do we actually have a reliable source on how many units are sold worldwide? :)

Nintendo mentioned the Switch has sold more than the Wii's launch did...which was incredibly successful.
No solid numbers though, but it's quite a lot.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I have no issues with the system, except the wifi range is shit compared to all my existing setups.

To me this looks like a dig at Nintendo by haters, over exaggerating a compliation of isolated incidents. The straps is a issue yeah, and the dock causing scratches, yet all be avoided by paying attention and care.

Every console, device has teething troubles at launch, yet the world we live in now with so much negativity with social media and it's clan of trolls in every corner of the world, it's just crap that others want you to see and hear imo.

Make your own mind up on things, not by someone elses.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I had my Zelda screaming for me to update it. So I tried, but after updating, it still said 0.0MB in size, and asked me to update again. Deleting it and re-downloading it just kept putting me into an update loop of downloading it, then the Update prompt, with 0.0MB every time. So I went into the data management options, and found you can scan for data corruption, and I did. What shocked me though was that it actually found the problematic corruption, but it didn't fix it. The only fix was re-initializing the console with the "Keep game saves" option, and after setting it up again, Zelda and the update worked again.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

it's a bullshitstimate based on the "2 million consoles available at launch" common knowledge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over