Hardware Third Party Wii Remote Compatibility

Schumaklaab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I am looking to purchase a Wii U Premium Pack, and am curious as to whether or not third party Wii remotes are compatible with the Wii U.

EB Games, my primary local game retailer, is selling the console with a Spartan Wii Remote + and Nunchuk, which would be a good deal for me, considering my other Wii remotes do not have Motionplus.

It would be great if anyone could give me some info on their experiences with third party accessories.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stick with a Official Wii Remote (With MotionPlus)
ALL 3rd party ones have problems.

I thought I could save a buck getting the Nyko Wand+'s ( I got 2) so as they were cheaper then a Wii Remote (this was before the Integrated MotionPlus into the Remote) and had MotionPlus builtIn, Which is why I got them. they are terrible.
Not as accurate, MotionPlus is inaccurate, and NintendoLand minigames that use the MotionPlus features keep prompting me to insert one into my wand+(that has one already).
so either get a official one or end up like me and others who get prompts that want me to use a "Wand++"(made it up) that has a motionplus adapter attached to a it with it having it builtin also.[basically I get a prompt to attach a dongle to my wand+]. this happens to others as well.
3rd party remotes still have the same problems then as they do now so this is still relevant.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
stick with a Official Wii Remote (With MotionPlus)
ALL 3rd party ones have problems.

I thought I could save a buck getting the Nyko Wand+'s ( I got 2) so as they were cheaper then a Wii Remote (this was before the Integrated MotionPlus into the Remote) and had MotionPlus builtIn, Which is why I got them. they are terrible.
Not as accurate, MotionPlus is inaccurate, and NintendoLand minigames that use the MotionPlus features keep prompting me to insert one into my wand+(that has one already).
so either get a official one or end up like me and others who get prompts that want me to use a "Wand++"(made it up) that has a motionplus adapter attached to a it with it having it builtin also.[basically I get a prompt to attach a dongle to my wand+]. this happens to others as well.
3rd party remotes still have the same problems then as they do now so this is still relevant.

Absolutely no 3rd party remotes work.

RiderFx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

I have got Wiimote's clone from china (ebay is your friend) and it work properly with my WiiU.

I have recently bought a new clone of wiimote plus, and I will test and report if it works ! (14€ free shipping)

RiderFx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have received news wiimote plus from ebay, and I confirm that it works like a charm on vWii, tested on HBC, and Wiiflow, it's good !

It's this model 'New 2 in 1" :

2in1_Wii_Remote_Black2.jpg

Reactions: Schumaklaab

Schumaklaab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have received news wiimote plus from ebay, and I confirm that it works like a charm on vWii, tested on HBC, and Wiiflow, it's good !

It's this model 'New 2 in 1" :

2in1_Wii_Remote_Black2.jpg
Thanks. Good to have all this info. It's good to know that there is some compatibility with third party controllers.

Reactions: maniax300

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking to get additional Wiimotes (as my daughter wants to have the Wii which is now unused) and am looking at 3rd party ones as the £50 (for wiimote + nunchuk) is a bit expensive .... I saw on the net somewhere that they don't work with charging stations which wouldn't be good anyway. Anyone got any ideas ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.