trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see. So Corsair, Thermaltake, Rosewill, and Cooler Master are alright?

Beside Corsair, other brands are per unit basis. For example, Rosewill Green 630 W and above should be avoided due to high ripple, but 430 W and 530 W are quality unit.

Corsair did at one point rolled out no good PSU, but that has been since discontinued.

Reactions: .Chris

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Is buying PSU hard for Bosnia?

Most of the stuff is over priced, like in the local shop. A 250GB HDD for 130 $ but the guy that i found online gets me stuff for cheaper.
He has some PSUs but they are quite expensive and its getting over the budget.
The one that he has right now are: LC Power,Chieftec,Thermaltake,Seasonic,Raidmax and Cooler Master

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My recommendation is to save up some money look into those Thermaltake, Cooler Master, and Seasonic. If you have the model number you can post it here.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
S-Tech is slightly better here in this case, because when you consider total +12V output being 384 W for 450 W PSU, it does look like it is tuned toward ATX 2.0+ rather than old and obsolete ATX 1.0. However, you really have to know which rail powers what. Do you have manual for that S-Tech PSU?

Really right now you should be saving some money and search for reputable PSU. If unsure you can post model numer/picture.

EDIT: Actually nvm

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You're misunderstanding him. What you've shown us are (blurry) pics of a 20+4 pin ATX cable, SATA power cables with a 4 pin CPU power cable (I think) and a couple molex power cables. Too blurry to tell what the 8 pin connector is, but it could be a GPU 6+2 pin cable. Those are standard cables so there's no physical compatability issue there.

What he's asking is how the 12V rails divide the power. If it's CPU and GPU on one rail and motherboard on the other, then it's a crappy PSU. If CPU and GPU are separated on different rails, then it should theoretically be more stable. The short answer is that you don't know so he can only guess (or try fishing up an online spec sheet, which is often easier said than done).

This thread is all down to the quality of the PSU because we've seen/heard too many bad stories of what happens to PCs with cheap/crappy/no-brand PSUs. You don't have to get a better PSU if you don't want to (e.g. Budget concerns), but we will always advise getting a trusted PSU brand because it will save many headaches a few months down the line.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You're misunderstanding him. What you've shown us are (blurry) pics of a 20+4 pin ATX cable, SATA power cables with a 4 pin CPU power cable (I think) and a couple molex power cables. Too blurry to tell what the 8 pin connector is, but it could be a GPU 6+2 pin cable. Those are standard cables so there's no physical compatability issue there.

What he's asking is how the 12V rails divide the power. If it's CPU and GPU on one rail and motherboard on the other, then it's a crappy PSU. If CPU and GPU are separated on different rails, then it should theoretically be more stable. The short answer is that you don't know so he can only guess (or try fishing up an online spec sheet, which is often easier said than done).

This thread is all down to the quality of the PSU because we've seen/heard too many bad stories of what happens to PCs with cheap/crappy/no-brand PSUs. You don't have to get a better PSU if you don't want to (e.g. Budget concerns), but we will always advise getting a trusted PSU brand because it will save many headaches a few months down the line.

The PSU has:
20+4 Pin(Mobo)
6 pin(GPU)
4 pin(CPU)
x2 Dark pins(Guess that Sata)
x4 [Horizontal 4 pin] (Those were used by the old PC for old HDD and CD ROM)
x1 [Connector for Floppy]

The 8pin one actually was a 6 pin for the GPU.

I just wanted to check if i'm connecting them right to the PC that i have right now

My GPU doesn't even have the 6pin socket, it gets power directly from the motherboard.

So i guess i gotta only connect the 20 pin to the Mobo, 4 pin to the CPU and those black to HDD and DVD-ROM.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Without manual (and maker website makes no mentioning of any PSU), only way to tell would be to open PSU up. I advise you NOT to open PSU up, because one wrong move and you'll get electrocuted to death, even when left unplugged.

Here is my thoughts: If you need this new computer right away go ahead use that S-Tech PSU, but make it your number 1 priority to replace it within a year.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beside Corsair, other brands are per unit basis. For example, Rosewill Green 630 W and above should be avoided due to high ripple, but 430 W and 530 W are quality unit.

Corsair did at one point rolled out no good PSU, but that has been since discontinued.

Seasonic and XFX say hi.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I should post this here too:

Code:
I was searching for some PSUs.

I want to use it with the PC that i have right now and with the new PC that i want to build.

My PC ATM has:
CPU: Intel Pentium G630 @ 2.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidsia GeForce GT630 2GB Palit
HDD: SAMSUNG SP0812C ATA
Motherboard: MSI H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788)
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 @ 532Mhz (I think its TakeMS)

The PC that i would probably make is:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 @ 3.2Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 GV-N650OC-1GI (There's the same but MSI, but people online told me to go with EVGA or Gigabyte cause they are '' top tier " dunno why)
HDD: 1 TB Western Digital Cavier Blue WD10EZEX (Wouldn't use the old Samsung)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-E33 (microATX so it can fit my housing)
RAM: Would use the same and later upgrade to 8 GB probably

I choose the intel CPU cause i want to emulate PS2 and Wii games, i could get a AMD FX-6300 but that one sucks with emulating. So i want to build a PC that is both good at emulating and playing PC games.

Now the PSUs are:
[QUOTE]Raidmax
- RX-635AP
- RX-835AP
- RX-600AF
- RX-735AP

Chieftek
- GPS-600A8
- GPS-700A8
- CTG-650C
- CTG-750C

Thermaltake
- SPS-630M

LC Power
- LC6650GP3

Cooler Master
- RS-700-ACABD3-E1

Any of them good or should i search for others?

One of the guys here said that i should go with the Thermaltake SPS-630M.
What do you mean?

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supposedly the best PSU's are made by/have Seasonic parts and they are not necessarily the most expensive. Is the Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze within your budget ?

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Supposedly the best PSU's are made by/have Seasonic parts and they are not necessarily the most expensive. Is the Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze within your budget ?

The Seasonic is in the range but the problem is that i can't get from Europe cause of customs, would be much more expensive then and idk if it would break or something during shippping( and the shipping, yes , it would be pretty expensive too)

The Seasonic that the dude has are expensive lol, going from 120-200 Euro.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Seasonic is in the range but the problem is that i can't get from Europe cause of customs, would be much more expensive then and idk if it would break or something during shippping( and the shipping, yes , it would be pretty expensive too)

The Seasonic that the dude has are expensive lol, going from 120-200 Euro.
What about a Corsair CX 600M ? It's not the same quality as the Seasonic, but it's still good quality for the price and I know some Corsair PSU's use Seasonic parts. Or have a look at some reviews of the 600w EVGA 600B which is cheaper still.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
What about a Corsair CX 600M ? It's not the same quality as the Seasonic, but it's still good quality for the price and I know some Corsair PSU's use Seasonic parts.

Of Chieftec he has:

GPS-600A8
GPS-700A8
CTG-550C
CTG-650C
CTG-750C

Btw w/e i check here http://www.realhardtechx.com most of them are not certified.
The one that are were the Raidmax one's (- RX-635AP - RX-835AP )

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thermaltake isn't certified thou and the Raidmax one's are.
80 Plus certification doesn't mean a lot. All it does is measuring efficiency at 3 load points, 20%, 50%, and 80%. The whole testing process is flawed. They don't go sample your product randomly, but it is up to manufacturer to supply a unit for them to test. Manufacturer often supply cherry picked unit to them.

They don't test whether PSU adheres to ATX 2.0 specification at all. So it doesn't speak to the quality of PSU at all.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
80 Plus certification doesn't mean a lot. All it does is measuring efficiency at 3 load points, 20%, 50%, and 80%. The whole testing process is flawed. They don't go sample your product randomly, but it is up to manufacturer to supply a unit for them to test. Manufacturer often supply cherry picked unit to them.

They don't test whether PSU adheres to ATX 2.0 specification at all. So it doesn't speak to the quality of PSU at all.
But it sounds cool and makes it easier to sell units to those who don't know any better.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Amazon have been running a free trial for their prime service for a while now. If the quality/or price of the delivery puts you off, you could sign up for the trial and get free delivery on the PSU and then cancel the trial before it expires and you have to pay. Most items from Amazons uk website can be delivered to European addresses. Or you could try ordering from the Italian Amazon website as it is probably much closer to you.

You mentioned that the person has at least one Thermaltake PSU. Does he have a TR2 series TR-600 ? It's not as good quality wise as the Corsair I expect, but it's certainly not a bad quality PSU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8