deamon1311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a few questions.

i am considering hacking my wii its a older black wii gamecube compatable model.

i wont be doing any overly daring stuff with the console.

perhaps wad manager snes/nes/n64 emulation.

was wondering how safe hacking the wii via letterbomb is.

the system menu is 4.3u

i would install homebrewchannel and wad manager and mentioned emulators.

also note i can get my hands on a fully functional wii for $5 through a friend who is no longer using theirs.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing about hacking the Wii, sometimes it can be dangerous. Not the initial install, but the things you want personally install afterwards. I installed USB loader and a certain app (Forget the name) that allowed me to play Gamecube games. When I did that, I don't know how, but I managed to destroy the disc reader and now I cannot play ANY disc from ANY game. You wouldn't believe how PISSED I was...And I didn't make backups for my Wii either...

MAKE SURE you make backups! Always! Anything and everything can happen!

deamon1311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would i mess with gamecube games i can already run them on my modchipped gamecube or the wii directly.

i wont take a lot of chances.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Install bootmii, then priiloader, and finally make a NAND backup. Its really simple. If you do it your set.
Yes! Do this! I didn't and Wii got fucked! Don't be like me!

why would i mess with gamecube games i can already run them on my modchipped gamecube or the wii directly.

That wasn't the point of what I said. The point was to make sure you know exactly what you're doing and what you're getting into. You don't want any mistakes. Always backup

Reactions: Zero72463

deamon1311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a rule of thumb dont use "unstable" releases of the softwares and make a backup.

this cant be any harder than rooting a android phone and compiling/installing a custom rom.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing about hacking the Wii, sometimes it can be dangerous. Not the initial install, but the things you want personally install afterwards. I installed USB loader and a certain app (Forget the name) that allowed me to play Gamecube games. When I did that, I don't know how, but I managed to destroy the disc reader and now I cannot play ANY disc from ANY game. You wouldn't believe how PISSED I was...And I didn't make backups for my Wii either...

MAKE SURE you make backups! Always! Anything and everything can happen!

You just need to install the original MIOS on your Wii. It sounds like you installed DIOS MIOS prior to version 2.10. It makes the system menu unable to boot retail GC discs.

deamon1311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok mac adres entered at letterbomb site zip aquired

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what now

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To save the laser on your gamecube. You don't want it to die and you having to replace it do you? Same goes with the wii laser so you can instead just use nintendont to play gamecube games through sd card or usb.

After the wii is softmodded of course.

deamon1311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh?????

ok the gamecube was hardmodded years ago the wii im currently working on softmoding got the letterbomb site zip file need instructions on what to do with it

Last edited by deamon1311,

deamon1311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok message is.

homebrew channel can be installed
bootmii can only be installed as ios

current installed boot1 prevents boot2 install -2

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to install the original MIOS on your Wii. It sounds like you installed DIOS MIOS prior to version 2.10. It makes the system menu unable to boot retail GC discs.
Is there a way to fix this? I would love to have this fixed. Unfortunately, this happened so long ago that I don't have a NAND backup. Just an FYI

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to fix this? I would love to have this fixed. Unfortunately, this happened so long ago that I don't have a NAND backup. Just an FYI

Go get ModMii and on page 1 of the downloads in it you should see "M10 = MIOSv10" under "Non-Fakesigned IOSs/MIOS". Download that and install it with a mod manager.

Reactions: Xanthe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple