Hacking Homebrew thinking of getting a psp slim

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You'd get the most for your money selling it on eBay or something. Last time I looked (a few weeks back) the PSPs were selling for close to retail already (less $30ish). At the time, I was hoping to get one for cheap, but I couldn't find any on there.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
how much average price is a regular?(used)

Gamestop was selling used ones for 80USD.

And yes, the only thing that has improved is the d-Pad, but in any case, how many good original fighting games besides Tekken do you play on the PSP? (Hell, even Tekken is almost a port).

About the extra memory, you really won't notice it since running your Backups from the MS is the fastest way to play a game.

The TV output is a steal as you'll have to buy two separate cables, each of them (the Sony ones) cost 20USD.
Since the Slim is not compatible with any DivX player for the 1.5, you are stuck with watching PMP (that take several minutes to convert) and UMDs.

The weight of the unit is a lot less yes, but the overall feel of it seems a lot cheaper.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not just fighting games that the new dpad is useful for (though that's the main reason I love it). It also makes a bit of difference on games like DJ Max Portable. My combos are noticably longer and my timing is faster now.

You only need one set of cables for TV output, but the price is definately a ripoff. You can easily find places that sell them for under $10.

As for the feel, I love the grip of the Slim. At first I didn't like the sound of how the back end was gonna be glossy instead of matte, and how the "love curves" were gone, but it feels so much more comfortable and I don't get hand cramps as easily now.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both but only use my Slim Psp because I get less hand cramps due to it being lighter, the keypad responsiveness makes games and homebrew more enjoyable, the analogue stick has more grip, the screen is noticeably sharper which again increases overall enjoyment and the extra RAM has already been unlocked by Dark Alex and some homebrew is already taking advantage of this. Many complain about the lack of 1.5 kernel but the fact is, the 3.XX kernel is more efficient and has been improved by Sony alot since 1.5. All of the emulators I like to use work on my Slim Psp. If you are going to buy a new Psp, I recommend the Slim without the slightest doubt. What are all of these emulators and homebrew that dont work on the Slim many mention?

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a PSP Slim about 3 weeks ago. Bought a pandora battery and magical memstick on ebay for only $55 including shipping. Took me 3 minutes to do the modding, and I am on my way to games.

The slim is definitely worth it. It has a much lighter feel, it is not much slimmer though. The screen looks a lil crisper, and the D-pad is much better. Not to mention double the ram of the original, which may come in handy for homebrew in the near future.

Just have to figure out the best converter programs for PSP->CSO.

Hope this helps.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a pandora battery and magical memstick on ebay for only $55 including shipping.Â

You should have just bought a Datel Tool battery for $29 with free shipping and used one of the free Pandora GUI to create the Memstick on your PC. Too late but may be useful information for others. They sell both the Slim and Phat version of pre-modified Pandora batteries.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ n45800,
thanks, I have heard of YACC, but have never tried it.

@ Lodis,
thanks for the tip. maybe late for me, but that will definetely help out other people. I had no clue you could make the magical memstick on the computer. I thought it had to be done on an already modded PSP Phat.

Sorry I dont know how to paste the [qoutes]. Every time I try, it comes out looking like crap. Any tips would be great.

Thanks,
suppachipmunk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If our Walmart has them yours probably does