Hacking Thinking about jailbreaking

Eaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the topic says i was thinking about jailbreaking my ps3 slim and i was wondering if the jailbreak is removed when i remove the usb stick, would there be any trace of the jailbreak if something would happen to the console ie. the console wont launch any original games?

Would you softmod or jailbreak?

Are there any difference between the diffrent jailbreak usb sticks, if so whitch one would you recommend or would you recommend the calculator method (TI-84+)?

Thnx in advance
smile.gif

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are unsure you can install a 3.41 CFW...
You will not need your dongle anymore but can still use it!!!
EDIT: yeah they are not in zorua's faq.
I think its just called HERMES CFW 3.41

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to stay on 3.41, there are 2 possibilities without dongle:
You can use Hermes cfw 3.41 (hermes v4 payload), or MFW builder 0.2 to create your own modified firmware for 3.41 without payload. the mfw will work like Kmeaw and you will be able to use BDEMU.BIN or Lv2 patcher when you need a specific payload.

I never tested mfw builder, I don't know how well it works, it should enable the installation of unsigned packaged like kmeaw cfw.

If you want to have a jailbreak free state, you can stay on 3.41 and when booting without the dongle you will be in normal mode. though you need to boot+reset evey time.
On the other way, if you install a cfw, you can always go back to ofw by installing the same version over the cfw, it prevent you to always boot with a dongle.

Once you installed or launched a homebrew, you are not clean anymore. The console is logging what you do, so having a jailbreak dongle or cfw is the same.
the jailbreak free state was used once to install psn demo when we couldn't use the Install Package file menu with retail pkg (by creating installation job files, and installing like if it was downloaded). Now it's not a problem anymore.

Eaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thnx for the replies, but unfortunately im stuck in the 3.56 swamp like many other new jailbreakers, just my luck -.- (currently doing a full factory reset in hopes of the old factory firmware being installed on it but doubt it rly, ill prolly post an update on it in about 19 fkn hrs
tongue.gif
)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eaxo said:
thnx for the replies, but unfortunately im stuck in the 3.56 swamp like many other new jailbreakers, just my luck -.- (currently doing a full factory reset in hopes of the old factory firmware being installed on it but doubt it rly, ill prolly post an update on it in about 19 fkn hrs
tongue.gif
)

If you're on 3.56 then you're pretty much SOL no matter what. Don't bother restting/rebooting/etc. You're stuck on 3.56 until 'something' happens.

Eaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, might aswell do it anyhow since i got nothing else to do
tongue.gif
, but any news on the hacking of 3.56 and higher?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning