Gaming Think Playstation+ is worth it on the vita?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I signed up after receiving an e-mail from Sony offering me a 30 day trial, i will continue subscribing after i learnt what was available.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're just using PS+ for vita, I don think its quite so worth it, but depends on the games you have for vita. All the games for vita from PS+ are all games you should have got for vita anyway tbh, at least they've all been games I've had for vita.
Only real great thing I've had from PS+ for vita so far was thomas was alone, but I do love having the likes of Uncharted/Virtues Last Reward/Rayman Origins (This month), all on my account to use on vita forever (As long as I have PS+ though, ha ha). I'm hoping resistance comes to PS+ for vita eventually, as I dont think from reviews I will risk buying it, though I certainly wouldnt mind trying it for free with PS+

For PS3 though, PS+ is the best thing ever, at first I thought of it as a kinda rental service, but its been great for getting me into games I never would have bought or even heard about, so I will very much want to renew it next year. Much better than Xbox Live, essentially forcing you to buy it to go online, while PS+ is totally optional and lets you, as a smart consumer, decide whether you want it or not.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great for PS3+Vita, but Vita usually gets the short end of the stick in that equation (for obvious reasons). Personally, if I was only using it for Vita, I'd certainly be a lot less inclined to re-sub.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got only a vita and I am a subscriber... I still think its worth it... like right now there is about 50$ worth of games free on Vita if you're a + subscriber... and it cost 60$ for the whole year...and they are good games... I love Wipeout and Zombie Tycoon 2...

LTK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're just using PS+ for vita, I don think its quite so worth it, but depends on the games you have for vita. All the games for vita from PS+ are all games you should have got for vita anyway tbh, at least they've all been games I've had for vita.
Only real great thing I've had from PS+ for vita so far was thomas was alone, but I do love having the likes of Uncharted/Virtues Last Reward/Rayman Origins (This month), all on my account to use on vita forever (As long as I have PS+ though, ha ha). I'm hoping resistance comes to PS+ for vita eventually, as I dont think from reviews I will risk buying it, though I certainly wouldnt mind trying it for free with PS+

For PS3 though, PS+ is the best thing ever, at first I thought of it as a kinda rental service, but its been great for getting me into games I never would have bought or even heard about, so I will very much want to renew it next year. Much better than Xbox Live, essentially forcing you to buy it to go online, while PS+ is totally optional and lets you, as a smart consumer, decide whether you want it or not.

Well I don't currently own any games on the Vita so I was thinking of subbing. Do the games change often so you don't get a chance to complete them?

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well... once you "Buy" the free game, it's your's until you close the PSN account...

Let's say Wipeout is available free... but it's been free for a month and sony says they'll remove Wipeout in a few days to repace it with a new game... you just "download" Wipeout... it'll mark it as "Bought" in your account even if it was free... then as the download starts, you can Cancel the wipeout download... ad leave it at that... this way months later, even if wipeout is not free anymore, you'll still be able to download it for free because for your account it will be marked as bought... 'cuz you took it when it was free... kinda complicated to explain... hope you get it lol

Reactions: Jetowa and LTK

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. The value of the games you get on the Vita alone is worth much more than the price you pay for a subscription, but the value is so much higher if you happen to also have a PS3.
2. Once you click on the "Purchase" button on a free PS+ game, its yours as long as you're subscribed. Even if a game is removed from the IGC, you'll still be able to download it from your purchase history, and you'll still be able to play it.
3. You only lose access to your games if your subscription runs out. But you can resubscribe to regain access.
4. You get so many games from PS+ that you'll be likely to run out of space unless you have a 32GB card.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's worth it. Here in America, it's only $60 for a whole year. $60 is the price of a new game! So yeah, you are getting all these great features and free stuff just by paying one price.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I don't currently own any games on the Vita so I was thinking of subbing. Do the games change often so you don't get a chance to complete them?

The games cycle each month. You get permanent access to "Gravity Rush" and "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" plus one "big" title and one "mini" title each month. Once the "purchase" has been made, it's permanently on your Downloads List and you can re-download it regardless of whether or not it's still on offer. You're from the UK, so you'll be under the European PS+ program - I'll post which PSVita games I got as a subscriber so far and you'll decide for yourself if it's worth it or not:
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (2+3)
  • Puddle
  • Chronovolt
  • WipeOut 2048
  • Knytt Underground
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Big Sky Infinity
  • Gravity Rush
  • Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Lumines: Electronic Symphony
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Pinball Arcade
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Sine Mora
  • Velocity Ultra
Each month the value of the games exceeds the price of the PS+ subscription if you had to buy them on your own, so I think it's a good deal. Next month it's going to be Rayman Origins and Coconut Dodge: Revitalized, so yay! :D

Reactions: LTK

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
As others have said, once you add the game to your account, its there forever, you can play it to your hearts content, until your PS+ subscription ends, then upon renewal, you'll be all set to play them again until that subscription ends.
Personally, thinking about the vita games I own/owned: Gravity Rush, MGS HD, Uncharted, Rayman Origins, Virtues Last Reward are probably easily some of the best games of the vita, so PS+ for them is probably worth it really. Though I dont think you can get some of them anymore. I think Uncharted/Gravity Rush/VLR/Thomas Was Alone are the vita games available for PS+ insant collection atm... but I may be wrong, but if I'm not, pretty good deal for them, VLR definitely highly reccommended, and uncharted/gravity rush are both some of the better games for vita and thomas was alone was better than I expected.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I've never bothered with psn+ plus either as I only had a Vita and 360 but I've just bought a PS3 super slim 500gb and am defintely getting psn+ now!
I bought Demons Souls Black Phantom edition for it and the game is free on + doh!
Also gonna grab ico and shadow of the collosus HD cant wait to relive those games! Makes me wish I made the switch years ago!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Had it first for PS3 only before it was introduced to the PSVita. After it was made available for the PSVita, I actually bought the console on black friday from Amazon.com (WHITE PSVITA MASTERRACE!). Haven't regretted buying the console or paying for PS+. Currently my subscription is scheduled to end ~December 2014.. :P

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playstation+ is like a rental service. You rent whatever they have when they have it you have it till your time runs out. For vita the games they have put up for rent are pretty darn good. So I would say it is worth it.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
It's awesome I've just got 3 games for my Vita and 8 or so for my PS3! Am really looking forward to getting stuck into Demon's Souls and trying out Catherine.
Been playing some Ico today and it brings back some fond memories of when I had it on PS2.

In short I don't think it is worth it for Vita alone (yet) unless you just get a 90 day sub and grab Gravity Rush and Uncharted, Sine Mora and Velocity Ultra.
With a PS3 it's a no brainer I just wish I'd made the switch years ago!

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
say I buy Plus, download a game, then plus runs out.
I can still play the game so long as I never delete it thus having to redownload?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
say I buy Plus, download a game, then plus runs out.
I can still play the game so long as I never delete it thus having to redownload?
No, the games are only playable if you are a subscriber. They have an internal timer and stop working when your subscription runs out, but they can be re-activated when you purchase another subscription.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the games are only playable if you are a subscriber. They have an internal timer and stop working when your subscription runs out, but they can be re-activated when you purchase another subscription.

Damn, thanks for clarifying though. I'm really on the edge since I hate subscriptions and I just barely got the vita

Reactions: Jetowa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool