Hacking think I may have found an interesting crash&error on 4.74 fw

Jimmay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey all.
so i dont really know much about the whole hacking scene but i think i found something interesting.
thing is I dont really know where to go from here with it.

so knowing these things run on a form of freebsd I got curious and wrote a freebsd usb (amd64) and figured id see what happens when its in my console and the results were.. interesting.

my usb has an indicator light and it constantly blinks when inserted indicating it is attempting to read the data or possibly boot off the drive.

after a while the console will then crash to a black screen and force itself to turn off.
from here i booted back up to an error CE-36329 -3

now as I have said im not really very knowledgeable in the scene but i thought maybe this could lead to something maybe from someone more knowledgeable than myself
as far as i know stuff like this is the doorway to getting into the console so i tohught id share it here :)

it exibits these behaviours when booted with the usb insered or when the usb is put in from the consoles menus

Edit: just did it again to make a video which I have added to this post for people to see it happening sorry for the quality my phone camera isnt the best

Last edited by Jimmay123,
D

Deleted User

Interesting can you upload another video of you doing it but with better lighting and showing your PS4 plugged into a power bar on your desk and also show the USB indicator light blinking just for a bit more proof

D

Deleted User

ok nice also apparently it's a well-known glitch but no one knows if hackers have used it to exploited the ps4 according to the ps4 homebrew discord

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here is the discord if you want to join it https://discord.gg/qvaqXv

Jimmay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Jimmay123,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's a common misconception that crashing software leads to exploits. It comes from the fact that buffer overflows (a common exploit) often crashes the software they are triggered from. The important thing is that the crash occurs AFTER the exploit is triggered. Not saying this isn't a possible route to explore, but the error code accompanying the crash indicates that the security measures functioned as they were meant to and prevented unsigned software from booting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls