Gaming [Theory] Nintendo Intentionally limiting stock for popular 3ds games

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am aware that americans price for digital and retail version of their products are roughly the same (And sometimes cheapier in the physical version), and to tell you the truth officially the situation is the same in my country, meaning both digital and retail version cost about $75 for new titles. But all I have to do is change my region to USA or Canada and I pay the same prices as you. So it's like I'm importing the digital version, without the inconvenience of paying for shipping and import taxes, and I don't have to wait some weeks until the game gets here. :evil:

An average 3DS game costs 50€ over here, I paid that amount for Fire Emblem Awakening, although in most shops it's 45€ and on the eshop it's also 45€ (but I went for the 50€ because only that one had the artbook).
I was originally going to import the game from Amazon, and I even had it pre-ordered there since it was 12€ cheaper, however there was no artbook so I bought it here.

Probably most people won't be willing to do so, but if I see a game that has a limited edition or bonus goods, I'll be willing to pay more, that's something digital versions can't do. Of course, they can give DLC, but that's not the same as an action figure, ost or an artbook.

Corbra1020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear stupidest thing ever, i search for "Nintendo 3DS eshop card" on amazon, i found a $20 one. Its was $25 Thats some real BS im not gonna pay 5 more dollars

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing i did not like about eshop is once you get rid of your system you have to close your account and lose all of your games you bought also nintendo charges taxes for there games. this is the reason why i'm boycotting nintendo!! (yeah i know it sounds like BS) if they get hacked like sony (which i doubt will happend) mabye they will learn not to tax.

unlike sony you can redownload your games. even if you get rid of your system and de-active and don't have to pay taxes all i'm just going say is take a look this is not the 90's any more it is not... now i'm going piss off before i get PISSED OFF!!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one thing i did not like about eshop is once you get rid of your system you have to close your account and lose all of your games you bought also nintendo charges taxes for there games. this is the reason why i'm boycotting nintendo!! (yeah i know it sounds like BS) if they get hacked like sony (which i doubt will happend) mabye they will learn not to tax.

unlike sony you can redownload your games. even if you get rid of your system and de-active and don't have to pay taxes all i'm just going say is take a look this is not the 90's any more it is not... now i'm going piss off before i get PISSED OFF!!
I'm sorry but what?

First you were boycotting Nintendo because you spent your parents money buying Nintendo games, and now you're boycotting them because they're following laws and taxing people? What the fuck do you smoke dude? Seriously. Lay off the devil's lettuce or that Acid, your braincells are clearly fried thus making you dumber than... well, probably the dumbest member on this site.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo doesn't tax people, that's state sales tax you're looking at. Go boycott whatever state you live in. Set your state of residence to Delaware and you won't be taxed.

The more you know.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

...Ok, I kinda stood up for you in another thread where people randomly brought up your "boycotting Nintendo" BS from months ago, but now here you are doing the exact same thing. Sounds like you're just whoring for attention.

Seriously, grow up.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
screw digital downloads, nintendo have intentionally reduced the stock of Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate on the wii u to force people to download the digital version, nintendo tried to "apologise" for their mishaps but we all know that it's BS to cover their asses.

oh and those 3DS XL bundles with a digital download of a retail game, why can't they provide a physical copy of the game? i don't want a retail game tied to my console i want a physical copy that i can do what the hell i want with it, that is just judicial from nintendo telling us what we can and cannot do with our purchases.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
screw digital downloads, nintendo have intentionally reduced the stock of Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate on the wii u to force people to download the digital version, nintendo tried to "apologise" for their mishaps but we all know that it's BS to cover their asses.
Source?

oh and those 3DS XL bundles with a digital download of a retail game, why can't they provide a physical copy of the game? i don't want a retail game tied to my console i want a physical copy that i can do what the hell i want with it, that is just judicial from nintendo telling us what we can and cannot do with our purchases.
It's cheaper, easier, and faster for them to bundle a digital copy of the game than a hard copy, which is why they're doing it.

If you don't want the bundle, you don't need to pay extra for it. If it's the same price as the original, then don't bitch about a free game.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]oh and those 3DS XL bundles with a digital download of a retail game, why can't they provide a physical copy of the game? i don't want a retail game tied to my console i want a physical copy that i can do what the hell i want with it, that is just judicial from nintendo telling us what we can and cannot do with our purchases.

Was someone forcing you to purchase the system? I highly doubt they were.

If you don't like it, don't buy it/do it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Source?

It's cheaper, easier, and faster for them to bundle a digital copy of the game than a hard copy, which is why they're doing it.

If you don't want the bundle, you don't need to pay extra for it. If it's the same price as the original, then don't bitch about a free game.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._for_monster_hunter_3_ultimate_stock_shortage

no i personally won't buy the 3ds xl bundles, but i do feel sorry for people that have to buy them, especially if some people don't know that the digital games are tied to their console.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
inb4 the shitstorm,
if-you-know-what-i-mean-420x250.png

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Shut up, seriously. You're literally like the dumbest member on this site, worse than DJ up there.

Maybe you should get it through your thick skull that digital downloads aren't that bad and people actually prefer it. You're being nothing but a whiny little bitch who thinks you're entitled to everything.

Oh what, there's a shortage of games? NINTENDO IS BEING DICKS! FUCK THEM! DIGITAL DOWNLOADS ARE A SCAM! IT'S A WAY FOR THEM TO CONTROL WHAT WE DO WITH OUR SHIT!
You sound like a retarded conspiracy theorist who's too high on crack to be any use to society.

You should just give up on gaming because clearly it's making you an angry person, Microsoft is shit to you apparently, Nintendo is scamming people, Sony is worse than the Mafia. Go get drunk or something, get shitfaced, there's seriously something wrong with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs