JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
Just for info, it seems we have not only 2 configuration screen but 3 different configuration screen (maybe 4). TN+TN, IPS+TN but also IPS+IPS.

Yes some rare consoles have also an IPS touchscreen with the combination of the IPS upper screen.

I confirm with my case. Today I just checked and compared my two N3DS XL.

Result is I have one AUS N3DS XL BLUE with upper screen is IPS and touchscreen TN, and my other EUR N3DS XL BLUE bought last month (9.5FW) have both IPS screen, very very nice.

So for the 4th screen configuration maybe some consoles have only the touchscreen is IPS.

;)

Maybe new consoles are coming with both IPS

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Chile
I don't think it's one of last batch because FW9.5 on it (QEF1015), 1st batch with this firmware has been reported in February-March 2015.

;)
Ohh, well, i want to buy a japanese model because i'm really sure that i would come with a ips(i got that feeling haha) and i have been watching some japanese unboxings and reviews of the n3ds LL and most seems to have an ips screen

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I have one with an IPS screen (top only) and didn't even notice the difference between the one with it and the one without it. I wasn't even aware they had different screens until I seen something online and decided to look for it.

hofotureas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my new 3ds xl zelda The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask i got both tn screen.

actually i found this thread by googling for bad / dull screen...

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
I read about this back then and there was a site where you could check black color accuracy and the TN panel showed better color accuracy than the IPS counterpart. You do get better viewing angles (which if you are playing by your own you should just see directly the screen, not from an angle), and they claim 3d effect is better.

IMHO I don't think its worth sweating about it. I have a TN panel and I find that 3D is more dependent on the game than on the hardware. Plus even if I prefer an IPS panel over a TN panel (at least PC wise) I prefer better color accuracy overall if I'm to see a screen face on.

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Chile
I read about this back then and there was a site where you could check black color accuracy and the TN panel showed better color accuracy than the IPS counterpart. You do get better viewing angles (which if you are playing by your own you should just see directly the screen, not from an angle), and they claim 3d effect is better.

IMHO I don't think its worth sweating about it. I have a TN panel and I find that 3D is more dependent on the game than on the hardware. Plus even if I prefer an IPS panel over a TN panel (at least PC wise) I prefer better color accuracy overall if I'm to see a screen face on.

Well... yeah it's true in a sort of way, the best thing is to not care about the freaking screens and just play the game, by the time you play it on a TN screen you just get used to it. and there are some games that looks more crisp and vibrant on the console ( level 5 games, pokemons, fire emblems) and some other that look dull and yellowish (mh 3 g, senran kagura 2) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp