Spencer Everly
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Note that this is just a theory. Please don't take this seriously.

Okay, I think I have a theory of supporting 9.6 for N3DS on Gateway and RxTools.

You see, there is some seed code. We need to add some seed code in order to make N3DS work on Gateway/rxTools. But how, you may ask? Well, I stumbled across this piece of code in rxTools 3.0 (Don't know if this is allowed here, just showing this code here):

@ k9 fix flags
.section .patch.k9.flags, "a"

.word 0x360003
.word 0x10100000
.word 0x1000001
.word 0x360003
.word 0x20000035
.word 0x1010101
.word 0x200603
.word 0x8000000
.word 0x1010101
.word 0x1C0603
.word 0x8020000

This pieces of code probably might look like junk, but I think this is code to fix EmuNAND flags on rxTools.

You see, each .word has a piece of "hex code" to fix and patch EmuNAND support. If we get the key to fix EmuNAND support, another piece of .word hex code(s) goes on the line.

I also downloaded some CIA files of N3DS 9.6J (I was gonna download the U version, but don't know why I did this version for), when I took a look at file 0004001B00018202.cia (System Menu CIA), it looks like junk as well. Because, it is encrypted.

My theory of getting to decrypt these CIA files is that you got the 9.6 NAND, FAT16 and Xorpad and decrypt the NAND so you can find the seed code. Truth is, probably my words might bring 9.6 support! ;)

But, on the down side, this is just a theory, so it probably might not happen. :(

So give this a try, and see if we can bring rxTools to the next level!

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If people have no technical knowledge about it, why do they insist on making baseless assumptions, even if they say it's "just" a theory. Better to search more about it first if they're really interested and then talk or if they don't want to learn, don't say anything.

Reactions: VinsCool

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you confirm that those "seeds" are what rxtools needs to load a 9.6 emunand?

-If only it were possible to build virtual gaming systems to totally dick around in.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If people have no technical knowledge about it, why do they insist on making baseless assumptions, even if they say it's "just" a theory. Better to search more about it first if they're really interested and then talk or if they don't want to learn, don't say anything.

Well, its ok to think. The craziest ideas sometime can still work, what comes next is the testing and long term QA.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If it was that easy, don't you think one of the developers would've done it months ago?
So basically, my theory is not correct?! :ohnoes:

...This thread has gotta be one of my dumbest threads ever created.
Okay. I'll probably search more about the encryption.
Now everybody sing the EoF song! :gba:
Does EoF stand for End of... what does the F stand for?

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
So basically, my theory is not correct?! :ohnoes:

...This thread has gotta be one of my dumbest threads ever created.

Okay. I'll probably search more about the encryption.

Does EoF stand for End of... what does the F stand for?
Edge of Fourm.

If you want to help, dump your stuff with hardwareHAX and make a pull request on a CFW with support.

Edit:
This is not the worst thread I have seen.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Edge of Fourm.

If you want to help, dump your stuff with hardwareHAX and make a pull request on a CFW with support.

Edit:
This is not the worst thread I have seen.
Oh okay. Maybe just let a MOD move it into the Off-Topic chat or the Edge of the Forum this thread will still be in the website.

My New 3DS will be into my house estimated tomorrow, so after system transferring my old EmuNAND (Which will take time), I'll test my theory if it's correct. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: