wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
-------------------------------------------ThemeWii_PC----------------------ThemeWii-------------------------------------------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ThemeWii_PC:
changelog:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0
- 36 themes to choose from (more to come)------ all by The Wii Theme Team
- can be run from provided gui(themewii_pc.exe)
or run from commandline (themewii.exe)
- based on ThemeMii by Leathl and nusfilegrabber by leathl and xflak
- optional spinning, fast spinning, or no spinning outline for channels
- System menu's supported 3.2, 4.0 - 4.3

ThemeWii:

Changelog:
v1
- 70 themes to choose from
-only 36 have pictures(still working on it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------ DownLoad: ---------------------------

ThemeWii and ThemeWii_PC

http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

- get themewii_pc.rar
- extract all files
- if you want to use the commandline tool start a command window and type themewii help for instructions(command window needs to be started in same folder as themewii.exe

- if you want to use the provided Gui doubleclick themewii_pc.exe
- choose a system menu a region your theme and an option if you want
- hit the build theme button and wait
- Use MyMenuifyMOD to install .......
---------------------------------------------------------------------

a little about this project:

i started themewii to be a wii application to download .mym files and convert them to .csm files. I still have not figured out how to do this. I basically took what i had for the wii and ported it over to the pc.( i am still working on getting this app to run on the wii.)

i believe this will be a lot easier to use than ThemeMii or MyMenu for anyone wanting a custom theme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
as for the wii side i am making progress on the theme making part but it is slow

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dude, this is awesome! Seriously it's amazing. I can't believe there isn't a lot of activity in this thread considering how cool this is :D

I do however have a couple small suggestions for you.

I think you should keep a copy of everything the app downloads so u don't need to download the same files over and over again to build the same themes.

My other suggestion would be to have the preview stay open if the window is clicked on, and it would be cool if there was a "next" button on the image to see other preview pics, like of the SM itself instead of the safety screen replacement. Personally I have the hack enabled to skip the safety screen anyways so the current previews aren't that helpful for ppl like me.

And my last suggestion would be a "help" menu or at least a readme file directing users to your MyMenuifyMod app and basic instructions on using it. You could have your app download mymenuify mod also, but at least a link to it would be good.

Other than that, this app is perfect IMO. The only other improvement would be if a similar app ran entirely on the Wii, but we've chatted about that already -- edit: and you even mention that in the OP :D

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2mcbrys.png

fkpll3.png
not sure what this means but it happens to me on occasion in windows7 with 'run as admin' selected or not.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bad luck for me then, i have a 25% fail rate i think , with 3 fails out of 12 times used, producing that error.
no biggy , i will disregard the files made by the error. i was really only using themewii to play around with, anyway.

i still been using 4.3u smoking darkwii theme on real nand, and red darkwii theme with neek2o,
but i was really curious about how many themes had been added to the list.

i like this, i will show the kids that they can change their themes with ease if they like.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
under the options selection there is no spinning outline , none , spinning outline.

since the application redownloads each time,and i would need to instal each to see i thought i would ask instead.

i was wonder what the differance between no spinning outline and none were ?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
So, will this support the making of our own themes in the future?
Or is the idea just to provide a set amount of themes and provide an easy way to download them?

... Maybe there already is an easy tool to make own themes.. I dunno, havnt looked into it :

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1st off thank you.(dont think i said it yet, when i should have since your doing something kool for me to play with)

4.5% success rate on the command line error ... only happened one time since my last post and i now tried this app 97 times today (87 .csm created)

... but now i have a new problem createing the Halo 4.3u.csm ....
seems halo.mym and all else (ticket/tmd/content) downloads , ThemeWii_pc even adds options or not (upon selection) ...
but after the window stating: "your custom sysmenu theme is in the modthemes folder" closes, no Halo.csm is created.

keeping the files downloaded seems a better option.
i would/will download the same files 3 times just to get a version with then without spinning outline with varying outline speed
or even for my 4.1u nand or 4.3u nand dumps... redownloading seems redundant....also modding a health screen would be alot easyier then.

the window with the screenshot is a little annoying...
i just want to click build and then the screenshot jumps over the tab i am about to click on. maybe it should be moved over/down/up
or better yet be within the main window.

i love the diddy81 themes , but it would be nice to have others, such as the haloween-xmas-thanksgiviing-bday themes
stev418 fgod frylok and many others have very good themes too, i bet there are many i havent tried.
with the ease of ThemeWii(mymenuifymod) my kids and i are happy to have many themes.

got me thinking maybe even:
incorperate ThemeWii(mymenuifymod) with MenuRandomizer_v2's and CrazyIntro/video abilities with PostLoader
to make themes rotate out on each start up also i have a few short videos still that are funny to load on occasion with WiiCrazy's app.

all in all, i enjoy this , sorry if i sound bitchy or demanding... im not trying to be ,
just suggestions ...because i use this (ThemeWii_pc/ThemeWii) and like it ... when i was unsure at first attempt.. i am sure i do now.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to say that I have been modding my wii menu theme since I hacked my wii in March. I have always felt safe with my .csm files because I combined my .mym file with my .app file downloaded with NUS. I used mymenu and mymenufy then thememii and now themewii all getting easier to use. I love the options you can choose with this application but wish I could choose my own .mym files that I have downloaded and archived.

i love the diddy81 themes , but it would be nice to have others, such as the haloween-xmas-thanksgiviing-bday themes
stev418 fgod frylok and many others have very good themes too, i bet there are many i havent tried.
with the ease of ThemeWii(mymenuifymod) my kids and i are happy to have many themes.

I am with markehmus with more options for creating themes, I personally would like to find seasonal or holiday .mym files to make a nice .csm but They are hard to find from a good source. Nice job on an app that is easy to use. Now we just need to get a few more .myms

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also as an example the luigi theme is incomplete for dutch Wii's actually any wii with a diff. language than english will be incomplete
The font style and the healthscreen are missing in this theme.

Could someone fix this? I love that theme!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.