Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signposts: A lot of people are having problem with this one because the guide keeps going on about "lack of signposts to the exit" I got round this by basically putting a sign just outside every ride! Also on any paths going up/down. Played for an hour and didnt get asked once! Hopefully that will be the same or everyone else.

Pricing: Again you need to use signposts for this, so that you only have to increase prices try putting enough signs around your park, like if you have a burger place stick a sign for the drinks next to it, and so on. Also on every path make sure there's a sign to whatever you need it for. This also helps people find what they are looking for and that way you'll get less people getting hungry and thirsty.

Sick: Next the rides that cause the most sickness, simply stick a toilet (outhouse) there. Also try not to have any food places near these rides. Another thing, try putting toilets near any eatery's.

When you've got a nice varied selection of rides, get rid of the ones that are prone to break down more like Ghosthouse and bouncy castles, replace them with more reliable rides. This will help keep the costs of handymen down.

Better maintained park: Assign different staff members to a certain area. The park will be cleaner, rides are fixed quickly, and more people get to see entertainers.

Feel free to add to this, so far everything I've written works for me.

EDIT: Just fount a nice little guide for the PC version, a quick read through it and it should mostly also apply to this version, well minus the PC mouse bugs and that. The guide is HERE

Go down to 4.2 for the actual proper guide.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another thing, try putting toilets near any eatery's.
wtf.gif
that's disgusting !!!
rofl2.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't try to delete the roller coaster when its suffering from wear and tear. Otherwise the game freezes. Save regularly. I prefer playing in the full mode where you have control of everything. When doing the research as well as making the rides bigger and getting new rides remember to improve the bus service by making the bus bigger.

A lot more people come to the park then. Also don't forget to check your stock regularly to see that your stocked up on coke, fries etc... as they can take a while to arrive. When your negotiating, bring the hand forward and wait for the other hand to come forward. Then take it back and wait for the hand to come forward. Keep doing this and you can get staff and goods for cheaper. I've got it down to -13.5%. This does get more difficult to do when you get further into the game.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The only thing I'm having problems with is a few of my rides start smoking and engineers don't come to fix them. For example the clown show and new york fliers. I even click on my engineer who is sitting and eating his lunch and click the fix button and then try to click on the building, but it wont let me.....

Very strange. I ended up deleting the buildings when they started smoking and replacing them, it was very expensive let me tell you.

Other than that my parks are prospering. I'm a veteran of the PC version.

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
>_< thanks for the exit tips... booo.. i've been putting lotsa signs.. but none of them near the ride
tongue.gif
.. only on the road turn or the end of the road...

:/ i got lotsa smoky rides... i end up checking the rides regulary and assign the mechanics if the bar turns to orange.. with hope the will eventually get there when the bar is red
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To stop rides from going smokey you really need one mechanic for every two rides, its costly but worth it. If you are in full mode make sure you put a lot of money in ride upgrade research, more research the more reliable the rides are also do the same with worker training. Always keep an eye of your workers. There is an icon at the top right of each worker use that to keep an eye at them, usually there's a mechanic outside of the entrance having a frigging picnic so I usually have to pick him up and take him to the ride.

As for the game freezing when you delete a Rollercoaster, I've never had that at all!

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ackkkkk i dont know what im doing wrogn but my park always fails around year 3 or 4

how many food stands shoul di have how many rides ?

im playing on the lowest easiest setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in sandbox mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one rides my roller coaster or tubbing rides :-(

BoneMonkey

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person has rode my tubbing ride .... and is currently stuck lol

i have no idea how that person got on the ride though lol

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
OMG UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person has rode my tubbing ride .... and is currently stuck lol

hmm what are you doing wrong? The game should be very easy on sandbox and easy setting. Just make sure you have some nice pathways to all your rides. Make sure the ride queues aren't too long or too short. And to start off with don't build any duplicates of stores/rides. Keep the prices about the same for the first couple of years.

BoneMonkey

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont know my camara isnt working or i would take a pic of my rides so you can see :-(

image2iu4.jpg

ok here is how my water tubbing looks like

my roller coaster is basicallyt he same lol no one rides it lol

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
i dont know my camara isnt working or i would take a pic of my rides so you can see :-(

image2iu4.jpg

ok here is how my water tubbing looks like

my roller coaster is basicallyt he same lol no one rides it lol

okay i see the problem
smile.gif
On the right-hand door to the tube right you need to have a queue, do not put it next to the road. Have a queue connecting it and the road. On the left hand side put normal road up to it (exit). That should work
smile.gif

Burnz1st

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember on a previous version I played, you can rake in petty money buy selling fries really cheaply (and nailing up that salt level), then next to it put a very expensive drinks stall. Someone try it and get back to me, would like to know if it works out of curiousity. =P

EDIT: Maybe placing drink stall signs outside the fries shop will help.

Burnz1st

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think if you put a bunch of game stalls together and make the win rate really high (and the prize money really low to a point where you guarantee profit off every play), it'll make the visitors really happy. Again untested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16