Hacking TheFloW is currently searching for a Dev Vita on fw 3.65/3.67

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(First of all I want to say that I haven't seen this on this forum so I decided to share it, also I didn't find any other place to put this in, so any mod is free to move it to the right place)

So one friend of mine just sent me a tweet link from The FloW in which he says that he's searching for a Vita devkit on firmware 3.65 or 3.67.

So what do you guys think? Do you think The FloW has a yet to be announced exploit/downgrade method for those vitas/pstvs over 3.60?

Salsa: https://mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/959790368903622657

Edit: It seems that I forgot to put a question mark on the title, my bad

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From what I saw, a bunch of idiots replying.

Just cause someone known is asking for a 3.65/3.67 Devkit Vita doesn't mean they're working on a downgrader/exploit.
Sorry to burst your bubble OP.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, Yifan said that 3.67 patched a vulnerability, however he didn't have an exploit chain.
I think he said it on his twitter once or on Temp..

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I saw, a bunch of idiots replying.

Just cause someone known is asking for a 3.65/3.67 Devkit Vita doesn't mean they're working on a downgrader/exploit.
Sorry to burst your bubble OP.
Well, Yifan said that 3.67 patched a vulnerability, however he didn't have an exploit chain.
I think he said it on his twitter once or on Temp..

Two things wrong with your statements

1)There must be a reason why he wants a 3.65/3.67 devkit, I don't think he just decided to randomly ask for one... Unless he is working on 3.65/3.67...

2) Yes, Yifan said that 3.67 patched something... But I don't think the 3.60 exploit/s used are the only ones in existance, look at the PS3, after the 3.55 exploit released in way back in 2011, took 6 long years to get a downgrade exploit now in nov 2017, we got the 4.81/4.82 exploit...

So here we have a known dev asking specifically for a 3.65/3.67 devkit unit, not any devkit unit but one that has already been updated.... And I'd bet all my pennies he has something specific to these firmwares he wants to explore.

So yeah, it does indeed mean he is working on something.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Two things wrong with your statements

1)There must be a reason why he wants a 3.65/3.67 devkit, I don't think he just decided to randomly ask for one... Unless he is working on 3.65/3.67...

2) Yes, Yifan said that 3.67 patched something... But I don't think the 3.60 exploit/s used are the only ones in existance, look at the PS3, after the 3.55 exploit released in way back in 2011, took 6 long years to get a downgrade exploit now in nov 2017, we got the 4.81/4.82 exploit...

So here we have a known dev asking specifically for a 3.65/3.67 devkit unit, not any devkit unit but one that has already been updated.... And I'd bet all my pennies he has something specific to these firmwares he wants to explore.

So yeah, it does indeed mean he is working on something.

Speculations.
There's no evidence or what so ever for a downgrade method.

Not to mention this is GBATemp, where only the slightest wrong title or misinformation can enrage a lot of users.
Proper informing is a must.

Also, according to Yifan, the Vita's security is pretty tight.
Ofcourse it's not the only exploit, past exploits have preceded HENkaku.
But blatantly posting OMG POSSIBLE FUTURE EXPLOIT is very misleading.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is he wants to have a look at getting 3.61+ games running on a 3.60 firmware. I wouldn’t put it passed him at all to succeed as well.
Seems more likely than anything else but still not the most feasible thing sadly. Yifan said back in 2016 that there maybe two possible reasons why 3.61+ games can't be played. Either the system performs a lvl0 check to play the game and/or the games have keys which would need to be dumped. Both unfortunately require a lvl0 hack. Although with 3.61+ games being able to be fully dumped and decrypted with the release of psvpfstools 2.0, who knows?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Pier Solar Vita Port Cancelled" ... rumor has it the development team claimed they didn't have the provisions, or a developer kit, to make the deadlines for responding to sony to certify the game.

That was good as a update to a 16bit title..........................

Right now I'm not surprised to hear the same story after "Romancing Saga 2" was just released, and I used psvimgtools to apply the whitelist hack on my 3.67 pstv just so I could play this game ................... consumer fraud/consumer abuse, insulting buyers confidence is apart of the reasons people want piracy, and that is the feds answer, for a system of legality that is broken.

you just scrape the whole gui, resort to a dos like menu, and launch your games from there, have no integrity there, given the fact that there is nothing significance scheduled for release on the vita, it should just be case closed for the vita....................blah....................3DS emulation has improved recently, so even on their side, you can see the death throws of the handheld market to android/iphones..................just like pc games have fallen victim to that game service, oh, it is "steam".

I don't think sony will make another portable hand held, so, go out guns blazings...................I have a wad of cash, not at the moment planned for that english version of super robot wars that is coming out this summer, I have SRW V English cart already!!!!

(I forgot about the black sheep, axiom verge's release to cartridge, believe me I felt bad, and it was wrong to have people compare the release of mai dump to that game!!!!)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Pier Solar Vita Port Cancelled" ... rumor has it the development team claimed they didn't have the provisions, or a developer kit, to make the deadlines for responding to sony to certify the game.

That was good as a update to a 16bit title..........................

Right now I'm not surprised to hear the same story after "Romancing Saga 2" was just released, and I used psvimgtools to apply the whitelist hack on my 3.67 pstv just so I could play this game ................... consumer fraud/consumer abuse, insulting buyers confidence is apart of the reasons people want piracy, and that is the feds answer, for a system of legality that is broken.

you just scrape the whole gui, resort to a dos like menu, and launch your games from there, have no integrity there, given the fact that there is nothing significance scheduled for release on the vita, it should just be case closed for the vita....................blah....................3DS emulation has improved recently, so even on their side, you can see the death throws of the handheld market to android/iphones..................just like pc games have fallen victim to that game service, oh, it is "steam".

I don't think sony will make another portable hand held, so, go out guns blazings...................I have a wad of cash, not at the moment planned for that english version of super robot wars that is coming out this summer, I have SRW V English cart already!!!!

(I forgot about the black sheep, axiom verge's release to cartridge, believe me I felt bad, and it was wrong to have people compare the release of mai dump to that game!!!!)
i mean at this point they might just only make a portable console in japan only (due to the success that it has in japan vs usa)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool