The_randomizer's internship animal adventures

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awwww, that's a super happy sweet foxy! So cute!!! Holy crap, so adorable!! :wub:

Speaking of which, pics of Skitter!

DSCN1757_zps2936e902.jpg

DSCN1743_zps4f652c2c.jpg

DSCN1803_zps59da20dc.jpg

DSCN1857_zps064c1c86.jpg

DSCN1744_zps3602a238.jpg

Foxes truly are among some of the most affectionate animals in existence!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hey the_randomizer can you tell us more about the fox shelter? how many foxes it can hold, it is just foxes and coyotes? how do you get suplies? do the shelter have sponsors? do you get vandals trying to do bad stuff in the shelter?

you should make a mini documentary about the shelter! i would watch it telling us about the place, about the animals, how you guys take care of them

p.s. stupid youtube, i opened the video and next thing youtube recommends me is fox getting stuck after had sex.... (and i have no cookies\cache\history or googleaccount....)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey the_randomizer can you tell us more about the fox shelter? how many foxes it can hold, it is just foxes and coyotes? how do you get suplies? do the shelter have sponsors? do you get vandals trying to do bad stuff in the shelter?

you should make a mini documentary about the shelter! i would watch it telling us about the place, about the animals, how you guys take care of them

p.s. stupid youtube, i opened the video and next thing youtube recommends me is fox getting stuck after had sex.... (and i have no cookies\cache\history or googleaccount....)

Ah yes, the ever-famous "foxes get stuck mating" video :rofl2: yeah, awkward video is awkward. As for more info on the shelter, the work I do is completely volunteered; they have a myriad of animals that include ferrets, skunks, chinchillas, raccoons, a coyote, four foxes (Skitter being the most socialized, and she's a rescued fox that was nearly euthanized).Others include exotic birds from South America, reptiles, good-sized snakes, a ring-tailed cat and a sweet coyote who loves people. The sanctuary is run entirely off of donations and also from the jobs the owners work at, so they are in fact debt free :D The people who run are are awesome and very knowledgeable on the animals, not to mention are very compassionate and understanding. As for making a documentary, I never thought of making one, but I would definitely need to get the owners' consent first as videos aren't easily, uh, allowed due to insurance and other legality BS; it's a really weird situation, but I'm sure she can make exceptions to that. For taking care of them, what I do is refill their water dishes, clean out reptile cages and help provide their diets, after which I go around and give the other animals food. From there I help with other tasks and when all of the tasks are done, the owner then allows me to sit with Skitter, one of the sweetest animals I know :wub: With foxes, there are many, many falsities and myths about that need clearing up to the people who are interested, such as being dangerous, rabid or whatever people might think. Foxes are very timid and skittish and would rather run than have to attack, being a last resort. Rabies in foxes is not that much of an issue, as rabies can only be transmitted from another infected host, via saliva in a bite. When hand-reared like Skitter, they end up being very friendly and loving :P Foxes know who they can trust and since this is my second summer doing this volunteer work, Skitter has come to more or less bond to me, and greets me very, very happily every time I go there, she's just so sweet!

DSCN1885_zps9468e44c.jpg

DSCN1887_zpsff09f37e.jpg

DSCN1889_zps3a13fdb9.jpg

DSCN1896_zps1582492a.jpg

DSCN1897_zps634e5771.jpg

DSCN1899_zpsd303ebb5.jpg

DSCN1900_zpsa6f770a5.jpg

Foxes do look completely different and a lot thinner in the summer, this is normal as they get their summer "coat" in order to not get too hot because where I live, it can get pretty dang hot lol :D

Wet baby fox thing. Pup.

3eCuke2.jpg

Okay, that wet fox kit officially killed me, that baby fox is so SWEET and just adorable!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! In the UK and Australia, people refer to them as cubs (not sure why) and in the US, they're typically referred to as kits :D

Reactions: ComeTurismO

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Got to play with a cute baby fox named Ifrit, who is very playful and just a puffball! XD

-video-

aww he is so active. he likes to eat toes and go through curtains

do they usually respond to the "hey hey" sound? or it's just a human thing? (like cats, we always make a sound to call them but they never respound, its just a human idea that they respond to the sound we make)

no fluency in english, preventing me to explain better

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww he is so active. he likes to eat toes and go through curtains
do they usually respond to the "hey hey" sound? or it's just a human thing? (like cats, we always make a sound to call them but they never respound, its just a human idea that they respond to the sound we make)
no fluency in english, preventing me to explain better

She responds to certain noises and tonal things, but they do their own thing usually, very curious critters :D She even allowed my mom and I to cuddle, most foxes don't do that, but with Ifrit, we just cuddled her, held her close and boy was she warm and so fuzzy! Melted my heart instantly :D
What an adorable little fox.
+100 for the Final Fantasy reference :wub:

Yeah, the name is derived from Arabic, much like Bahamut (Bahamut itself being a derivation of the word "behemoth" apparently), and despite being named after a fire jinn, she's a sweet happy little fox, so energetic! Oh and I, these pics I'm about to show, these are rare pics showing what I really look like, and normally I don't do that due to being self-conscious, but I'm trying to overcome it, so here goes! :P My mother went as well, as she has a deep love for animals as well (and yes, if you're wondering why her hair is super grey, well, let's just say she's been through a lot, but that's another story XDDD :lol: )

DSCN1963_zps00d21900.jpg

DSCN1965_zps88179e5a.jpg

DSCN1971_zps4b9f48a5.jpg

DSCN1972_zps0f1168aa.jpg

DSCN1977_zps66d0953a.jpg

DSCN1986_zps5ebe9553.jpg

DSCN1988_zps784fd5a4.jpg

DSCN1990_zps5cd1c1ad.jpg

And this

This is her giving us a happy greeting!

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Oh and I, these pics I'm about to show, these are rare pics showing what I really look like, and normally I don't do that due to being self-conscious, but I'm trying to overcome it, so here goes! :P My mother went as well, as she has a deep love for animals as well (and yes, if you're wondering why her hair is super grey, well, let's just say she's been through a lot, but that's another story XDDD :lol:

I thought the pictures was about the cute little fox, stop stealing the camera main topic from fox >:C
it's alright actually you look very cool and your mom looks "normal" i mean i didn't cared about the grey hair until you mentioned it...
ans since i am giving compliments your friend (which the fox eats her toe) is really really pretty...
and continue your good work. this is a work which sometimes you can think you don't get anything on trade.. (animals can't help you if you get a broken leg, or if you are short on money unlike humans..) working in an animal shelter is one of the jobs (if not the only one) i have truly respect for..

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the pictures was about the cute little fox, stop stealing the camera main topic from fox >:C
it's alright actually you look very cool and your mom looks "normal" i mean i didn't cared about the grey hair until you mentioned it...
ans since i am giving compliments your friend (which the fox eats her toe) is really really pretty...
and continue your good work. this is a work which sometimes you can think you don't get anything on trade.. (animals can't help you if you get a broken leg, or if you are short on money unlike humans..) working in an animal shelter is one of the jobs (if not the only one) i have truly respect for..

It's an awesome experience to be sure, to work with exotic animals, a lot fun and a lot of work too. I wanted to show myself holding the fox, didn't think it would be distracting from the fox too much lol :P This little vixen here, very sweet, hyper and loves people a lot!

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's an awesome experience to be sure, to work with exotic animals, a lot fun and a lot of work too. I wanted to show myself holding the fox, didn't think it would be distracting from the fox too much lol :P This little vixen here, very sweet, hyper and loves people a lot!

it was a joke about your "self-conscious" thing.. i did understand you are shy. so i made a little joke saying you are stealing fox protagonist from the picture

aww you need to know me better :P i play a lot..

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was a joke about your "self-conscious" thing.. i did understand you are shy. so i made a little joke saying you are stealing fox protagonist from the picture

aww you need to know me better :P i play a lot..

Oh no worries, you're good! But yeah, I'm trying my darnedest to overcome it, and playing with foxes is really helping me a lot to overcome it, plus it helps that I feel peace when I hold them :D
DSCN2040_zps480f928b.jpg

DSCN2039_zps750a5367.jpg

DSCN2037_zps1fed9d2c.jpg

DSCN2034_zps9799ef7a.jpg

DSCN2033_zpsc41aa7b2.jpg

DSCN2030_zps4451f5b9.jpg

DSCN2028_zps74c39be6.jpg

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this picture :rofl2: i do see a meme, he does that a lot?

btw, the foxes you are friend with are males or females?

Both, actually, I know female and male foxes, they're all super friendly and adorable. Ifrit here, looking at the window, is being a cute little derp, she loves exploring :D :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end