Gaming The Worst Wii U Games

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Whether you like him fast or slow, let's all be happy Sonic is something other than a scientifically accurate hedgehog. ;)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
As broken as Sonic Boom is, if you take a different perspective to it by going outside the areas of the game you'll find unused items that the developers didn't have time to add to the main stage or for some other reason.

On the demo there's a black and white box that I wonder why that's even there.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
By the way, are we counting eShop games for the worst Wii U titles list? If yes, I want to add Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party. I bought it when it was on sale and it's... Uh... How do I explain this? The game constantly makes you pass the controller to the next player and there are like 5 actual minigames and others that are variations of them. It's really not playable. It's slow paced and just a huge waste of everyone's time. Not even funny. Actually spinning the bottle is a better party game than this garbage.

And please also add Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures to the list. I haven't played the second iteration, although I can't believe it's any better.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As broken as Sonic Boom is, if you take a different perspective to it by going outside the areas of the game you'll find unused items that the developers didn't have time to add to the main stage or for some other reason.

On the demo there's a black and white box that I wonder why that's even there.
Because they rushed the game and forgot to remove unused items to make it to market faster

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, are we counting eShop games for the worst Wii U titles list? If yes, I want to add Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party. I bought it when it was on sale and it's... Uh... How do I explain this? The game constantly makes you pass the controller to the next player and there are like 5 actual minigames and others that are variations of them. It's really not playable. It's slow paced and just a huge waste of everyone's time. Not even funny. Actually spinning the bottle is a better party game than this garbage.

And please also add Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures to the list. I haven't played the second iteration, although I can't believe it's any better.
Eshop games shouldn't count as they are made pretty differently and are rated differently

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I loved Zombi U. Sure it has some problems, but I found it to be quite intense survival horror. It reminded me of the REAL survival horror titles of old... scarce ammo, eerie settings, the feeling of hopelessness and being totally alone. To each his own I guess

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
the feeling of hopelessness and being totally alone
Eh? When I played ZombiU, I can't say I felt helpless, alone, or even scared. Maybe a little amused actually(?), I know it sounds weird. If you want to truly wet your pants then try a game like Amnesia. (Seriously.)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh? When I played ZombiU, I can't say I felt helpless, alone, or even scared. Maybe a little amused actually(?), I know it sounds weird. If you want to truly wet your pants then try a game like Amnesia. (Seriously.)

See what i dont think people get about zombiu is its actually more fun than games like Amnesia, they are obviously more scary but being scary doesnt always mean its fun to play. Zombiu WAS fun to play and it was challenging in the right way, you get punished for things that you could imagine getting punished for if it was a real zombie town. (checking inventory and taking your eyes off your surroundings, not trying to take on too many zombies at once ect ect)

Sure there are things that need tweaking about the game but it was the first game in the series, there isnt a game like it around so its not like its had another game it can take its ideas from. This is the kind of game that needs a sequel. Bigger gameworld, maybe have an option to pick up random melee weapons and have them break randomly to really make the game tense. Thats about the only things i would change tho, everything else about the game was spot on imo.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See what i dont think people get about zombiu is its actually more fun than games like Amnesia, they are obviously more scary but being scary doesnt always mean its fun to play. Zombiu WAS fun to play and it was challenging in the right way, you get punished for things that you could imagine getting punished for if it was a real zombie town. (checking inventory and taking your eyes off your surroundings, not trying to take on too many zombies at once ect ect)

Sure there are things that need tweaking about the game but it was the first game in the series, there isnt a game like it around so its not like its had another game it can take its ideas from. This is the kind of game that needs a sequel. Bigger gameworld, maybe have an option to pick up random melee weapons and have them break randomly to really make the game tense. Thats about the only things i would change tho, everything else about the game was spot on imo.

Ssdly it will never get a sequal as ubisoft says they have no plans snd the game sold poorly even for wiiu standards

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/25/zombiu-2-listed-with-2015-release-date-on-amazon-france

Im not getting ahead of myself but i have some hope there is some truth to this. Also check the comments if you wanna see a streamed list of people who love zombiu :)

Considerring that it sold poorly and stated namco was going to make it id assume it was just an accident but it would be great if it did haooen as it was a great game (probably top 10 underrated wiiu game when its over)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait...I recently got ZombiU but havent ran it yet. Is it really that bad?
Some say its pretty good :o

...which is exactly why you should try the game for yourself. If threads like this show anything, it's that zombiu is one of those you-love-it-or-you-hate-it games. I can understand reasons for either opinion, but not why wiicube keeps banging on about how everyone who likes it has the wrong opinion.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So I went back to Fast & Furious Showdown and then while attempting to play the story mode it froze my Wii U on the 2nd Chapter. *sigh* Thanks Activision, really appreciate it!

zlCfzS3N_JgpuXkxTA

The only other instance when this happened was on Sniper Elite V2.

Physics are a joke (actually pretty funny as the cars fly off or bump), graphics look fine but the voice acting is just embarrassingly bad.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Marvel's Avengers: Battle for Earth

As a game it's terrible the controls are something you'd expect from a smartphone making you use your finger/stylus to follow the line but everything else? It's got a lot of really stylish artwork, the opening looks awesome, music's all right, voice acting's good too and the comic book style cutscenes kinda make you play the Campaign to know more of the story.

It's possible to watch the game on the TV but you need the Wiimote to activate it and your eyes will always be stuck to the GamePad so not much point swapping it, the audio rolls out anyway with the screen showing the options. -- Reminds me of Kirby's Rainbow Curse (another GamePad game).

zlCfzS6barslO9NzFl

zlCfzS6aUkMu1cN2u4

zlCfzS6cElsiEg38hz

Sucks donkey dick as a game but great in terms of content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free