HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a chance to play GoW but I heard it's not a FPS game but more like RE4. I'd have to say I love my 360 while I hated the original Xbox. The new 360 has a great control, some great non FPS, non sports games on it and even more coming out on it. Gamecube was my favorite of the last gen...I don't have a PS3 or a Wii....but I really think people should give the 360 a chance it's surprisingly nice.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GoW on the xbox 360 is the best game yet. You can't really go off the recent stats the wii is the best selling console. Its just come out so its bound to be, only a few more months will tell us the truth. I'm not bothered which console comes 1st just as long as sony comes 3rd. It looks like the PS3 is in 3rd place at the moment but sony haven't manufactured enought consoles yet and it hasn't been released in europe. With the price of the ps3 in europe and sony messing us about on the release data I hope no one buys it.

Arm73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thing is I've been playing videogames since 1981 (I think, it could be 1979 ) and I got my first home computer in 1984 and many systems ever since(plus a number of PCs), and recently, I have to say I lost interest.
Even great games that got exellent reviews turned out to be plain boring for me.
A year ago I got myself a DS and the novelty of the stylus and lots of innovative games got me back into handeld gaming, and I loved it, and now the Wii got me back on my couch for some seriuos playing sessions.
I did a total of 8.21 hours of Zelda today and I am still longing for more, while a few months back even the most acclaimed PC game was just a waste of time for me.
I think today every system looks more or less the same, while the Wii is the only thing that stands out and gives me something new and appealing.
I am perfectly happy with GFX too, honestly if I was looking for more realistic images I 'd just switch to a movie channel. More polygons, more particle effects, more shadows, and what for ?
The joy that I find by holding the Wii remote is uncomparable to anything else.
Bottom line:
Without a Wii I might have been an ex-gamer today. Thanks to Nintendo , I am happy as I was years ago when I couldn't wait for the next release to run home and play it for hours !
Any other system is just plain boring for me, they might be powerful and look gorgeous,but really, really offer nothing worth of my attention today.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
anybody that likes action rpg's should checkout oblivion...i've put 120 hours into it and still not even close to finishing it...that alone made the x360 worth its weight in gold...

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not interested in PS3 or 360 either. Graphics won't do it for me anymore. The leap in graphics from NES to SNES to N64 to Gamecube were all HUGE leaps. Now from Gamecube to 360 it's not a huge leap. It's more like a step. It's no longer worth the money to upgrade systems because it's too small of an upgrade. But Wii takes a HUGE leap forward in terms of gameplay and that's worth an upgrade in systems. Nintendo is smart for realizing this and I'm not surprised they will come out on top.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a chance to play GoW but I heard it's not a FPS game but more like RE4. I'd have to say I love my 360 while I hated the original Xbox. The new 360 has a great control, some great non FPS, non sports games on it and even more coming out on it. Gamecube was my favorite of the last gen...I don't have a PS3 or a Wii....but I really think people should give the 360 a chance it's surprisingly nice.
I agree, I only got a 360 as I didnt want to upgrade my PC to play the latest FPS and that as the 360 has them and also the likes of Capcom and other great Japanese developers are creating amazing titles for it. To be honest apart from Zelda TP and Wario SM the 360 has better games, though I'm not a graphic whore there is A LOT of difference in terms of graphics from Xbox to 360, you cant tell from screenshots or videos of the net.

I do feel it is a shame that the Wii isnt a lot more powerful as there would be more games for it, I get a feeling that this time next year the Wii will have games that match Zelda, we just need developers to get use to the hardware like they're now doing with the DS.

As for PS3, meh.

PokeyStix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theokteam.com
XP
Country
Mhhmm...

I don't like the 360 because, though it has some great games, I feel like it's just more of the same. It's just an Xbox with better graphics and a larger price tag. I say no.

It's not like the PS3's any better. Yeah, big whoop, Blu-ray. No one cares, Sony, so shut up. I hear people here in England saying that the PS3 will be great. It really won't. It's not backwards compatible, and the game reviews are onto the fact that it's getting samey. And on top of that they've slapped on a great big price tag. Their excuse? "Oh, we've a tilt-sensitive controller" Whatever, okay. The Wii has that and more, now really, shut up.

The only console I can see being different and worth the big moneys is the Wii. And it comes with a free game, so they're being reasonable. Yes, shortages, blah blah. But it still rules.

khameleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now as of today Wii is the most fun console because of the motion sensor. But, much of the fun wears off after a couple hours of play. For most people, they will only play games an hour or less after having the console a week or 2. The only game that people play for more than an hour after a week is Zelda. Online play is very weak on wii so far, no games online. News, weather, polls and all that are ok, nothing really great and the browser will cost money soon..... no regular keyboard, headset, etc. will work, they will make people pay for nintendo brand accessories, so it will cost more money in the long run than an Xbox360 or PS3.

Xbox360 as of today is the best online console because xbox live offers more to players. Easier to find friends, easier/more to download from the online service, most games online. The xbox360 probably has the best games so far only because it has been out longest and has so many more to offer. 360 has nice features and power, but also requires you to use many microsoft xbox brand accessories like headsets and hard drives, hd-dvd drive, instead of ones you already have for your PC.

PS3 is last right now because there are not many games out and the online service is not fully functional. IMO PS3 is gonnna make a huge jump to take the #1 spot very soon though. They offer online play for free, Browser is free, the new "Home" which is incredible and the most exciting online experience in console history is gonna be free. The Sony online network will be better than xbox live when it is fully released by the end of the year. You can add PC parts to this machine also, like a 500GB HD later on for homebrew or whatever the future holds for PS3, you can install PC operating systems and just do much, much more with it than any other console. Comes with a blueray movie player, you can use PC hard drives, keyboards, headsets, just about anything, no need to spend more money on stuff that you already have or that you can find cheap at a PC store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr