Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meritous, an extremely fun and well done game (also free) for the PC, which is not only open source, but platform independent. It's been ported to Android, PlayStation Portable, and I think it would be a great addition to the Wii U homebrew scene. The Windows port and platform independent source code can be found on its website here: www.asceai.net/meritous

Jakic007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It would be great to have something like f.lux for Wii U to block or decrease amount of blue light for evening/night gaming sessions.

D

Deleted User

I mentioned osu! port for Wii U, right?
Well, how about trying to port opsu!? [Open Source osu! client] [It will be easier since you have source code available]
It needs to be rewritten to PPC. [That's what i think] [There's a Linux, Android and Windows port available]
If somebody wants to take a shot, https://github.com/itdelatrisu/opsu

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There was a fw spoofer for 5.3 and is a fw spoofer in auto Boot haxchi, but is there a permanent fw spoofer for fw 5.1? Vor does only DNS block help?

D

Deleted User

There was a fw spoofer for 5.3 and is a fw spoofer in auto Boot haxchi, but is there a permanent fw spoofer for fw 5.1? Vor does only DNS block help?
No permament spoofers yet. CBHC CFW just changes system version to 99.99.99E so that's not really a spoofer.
Use DNS.

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure sure if these cross next-gen territory (given their age), but:

3DO Emulator
Sega 32X Emulator (Knuckles Chaotix, Tempo, Kolibri)
Sega Saturn Emulator (Sonic Jam, NiGHTS into Dreams, Astal)
Dreamcast Emulator (Sonic Shuffle, Power Stone 1 & 2, Super Magnetic Neo, Floigan Bros.)
PS2 Emulator
Xbox (Gen 6) Emulator (For Blinx, Voodoo Vince, etc.)

PotatoMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is even possible, as I don't really know the limitations vWii has. But nevertheless...

Have a mod that can somehow turn up the resolution of the Wii mode to 1080p. The Wii mode already does have a 1080p option, but it simply upscales the existing resolution, giving it a rather pixelated look. Assuming this is possible, we can possibly play games similarly to how Dolphin allows you to play them:
Brawl-RSBE01-1584.jpg
Again, I'm not sure if this is possible, so please correct me if there's some technical issue preventing this to happen.

TL;DR
Make the Wii mode have 1080p resolution.

Last edited by PotatoMuffin,

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And since Undertale is a requested homebrew, how about these games:

-Fez
-AM2R
-Pokemon Uranium
-Psycho Waluigi
-Street Fighter x Mega Man
-Sonic Before the Sequel
-Sonic After the Sequel
-Mother 4 (once finished)
-Pokemon Type:Wild

El 15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*cough* Dynarec *cough* PPC *heavy cough* core
on wiisxR (the latest version) many games freeze at start, it works well on 25% of games, there are several controller bugs, and on not64 is better but RARE WARE games don't work and some of them have several graphic glitches, in general I´m very happy with homebrew in wii and vwii but I hope in wiiu both emulators got better or be replaced, excuce my bad english.

Last edited by El 15,

PotatoMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another idea, with this one being directed a little more toward Brawl/Project M.

Allow the Wii U GameCube adapter to be used via the Smash Stack exploit. That way, people who are struggling to play Brawl/Project M without a GameCube controller can easily fix that problem by adding a few files on their SD card. I'm not really much of a coder myself in terms of creating Wii U hacks, but considering that there already has been a successful way to access the adapter, I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be too hard to implement.

I really, really want this. It would make playing Project M so much better.

Last edited by PotatoMuffin,

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been said already, but how about something to launch Wii discs from the Wii U menu, basically bypassing the vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol