Hacking "The Wii system memory has been damaged."

BlazeHeatnix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed multiple discs I owned to USB loader GX. I used the games previously on my own Wii, but I installed them on a different one. I don't have any save data for these games on the new Wii, in fact I'd never loaded them on the System Menu before.

I tested Sonic And The Secret Rings. Apparently there's save data on the disc from my old Wii? Or something? Because when I went to save the game, there was already a file there. And when I attempted to overwrite it, I got the message in the OP. Is it synced to my old Wii or something?

I loaded the same game via the System Menu and it worked fine, like it was brand new. But when I loaded the installed version on USB Loader GX, I got the save issue. Can someone please explain what's going on, and how I can fix this? Please tell me I don't need to reinstall 100gb worth of games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using "emuNAND save" option in usbloaderGX settings?

that option is used to save to SD or USB instead of using the save on the console.
If you use that option (partial or full), it will redirect some data from NAND to your EmuNAND path and will use your emuNAND content on your new console instead of using the new console's data.

- if you use partial, only the save is redirect (not the mii, wiimote settings, console settings, etc.) which could be problematic for games using miis (like mario kart, it will find the save on emuNAND but not the linked mii on the console for the license).

- if you use full, it needs a full NAND dump, and will use your full settings from emuNAND (mii, wiimote, console, keys, etc.). If you didn't copy your full emuNAND content and still use that setting on your new wii then it will miss some files (settings, system, etc.).

be sure to disable EmuNAND save to use the internal wii memory to store savegames.

"EmuNAND save" option is useful in these cases:
- your wii has no free blocs ("partial" is enough if you always use the same console)
or
- you want to continue playing your games when going to someone else without bringing your console. ("full" is needed to get a full copy of your console's state. bring your wiimote with you, or use "copy sysconf" feature to synch the other console's wiimote to your emuNAND dump)
or
- you really don't like the idea of using your console to store your savegames, but it's not recommended as some games are not compatible with emuNAND (like Zelda skyward words, or Metroid trilogy - prime 3)

Reactions: Heran Bago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...