The Ultimate Nintendo DS ROM Hacking Guide!

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by GuardianSoul, May 3, 2011.

1. Moonlight_Gleam

Moonlight_Gleam Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2016
    Great guide. Got to rip most of SolaToRobo using some improvisation. However, I've run across what seem to be the levels configuration files, which are .ccbwi files, and none of these programs seem to be able to open them. Anyone has run into something like this?

JavaScribe likes this.
  2. gbatempistheworstsiteever

gbatempistheworstsiteever Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Albania
    PLEASE, HELP!
    I'm trying to simply extract the sprites from the DS agmes Last Window: The Secret of Cape West and all the files are .pack files. I don't see any guide on what to do with the .pack files.

3. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Is there a way to automatically extract all subfolders within a file through Console Tool (3.0)? It seems to be the only program capable of understanding CyberConnect2 Batch files (.ccb). The .nds file I'm looking at has everything compressed with LZ77, then put into .ccb files, then put into folders grouped by where it appears in the game. It has hundreds (literally*) of .ccb files, which only Console Tool can so much as recognize what they are, and I really don't want to have to extract them one by one.

Literally spoilers
    — Posts manually merged - Please don't double post! —

Console Tools can open them as hex files, it seems. Make sure you decompress them first, as they are compressed with LZ77. BatchLZ77 is unable to decompress those when you run the whole ROM through, because they are inside of .ccb files, which BatchLZ77 can't seem to look inside of.

Last edited by JavaScribe, Aug 2, 2017
  4. blustorm12

blustorm12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Canada
    thank you 2008-2011 from 2017 we appreciate your guides for late rom hacking lol