Hacking "The system files are corrupted" error exiting Wii Fit Plus

sarxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have solved the problem mentioned here about Wiifit Plus by using Pimp my Wii. I just selectet "test and fix problems" and it downloaded missing IOS and updated old ones. Now the error-Message dont appear anymore after using Wiifit +.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sarxer said:
I have solved the problem mentioned here about Wiifit Plus by using Pimp my Wii. I just selectet "test and fix problems" and it downloaded missing IOS and updated old ones. Now the error-Message dont appear anymore after using Wiifit +.
I wouldn't recommend that program...

PMW has gotten to be known around here as "Brick My Wii", and for good reason. The new version is definitely better than the old ones, but is still buggy. I've also seen it make some suggestions that are not good ideas and (not sure if it still does this) it messes with the SM IOS's version #.

As a matter of fact, there was a topic just a day or so ago about a problem that appeared to be caused by PMW.

Also, do you realize you dug up a topic from March 2010?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im Currently havin the same issue with Tetris Party Deluxe, Wii Music, and WF+, after sessions (loaded by USB loader GX) returning to Wii Menu from Home. From what ive read, PMW dosent even need to be involved here. PMW dosent do anything special, nothing DOP-Mii can't do. So what exactly is PMW doing that fixed this? This problem hasent appeared for me untll i installed Hermies cIOS 222 and 223, but this is insignificant, really, since i dont have genuine copies of the first 2 games. I need Hermies cIOS 222 for USB Loader GX to support NTFS, as well as different Ports.

im new at GBAtemp, but im an Advanced wii hacker.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Im Currently havin the same issue with Tetris Party Deluxe, Wii Music, and WF+, after sessions (loaded by USB loader GX) returning to Wii Menu from Home. From what ive read, PMW dosent even need to be involved here. PMW dosent do anything special, nothing DOP-Mii can't do. So what exactly is PMW doing that fixed this? This problem hasent appeared for me untll i installed Hermies cIOS 222 and 223, but this is insignificant, really, since i dont have genuine copies of the first 2 games. I need Hermies cIOS 222 for USB Loader GX to support NTFS, as well as different Ports.

Brick My Wii is messed up. Download ModMii and set up your Wii in a way that isn't retarded.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States

well from what i have read here and there that the problem is related to usbloader gx itself

i would suggest using CFG-usbloader or wiiflow

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its not. this error still occurrs after playing Wii Fit Plus from a genuine disk. After a bit of investigating, i think its possibly an issue with running newer games on older system ios'
OR with games that support Balance board and/or WiiSpeak EDIT: I have to restart the wii multiple times before tge error stops appearing ALSO when you start up in maitinance mode (hold + and -, and hold A on health screen) the error NEVER appears, has anyone anylized Maitinance Mode's functions in 4.1u?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No, its not. this error still occurrs after playing Wii Fit Plus from a genuine disk. After a bit of investigating, i think its possibly an issue with running newer games on older system ios'
OR with games that support Balance board and/or WiiSpeak EDIT: I have to restart the wii multiple times before tge error stops appearing ALSO when you start up in maitinance mode (hold + and -, and hold A on health screen) the error NEVER appears, has anyone anylized Maitinance Mode's functions in 4.1u?
When you run it from the disc channel?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes (sysmenu is patched using start patch 4.1u to skip update check) [also i have a csm installed, unrelated :/ (themed by mymenufy)]
Startpatch is fail (just a few weeks ago someone got a full brick from it), and you shouldn't assume that a csm is unrelated.

I suggest you completely resoftmod your Wii with ModMii, including re-installing 4.1U.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since yesterday, i've updated a TON of ios files through Dop-mii v12.1. i thought maybe the system is getting confused by using older ios' with newer titles. [which on ordinary wii's this -probably- would never happen, since disk updates prevent outdated IOS files.] What is Tetris Party Deluxe's Native IOS?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Since yesterday, i've updated a TON of ios files through Dop-mii v12.1. [ i need 2 update it :/ ] and the error seems to have stopped for WiiFit+ and WiiMusic, but is still occurring in after Tetris Party Deluxe. (this led me ti believe the system is getting confused by using older ios' with newer titles. [which on ordinary wii's this -probably- would never happen, since disk updates prevent outdated IOS files.] What is Tetris Party Deluxe's Native IOS?
I don't know, but considering you have StartPatch tells me you probably have a pretty bad softmod. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to resoftmod with ModMii.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, re-softmodding would "fix" the issue, However, im looking to Find out what the actual problem is, and Solve it in the most simple fasion. (as resoftmoding is by no means, a simple task, as well) I assumed that the CSM isn't involved because im not the only one who has gotten this error because of said actions (after exiting wii fit plus) [logically speaking, for the CSM to be involved, it would have to be on all of the systems that encountered this error, since its not, i made a reasonable assumption]

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily. It could have compiled incorrectly, or install didn't go perfectly.

I don't know if you have ever used ModMii, but it makes softmodding a very simple task. You will save a lot of time and energy. Besides, even if it doesn't work, at least you won't have a crappy softmod anymore.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-_- resoftmodding is NOT simple. It changes a LOT of files. (ergo, not simple) im looking to solve the issue while changing as few files as necessary, thereby getting the issue at its source. Also, my softmod is fine, it seems to work quite well in fact, what is a 'crappy softmod' exactly?) Also, the csm is not corrupt or else the system menu would never load. (as i mentioned, the system menu loads fine while in maintenance mode.)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
-_- resoftmodding is NOT simple. It changes a LOT of files. (ergo, not simple) im looking to solve the issue while changing as few files as necessary, thereby getting the issue at its source. Also, my softmod is fine, it seems to work quite well in fact, what is a 'crappy softmod' exactly?) Also, the csm is not corrupt or else the system menu would never load. (as i mentioned, the system menu loads fine while in maintenance mode.)
Lol, have you even tried ModMii?

Edit: I'm really not going to bother with this. You won't accept my help, so there is no point in me trying.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-_- im not looking for a solution... im looking for the answer. Question: What is causing this issue? I have no intention of resoftmodding unless i have to. (same reason i havent restored my nand via bootmii.)
EDIT: I am searching for a 'non-n00bish' solution (after looking at modmii, i can safely say this.) Perhaps ModMii is good, and even a great program, im not denying this. But it's for executing and simplifing the process of SOFTMODDING (as well as setting up otherwise difficult processes rather quickly, case and point, Usb loader) Modmii is Not for solving simple problems. Problems which, with the proper solution, the action required is a process that i can most likely execute and complete in under a minute using an app like DOP-Mii.) Using Modmii is for people who don't know what to do, or can do. I'm smarter than that, and i don't mind working a little harder to understand somthing, if it means learning more about the Wii in the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.