Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

Hiroshi Mishima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an odd thing happen to me with my second SuperCard. I set it up same as I did last year, by following this and such, and it seemed to work just fine. Even had it pop up without incident on my new 3DS I just got to replace my stolen one.

Anyways, when I started adding ROMs to it, only some of them were showing up. I mentioned it in the AAI2 thread cause I thought it was something to do with the patched ROM, but it turns out all I had to do was reformat it using the Quick option instead of Full Erase (which always gave me an error, anyways). Now they're showing up just fine. But this led to me wondering...

Is there a limit to how many game the DSTwo will recognize? I don't mean a compatibility issue, but will it stop seeing them all if you have like.. 300+ in there. As a test after seeing that AAI1 and 2 show up, I added the first 80 ROMs in the folder (those included) and they all appeared without issue, but I know at least a dozen or more of those were among the missing previously. Now I'm afraid to add the rest in case it happens again. Anyone else run into this problem?

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello my friends, I have a question. Do you know any legit flashcard websites that accept paypal and has supercard ds-two in stock? I usually go to nds-card.com but apparently they are out of stock. The key point here is that they have to accep paypal, because that is the only thing I have :(. If anybody know a website, please tell me! I really want a supercard dstwo for my brand new JP N3DS LL Super smash brothers limited edition

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i need some help guys.
i have a dstwo bought a long time ago, and just opened today to use it in a japanese new 3ds (8.1.0j).
i think the dstwo has an outdated firmware cause after launch it i got an error.

so i need to update it right? i dont have a DS anymore so i tried the alternate method using the 3ds:
-renamed the update file to dstwoupdateb.dat , drop it in the mem.card root.
-drop the EOS files in the card too.
-turn on the n3ds, launch the dstwo and i leave it in the error screen for five minutes to update the firmware.
-after that, i turn off the console, remove the dstwoupdateb.dat from the mem.card, put the dstwo back on the system and turn it on.

but nothing happens, i launch the dstwo and i got the same old error, like nothing was updated. what is wrong???

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need some help guys.
i have a dstwo bought a long time ago, and just opened today to use it in a japanese new 3ds (8.1.0j).
i think the dstwo has an outdated firmware cause after launch it i got an error.

so i need to update it right? i dont have a DS anymore so i tried the alternate method using the 3ds:
-renamed the update file to dstwoupdateb.dat , drop it in the mem.card root.
-drop the EOS files in the card too.
-turn on the n3ds, launch the dstwo and i leave it in the error screen for five minutes to update the firmware.
-after that, i turn off the console, remove the dstwoupdateb.dat from the mem.card, put the dstwo back on the system and turn it on.

but nothing happens, i launch the dstwo and i got the same old error, like nothing was updated. what is wrong???

Try waiting just a bit longer, about 10 minutes or so.

Buttz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this is obvious, but I've done a bit of searching and can't seem to find a specific answer to my question. Will my DSTwo (which is using the firmware from the first post in this thread) work in my 3DSXL with the most recent firmware (v 9.5.0-22)? I'm a bit wary of just trying it out myself because, from what I understand, it's possible to cause some serious problems if it's not supported.

Any info (or even a link to a thread/site that has the info) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this is obvious, but I've done a bit of searching and can't seem to find a specific answer to my question. Will my DSTwo (which is using the firmware from the first post in this thread) work in my 3DSXL with the most recent firmware (v 9.5.0-22)? I'm a bit wary of just trying it out myself because, from what I understand, it's possible to cause some serious problems if it's not supported.

Any info (or even a link to a thread/site that has the info) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes it will. The DSTwo supports all currently released 3DS firmwares and models including the New 3DS and 9.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16