OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just noticed the following over at the UKResistance site :

QUOTE said:
Dear UKR,

Ebay changed its fees last month for the videogames category. It lowered the price of listing items to about 10p. However, it now takes more in commission off the backend. A whole nine percent! This means that any PS3 needs to sell for more than 463 pounds to break even - and more than that if they buyer pays by Paypal.

I imagine many of the scalpers will look at the ending value and figure they have made some profit - before the sting in the tail next month when the Ebay bill arrives.

oh how i laughed. ps3's have been going for less than the store price - if they sell at all. looks like ebay decided to make some extra profit from the ps3 launch.

hmm... they will be the only people to profit from it, coz the ebayers and soe sure aren't.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Ebay took like £2 off a N64 I sold for £40, after that I listed my others as something else other than video games, that way I don't get buggered and rimmed by ebay.

It is really stupid that they get more commission from different types of things, you'd thing they'd screw EVERYONE over.

This is why other auction sites are growing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE