Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
featured_single.jpg

If you aren't familiar with this scene you may have come to this thread wondering how exactly do I get homebrew on my Xbox One? Do I have to use an exploit? Will I get banned online? Is it against Microsoft's Terms of service if i get homebrew on my Xbox One?

Luckily for you the answer is a resounding NO. Myself and other members of the community have worked tirelessly to provide a way for homebrew on Xbox One that is perfectly safe, doesn't void your warranty, and won't get you banned from Xbox Live. What is this you may ask? It's called Dev Mode. It allows you to sideload any homebrew application that you like on to your Xbox One.

The only caveat is that the application must be a Universal Windows Platform application. By leveraging the freedom that dev mode gives we have been able to re-compile/port over a vast number of UWP-Compliant emulators and homebrew applications to Xbox One. Some of these include

Emulators available on Dev Mode

PPSSPP - PSP Emulator

RetriX -Libretro Port (Emulates many different systems)

Nesbox - Emulates NES,SNES,GENESIS,GB,GBC,GBA

Win64e10 - N64 Emulator

Vba10 - Gba Emulator

CHIP8 - Chip 8 Emulator

Homebrew available on Dev Mode

DungeonRUN - Basically a 2D Zelda Clone
DungeonRun0p3A.gif

Hedgephysics - Physics game starring your favorite hedgehog

Sonic Continuim - Fan Made Sonic Game

Castlevania (Not Released Yet)

This thread is only a small showcase of just some of what you can expect with dev mode. You can obtain Dev Mode on your Xbox One device for free.

It's as easy as 1..2..3

1.Get Dev Mode
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-activate-and-share-dev-mode-on-xbox-one-up-to-3-devices.468161/

Or get Dev Mode for free

https://gbatemp.net/threads/get-a-free-dev-account-without-a-college-email.483930/#post-7573579

2.Download your Xbox One Homebrew using the client

Get it here -> https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus

3.Sideload your APPX Package to your Xbox One
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf

It's that simple folks :wink:

Last edited by wiired24,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if we are allowed to release the castlevania homebrew because It is literally the first game. So I do not want konami to consider this piracy and punish us.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if we are allowed to release the castlevania homebrew because It is literally the first game. So I do not want konami to consider this piracy and punish us.

It's not something I'd lose sleep over to be honest. It's a fan made game. At the worst they send a DMCA Takedown notice and you have to stop the project.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not something I'd lose sleep over to be honest. It's a fan made game. At the worst they send a DMCA Takedown notice and you have to stop the project.
it is not my project though, This was just me testing some code I found on GitHub. and it hasn't became a game yet. not to mention that I do not want my name on it since I haven't done anything yet, and because I do not want konami to think I am enabling piracy. there is a difference between a fan game and literally a port of an official game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I didn't mean for it to be released, it was just for private testing purposes in case I decide to make a castlevania game in future only. It is just some code I found on github

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is not my project though, This was just me testing some code I found on GitHub. and it hasn't became a game yet. not to mention that I do not want my name on it since I haven't done anything yet, and because I do not want konami to think I am enabling piracy. there is a difference between a fan game and literally a port of an official game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I didn't mean for it to be released, it was just for private testing purposes in case I decide to make a castlevania game in future only. It is just some code I found on github

It hasn't been released it was just a demo video showcasing the homebrew. It's still not available for download Tut. Chill bruh :rofl2:

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It hasn't been released it was just a demo video showcasing the homebrew. It's still not available for download Tut. Chill bruh :rofl2:

Oh my bad, I thought there was a download link for it. yeah I just do not want to take my chances that would make konami go ape shit. especially when there is no game yet. I am sorry if I annoyed you. I was just checking that I am not doing anything wrong

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my bad, I thought there was a download link for it. yeah I just do not want to take my chances that would make konami go ape shit. especially when there is no game yet. I am sorry if I annoyed you. I was just checking that I am not doing anything wrong

You didn't "annoy" me homie. It's all good man.

Reactions: kingtut

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added VBA10 and CHIP8 to the showcase. More videos could be on the way soon. Just so everyone knows, everything shown on this page except for Castlevania (Still in progress atm) Is freely available for download

Last edited by wiired24,

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my memory is correct Dev mode doesn't give you access to the whole power of the Xbox One. So not sure about that.
It will with the next major update for it. Dev mode will have the same resources as commercial games do.

As for Dolphin, I am going to hold off being too excited for it yet as at its core, the XB1 still only has 1.73ghz CPU cores. There will be some stuff possible going forward that isn't now with dev mode apps having full access to six cores, but Dolphin may be pushing it for all but the simplest of Wii/Gamecube games.

Stuff we have now that is almost there but not quite 100% like PPSSPP and PS1 emulation should be there after the change over.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now hate myself for selling my Xbone. I'm gonna go cry in a corner now.

The good thing is they're pretty cheap now ($100-$125 Used Online) when compared to getting a used PS4 ($180-$200+) So it won't cost a fortune when and if you do get another Xbox One. And by that time there will be more homebrew, and more emulators available :)

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the O.P. with a video tutorial detailing how to easily obtain Xbox One homebrew via ProjectPegasus. I also simplified the process quite a bit under the resources tab

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs