The "Should I update?" flowchart!

Hello tempers!

Seeing that this is one question that is constantly repeated in many forums, i decided to make this simple flowchart to help whoever is in doubt... :P

28t8j9x.jpg

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play online without updating in many cases: rxTools on O3DS, GW, some patching programm I forgot the name with pasta CFW, etc. If you have read so many wrong answers on that many forums you have my congratulations.
Edit: Above 9.2 that may be true, in general this doesn't have to be the case for everyone.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can play online without updating in many cases: rxTools on O3DS, GW, some patching programm I forgot the name with pasta CFW, etc. If you have read so many wrong answers on that many forums you have my congratulations.
Edit: Above 9.2 that may be true, in general this doesn't have to be the case for everyone.
And you can play online with a Wii U as long as the software is fully updated.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you can play online with a Wii U as long as the software is fully updated.
Sorry, misread the post. For Wii U there is no alternative that's true. I still wait with my Wii U on 5.4.0 for an EmuNAND solution, hopefully that will be made some day.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Exactly. This is Nintendo servers we're talking about not Microsoft with xbox live or sony lol. I remember when Nintendo servers were up last year for Mario kart wii and I used to play with wbfs lol (pirated wii game). But now there's custom servers.

cinhomartins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This flowchart should be posted in the WiiU hacking discussion everytime someone ask for updates lol

Please do it! That´s exactly why i have made the flowchart... it´s painfull to see a thread like the "Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion" get flooded with the same question over and over again, overloading the same people who are working to solve technical issues and should not be bothered with basic stuff anymore (like NWPlayer123, Marionumber1, VinsCool and many others - thanks for the effort guys).

Reactions: VinsCool

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again sorry for misinterpreting the post, but it was clearly posted in the wrong section so I guess my reaction was correct.
Anyway if this chart shall be posted in the hacking section I would suggest adding a symbol for the beginning and end of the flow, as it is otherwise incorrect and doesn't comply with the syntax of a flow chart and I would add the possibility to dump the NAND per hardware-mod.
It is really cumbersome, but there is nothing safer than doing this prior to updating as maybe there will be an option to have xorpads or something similar when enough progress was made, so you could have the most possibilities when updating now.
Also emuNAND was already mentioned by one of the members of the team working on the Wii U so I guess that possibility should be also in the chart, it could maybe even work perfectly with the dumped updated NAND and the previous dump as it does with the O3DS and N3DS up to 9.5.
Even if this possibilities aren't realized yet, missing them when they're released would be a real shame and missing them because of a flow chart would be even worse.

Polarise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the Nintendo Switch, once a crack is found there will be a way to downgrade from the current firmware. Like the 3DS, hacks were found later but it the latest version downgradable before 11.0. When a hack is found for the Switch, if on the latest firmware, downgrade to the specific version to hack it before Nintendo makes a patch that does not allow you to downgrade like the 3DS on 11.0 before fasthax was made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night