The rest of the Wii U titles on Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by gamecaptor, Jan 12, 2018.

1. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    I really hope they don't port Mario 3D world.
    That game sucked ass if people buy it expecting another odyssey they'll be hugely disappointed leading to nintendo hate.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I can see Skyward Sword coming at some point. With the Joy-Cons mimicing the Nunchuk-Wiimote combo.

3. Txustra

Txustra GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2013
    Spain
    I hope they stop doing ports.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I hope they keep doing the ports that I like actually, but I also hope they don't ask full price for them, 30€ would be great IMHO.
    That said, if Namco decides to release a Xenosaga Trilogy Collection for Switch full price I will get it.

Yoni Arousement likes this.
  5. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    I'm absolutely not interested in Wii U's ports, I've played enough on the original console & it's too new for me to consider for rebuying all those titles again. But I'm fully open to games which wasn't on Nintendo's consoles at all and older hits in a glorious HD remastering, crossing fingers for Xenosaga.

6. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    I'd probably end up buying a few of them tbh. I don't like turning on my Wii U and the portability is a huge positive for me. A game like DK tropical freeze is a bit of a pain to boot the console up for but the seemless switch turn on and play makes it a more likely purchase.

I would rather Nintendo remaster Wii games though, such as Super Mario Galaxy, the first Xenoblade Chronicles, etc. I feel there are plenty of gems there which could be re-released in 1080p/720p portable and look very very very nice.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  7. gamecaptor
    OP

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Interesting to see people's thoughts on this. A few things come to mind.

So far the "ports" are not 1:1, they are more of +1 ports. Add in all of the DLC, maybe add a few new things, etc. I expect that to be the case for any future ports. I am certain that will be the case for Smash.

While Splatoon 2 is technically a sequel, everything I've read leads me to think that it is more of a 1.5. So maybe we call that a port-lite.

While the Wii isn't that old, but there are some great games that could make a come back on the Switch. I personally would love a Skyward Sword HD.

And yes, this is all completely baseless speculation but speculation is fun!

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    ww HD NAO

9. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    damn, thats a lot of games predicted for 2018, no doubt theyll stretch those out to 2020

10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    don't port Xenoblade wii (yeah, not talking about wiiU), please remake it like one big open world instead of multi-map with new textures :D
    (and maybe missing shoulder map)

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 13, 2018
    B4rtj4h likes this.
  11. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    I haven't played Xeno1 but if they're going to remake a game, they might as well just concentrate their efforts on Xenoblade 3.

Thats the whole FF7 argument. Squeinx didn't wan to re-make FF7 cos they had faith in out-doing it. Sadly after FF10, 11, 12, 13, 15.. I think they came to their senses.

12. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    That's just your opinion fella.... true, 3D world wasn't the best Mario in single player, but remains a blast in multiplayer.
    OP: Super Mario Maker? I can see that still happening actually, maybe try (yeah I know, were talking about Nintendo, but they've got to get it right SOMEDAY...) getting the online infrastructure right this time, and hint to the touchscreen option in handheld mode being the better way to create, but yeah I can absolutely see that getting a Switch port if nothing else. Would prefer to see a sequel of sorts though, or at least more content and another DX slapped on the end of the title..

Yoni Arousement and gameboy like this.
  13. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Wii U ports should come on electric blue game cards.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  14. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    I’m down for as many ports as they want to make. I really love the idea of having all of my games on a portable device.
    Personally, I’m hoping for WEHD and TPHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Yep, but I second that idea of "Wii U essentials" electric blue colored cards.

16. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    Me too. o.o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ToonGoomba

ToonGoomba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United States
    Mushroom KIngdom/North Carolina
    Either Super Mario Maker will get ported, or a whole new game with tons of new features. But idk how course creation will work when docked to the tv though...

18. Yoni Arousement

Yoni Arousement GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2009
    United States
    Super Mario Maker would likely get ported to the Switch, since the Miiverse was discontinued only 2 years after the game was released. The game would have to use its own comment system. There probably wouldn't be a way to import courses from the Wii U and 3DS versions, unless you could maybe send course data to an amiibo, and have the game read data from there, much like how you transfer your Miis to the Switch.

ToonGoomba likes this.
  19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    im preety sure they will hd skyward sword before even bringing any windwaker or twilight princess hd but hey that is just me, and since switch joycons are the defaut controllers they dont even need to make up new controll options they can use whatever was on wii unlike wiiu where default controller was a gamepad without ir aiming.

20. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    The Wii U version was based on the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess.