Gaming The Question?.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a total load of Crap.
As a Wii U owner, one of the sole reasons I DONT play my Wii u is the sheer LACK of third party titles.
Third parties don't have nostalgia Value? ...What???
There are plenty of third party titles people have extreme value to, I think you're generalizing WAYYYYYY to much.

As for the topic at hand, third parties are barely coming to the Wii U anyway, I assume in the future title just be Nintendo First party's, whatever third parties they somehow manage to keep hold of, and shovel ware.

Name some good third party games, not counting shooters, sports, music, fitness, or shovelware. A nice turn based RPG? They don't really make those anymore for home consoles. Sim games suck on consoles. City building games suck on consoles. Sega and Nintendo cover racing games plenty. 3rd party games usually aren't that good. Name a 3rd party adventure game as good as Zelda? Name a kart racer better than mario kart? Name a fighter better than Smash brothers. name a platformer better than mario? And what about the casual party games? 3rd party ones always get terrible reviews. NintendoLand, Wii Play U, WarioWare, Mario Party, etc. 3rd party attempts at these games always suck. I don't need more 3rd party games. I haven't finished any of the games I already got. Who has that much time? By the time I get home from work, watch my tv, have my dinner, do any errands, read my internet, etc, it's way past midnight, too late for games, time to switch to youtube or whatever until I fall asleep. And on the weekends, might go out or have people over. If not, at a certain point, too drunk and/or high to make serious progress in a serious single player game. Might play a little until dinner time. But can't play and cook and eat at the same time. So have to turn the game off to cook and eat. watch tv. Once the tv is on and the game off, not likely to turn the game back on.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Name some good third party games, not counting shooters, sports, music, fitness, or shovelware. A nice turn based RPG? They don't really make those anymore for home consoles. Sim games suck on consoles. City building games suck on consoles. Sega and Nintendo cover racing games plenty. 3rd party games usually aren't that good. Name a 3rd party adventure game as good as Zelda? Name a kart racer better than mario kart? Name a fighter better than Smash brothers. name a platformer better than mario? And what about the casual party games? 3rd party ones always get terrible reviews. NintendoLand, Wii Play U, WarioWare, Mario Party, etc. 3rd party attempts at these games always suck. I don't need more 3rd party games. I haven't finished any of the games I already got. Who has that much time? By the time I get home from work, watch my tv, have my dinner, do any errands, read my internet, etc, it's way past midnight, too late for games, time to switch to youtube or whatever until I fall asleep. And on the weekends, might go out or have people over. If not, at a certain point, too drunk and/or high to make serious progress in a serious single player game. Might play a little until dinner time. But can't play and cook and eat at the same time. So have to turn the game off to cook and eat. watch tv. Once the tv is on and the game off, not likely to turn the game back on.

tdFlh4E.gif

It's a shame the Olympics are over. You'd take gold at Mental Gymnastics.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 games? Easy.

1) New Super Mario U and Super Luigi U.
I'll let it pass.

2) Super Mario 3D World
Isn't it the same as the 3DS version? If so, ew...

3) Pikmin 3
Not really my kind of game, but ok.

4) Zelda Windwaker
It's a HD port. Not really worth mentioning imho, unless you have tons of those.

5) Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
(Y)

That's 5 already and only a few of the games. Don't forget Mario Kart 8 is coming out soon. That's the biggest deal. Mario Kart is the main reason to keep buying Nintendo console's.[/quote]

That's 3 games for me. One, if I want to consider only what I will actually be buying. Together with Mario Kart (not really out yet, but eh), I am not going to buy a whole console for two games. Unless they are called Pokémon Mystery Dungeon or F-Zero, but that's because I'm crazy like that.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you just literally tell me to name third party games and then exclude any genre of examples because they're ones that don't appeal to your Warped tastes? Are you kidding me?

I'm going to ignore your ridiculous parameters and give you some examples anyway.

3rd party adventure as good as Zelda?
Tomb raider, God Of War, Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, Etc. Kind of easy when you consider Zelda is a very basic Adventure series.

3rd party platformers as good as Mario?
Rayman Legends, Numerous Indie Games, Etc.

3rd party kart racers?
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Crash Team Racing, etc.

Fighting games?
Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Dead or Alive, skull girls, Etc.

Turn Based RPG's?
Pretty sure Final Fantasy still exists :|
There's also Disgaea, Shin Megami Tensei, etc.

Not to mention Games you put your stupid fucking parameters on like Bioshock, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, FallOut, and numerous other titles that don't meet your standards.

If you don't have time for third parties, it's because you don't MAKE the time for them. And you seriously ought to have enough time for them now considering the Wii U has such a limited library now.

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't it the same as the 3DS version? If so, ew...

It is not the same as the 3DS version... I personally really enjoyed Super Mario 3D World, way more than I did 3D Land.
However, I do agree that the Wii U doesn't have a lot of games right now and it doesn't look like it'll be changing any time soon... : /
Not paying €380,-- at launch anymore, Nintendo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.