The PS4Webkit Project: An Attempt to Fabricate a 4.xx PS4 Web Exploit

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zero72463, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Zero72463
    OP

Member Zero72463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    After lots of news articles about PS4 Linux and the fact it is not going to see a release because of drama; I (kazookid0) got to the idea to make an exploit together with the community.

Presenting the PS4webkit project!
    • So what is this "project" all about?
    My plan is to develop a webkit/userland exploit with the help of the whole community, it pretty unlikely to succeed but hey! we can always try.
    • But how can I contribute?
    Simple, if you have any research, write-up's, CVE's, code or anything that could be usefull to other contributors, commit it on the github or paste it into the comments on this thread
    • Are there any rules you need to follow?
    Just to keep all code clean and as stable as possible there are some thing's you must not do to the code:
    1. Add credit's to your code (Full ASCII banner are not allowed, but a single line comment mentioning you is allowed if you have written a big piece of code)
    2. Don't commit code if you don't know what it does, seriously, leave it to the real devs (if any will ever join :P)
    3. Post research and code in their respective branch
    • So where is the github?
    The project github is located at https://github.com/kazookid0/PS4webkit (Sorry about the picture idk who put that there.)

Let's try to make something out of it. (btw plz no hate i tried lol)

Last edited by Zero72463, Dec 30, 2016

2. Zero72463
    OP

United States
    For anyone who wants an update on this we are so far successful. We think what we have found could possibly lead to a full webkit exploit so wish us luck! :grog:
    BTW we still need really skilled people to help us get there faster. We have tested 4.01 currently it seems fine.

3. Zero72463
    OP

United States
    I won't tell you too much yet, but what we discovered today is really exciting. So this time you wait in PRIDE! I am not joking though we found something quite amazing today we think if we can fully utilize it we can make a full webkit exploit. Anyways wish us luck please! Also note this isn't fake at all. I might release a video of our processes if its requested. As for what firmwares it works for I won't say.

Last edited by Zero72463, Dec 31, 2016
  4. peteruk

Member peteruk GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Good luck with everything, I will keep watching the thread for progress :grog:

Zero72463 likes this.
  5. Nounenai

Newcomer Nounenai Newbie

New Zealand
    Thanks for create this initiative, I'll be looking forward news from you guys, good luck :yay:

Zero72463 and peteruk like this.
  6. TheGreek Boy

Member TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    what about 4.07?

7. Zero72463
    OP

United States
    I have said this before I am not going to say what this works on to avoid backlash if promised firmware exploit doesn't come out. We have tested 3.55, 3.70, 4.01, and 4.07. I won't be saying the success though. Also we have a special case on our hands one of the members involved in this (no joke) has a PS4 PHAT on 3.70 somehow. We are still trying to figure out how his PS4 PHAT turned into a 3.70 firmware because that is a PRO only firmware. So if anyone can tell us why that would be helpful. Anyways wish us luck! :yayps3:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok nvm I already got two messages from people asking if this works on 4.07 no point to continue answering them. I will just quote what I told the first person, "I said I wasn't gonna give you guys info, but listen I don't want you telling people or hyping yourself or brother. The vulnerability SEEMS to work fine on 4.07. Although we expect to find difficulty doing it on 4.07 in the future. Just wish us luck! :D" So yeah. End of story no more P.Ms.

8. TheGreek Boy

Member TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Ok thanks good luck

9. THEELEMENTKH

Member THEELEMENTKH I have a broken dark heart

Spain
    Looking forward to this :)
    Good luck guys!!!!!

Zero72463 likes this.
  10. mhayen

Newcomer mhayen Member

Canada
    hi do this webkit exploit need to be already signed in on psn with an account or an ps4 never plugged on psn and without certified user can run it ask because i have 4.00 never been on psn so i can t open web browser with it do i m better to update right now to get signed in and then never update again?

11. THEELEMENTKH

Member THEELEMENTKH I have a broken dark heart

Spain
    You don't need to update further your PS4 and you also don't need a PS account nor PS+

mhayen likes this.
  12. Bernhard

Member Bernhard BorderPsycho

Austria
    man u are great! keep this nice work up! and good luck i hope to start 2017 with a ps4 jailbreak! :)

Zero72463 likes this.
  13. RedRose30

Member RedRose30 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If a PS4 Bruteforce comes out of this so I can make my BB save data compatible with the GotY Edition, I will be so happy :lol:

Especially if there was a character editor too. I want to make my BB character super burly. It would fit after the four play throughs I made my character go through lol ;)

Good luck! :yay:

Zero72463 likes this.
  14. Zero72463
    OP

United States
    Jailbreak? No just a webkit exploit sorry. If we succeed in this though who knows we might just try to work on that. We actually made another awesome discovery today! Damn our team is moving fast. :D

15. Bernhard

Member Bernhard BorderPsycho

Austria
    ya i know i am just dreaming xD but man i am appreciating your work! :) and i hope for great webexploit! and than a move forward with a great cfwxD haha but it will take long! i am exited :D

Zero72463 likes this.
  16. memcpy

Newcomer memcpy Newbie

Poland
    Interesting project but this will get exploit locked on certain firmware as it's creator will probably sell it anyway and vendor with patch it right away. iDefense/ZDI would buy them or Zerodium if it would work also on Safari.

17. Zero72463
    OP

United States
    Lol I am part of the group working on it I can assure you we aren't going to sell it or keep it to ourselves.

ShinyGengar001 likes this.
  18. memcpy

Newcomer memcpy Newbie

Poland
    I'm not accusing you, just wanted to say that making this all public will make vendor patch bugs in webkit very fast, even before full exploit chain will be finished. Exploit on the day its finished might be already for older firmware version.

19. Zero72463
    OP

United States
    Our goal is to work on older firmwares. If what we do works on 4.07 it works, but we aren't trying hard to make it work on 4.07 and it's not like we are sharing the files with everyone so Sony can quickly patch things. Think a little before saying this stuff. After all we are consuming our time to do this for everyone.
    But I guess what you are trying to tell me we should keep this private? Cause that sounds like exactly what you want. We don't care if it gets patched. We are just providing for everyone.
    To sum it all up for you none of what you said will happen. We haven't released any files to the public and when we are complete we will. If Sony patches it in 4.XX then whatever our goal is to provide what those others devs won't provide.

Last edited by Zero72463, Jan 3, 2017
  20. Bootrom8046

Newcomer Bootrom8046 Newbie

United States
    This is fine. Just make sure you guys don't release any exploit other groups may be sitting on and try to avoid drama as much as you possibly can. Keep up with the good work.