Gaming The Persona 5 Discussion Thread

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Report it next time, or I might not have seen it. I would be glad to move it.

I am considering actually purchasing a physical copy of this game come stateside. Depending when it drops, it will be the second physical game I will own for my PS4.
Can I use this thread to be sad for a few minutes? I haven't heard anything about Devil Survivor 2 coming to 3DS in a LONG while. I am afraid that in the selling of Altus's parent company and stuff they musta put it down. Which IMO sucks, because the 3DS was becoming a great place for SMT games.
recently uploaded more info for it on their youtube channel

Reactions: BORTZ

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. So many MegaTen games coming out soon. Let's just hope localization is sooner rather than later.

Oh, and you EU peeps, enjoy Devil Survivor 2 Break Record in 2 years when it releases for you. (:

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the Playstation Experience, Persona 5 is releasing worldwide (or at least the same time for US and Japan) simultaneously! No need to worry about potential spoilers popping up everywhere. I'm so happy~

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
According to the Playstation Experience, Persona 5 is releasing worldwide (or at least the same time for US and Japan) simultaneously! No need to worry about potential spoilers popping up everywhere. I'm so happy~

Nothing about Europe though......
I hope they show a Teaser/Trailer tomorrow.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing about Europe though......
I hope they show a Teaser/Trailer tomorrow.
Well, even if they release it later in Europe, you can just import it. It'll be available in English and Japanese simultaneously, which is great news. Let's just hope this doesn't end up like another Shin Megami Tensei 4, eh?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, even if they release it later in Europe, you can just import it. It'll be available in English and Japanese simultaneously, which is great news. Let's just hope this doesn't end up like another Shin Megami Tensei 4, eh?

No need to Import,Game consoles and Games here are from the US, NTSC-U if i´m not mistaken.
What happened to SMT4?, it got released later on the Europe?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I stayed up for the stream. Heh, who am I kidding, I'm still up at 4am every day. They never showed a release date, but they did have a gameplay trailer, and here it is in all of its 1080p glory:

Some interesting highlights:
  • The protagonist appears to be a crime fighter or a criminal. Can't really tell so far. Most likely the former, but you never know. And it's very likely that he's the Phantom, so no Sho, at least in that role.
  • The Velvet Room attendants are twins!
  • There's a "Cooperation" sub-menu in the main menu. Sounds like a new gameplay mechanic! Doubt it's multiplayer, but who knows?
  • The main character (and possibly others) equips both a main weapon and a sidearm, similar to mechanics seen in other non-Persona SMT games.
  • More control in dungeons, finally! You can hide from Shadows and traverse obstacles.
I'm certainly excited. How about you guys? (Yes, I made the same exact post in the other thread, but there may be subscribers to this thread that don't subscribe to the other one, and vice versa.)

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Fucking awesome! ATLUS just needs to confirm that Social Links as we know then are still in and this game will be my most anticipated this year!

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fucking awesome! ATLUS just needs to confirm that Social Links as we know then are still in and this game will be my most anticipated this year!

They probably are. After two games with social links, they surely won't exclude them.

Also, HYPE! :creep:
8vx0na.gif
:creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night