Gaming The Persona 5 Discussion Thread

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an actual sequel to arena. Quite a few people think of the Arena game as "just a fighting game with persona characters" but it actually continues the story from Persona 3 and 4. If you only play the new persona 4 arena ultimax, you will be missing out on some things in the story mode that happened in arena.

I really love Persona series but never tried Persona Ultimate... because I just personally hate those fighting games. I never knew there's a story behind the game! I gotta try it :)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love Persona series but never tried Persona Ultimate... because I just personally hate those fighting games. I never knew there's a story behind the game! I gotta try it :)
You can always put it on easy just to blast through it. There's a story mode for each character, same basic story but slight adjustments or changes of view for each. Don't have any idea which is the "official" storyline but the info from all of them comes together nicely.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Atlus has seriously fallen. They had a good thing going on but they all ruined it with Persona 4. Well with it's sequels and whatnot (tho 4 still sucked hard).

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna watch it because I was planning on watching the extra Golden scenes on youtube or something.
I heard someone say that P4G is now the "canon" version of P4 so I guess people can catch up on that without having to buy a vita. Though they won't put everything in the animation of course. -.-

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the English version of Persona 4, and watched the dub of Persona 4 the Animation. That being said, I'm gonna play P4G next week when I get my new Vita, and if it had dual audio, I'd be highly tempted to playing it with Japanese audio. Thanks to that Persona 4 Golden Anime link, I found out that Kana Hanazawa plays one of the new characters, and ever since Steins;Gate, I've been in love with her characters (voice). At least that way I wouldn't have to hear the new Chie... ugh...

Anywhoo, on topic: regarding whether or not Persona 4 needs another anime: no, it doesn't, but I'm still gonna watch it, because Persona 4 was amazing. Would you guys really have preferred Persona 5 details over this? Personally, I'd prefer to have Persona 5 be as clean of a slate in my head as possible when I'm playing it.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wonder if they'll make Marie actually likeable. My god, she was one of the most horrible character ever made.

It's as if they shifted people's complaints about Izanami being tacked on to Marie.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wonder if they'll make Marie actually likeable. My god, she was one of the most horrible character ever made.

It's as if they shifted people's complaints about Izanami being tacked on to Marie.

Well, not horrible... But there was something marysueish 'bout her.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect persona 5 to be amazing. I am confident that it will easily be one of the best games of the year. Unfortunately, most people will continue to overlook it and it will only receive acknowledgement from current fans and a small few who play it by recommendation.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect persona 5 to be amazing. I am confident that it will easily be one of the best games of the year. Unfortunately, most people will continue to overlook it and it will only receive acknowledgement from current fans and a small few who play it by recommendation.
That's how it goes for most jRPGs without Final Fantasy in the title, unfortunately.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it goes for most jRPGs without Final Fantasy in the title, unfortunately.
It really is a shame. JRPGs offer some excellent and unique experiences you can't get anywhere else. I personally think they are the most under appreciated genre.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really is a shame. JRPGs offer some excellent and unique experiences you can't get anywhere else. I personally think they are the most under appreciated genre.
If Japanese developers stopped making games where chicks in little-to-no outfits were the main focus, I'm sure jRPGs would become more widespread. While I enjoy Conception II, I can definitely see how it would put off people new to the genre. That's not to mention the other games that involve much more rubbing, and all the other weird stuff that goes on in games that I don't feel like touching with a ten foot pole.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Atlus has seriously fallen. They had a good thing going on but they all ruined it with Persona 4. Well with it's sequels and whatnot (tho 4 still sucked hard).
You're killin' me smalls. Atlas hasn't fallen. They're pumping out good games all over. Persona4 was not bad but even if you for some reason thought it was, it still has the two Devil Survivor games around it, Nocturne just before it, SMT4 and Strange Journey (neither of which I loved but are still good games) after it. They expanded out into other genres they typically don't excel in with Catherine and PersonaArena. I'd say they're doing great. Better than Capcom, Sega or Nintendo at the moment compared to what we expect of them.

Reactions: earlynovfan

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like baseless rumor and theory thus far. I remember when people were saying P3 protagonist "returned" but that was ended up being false. I guess we'll know once TGS rolls around.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I didn't know I was missing out on story elements and new characters by not playing the Arena games. Now I have to...

Anywhoo, I also doubt it, but then again I've only played Persona 3 and 4, so I can't exactly make a pattern out of two data points. I'd love having Elizabeth show up in P5, though. Her Social Link dialogue was hilarious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a