Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uLLaUDQ.jpg

A lot of content was, somewhat infamously, left on the cutting room floor for Left 4 Dead 2's original Australian release. The gore was significantly reduced, bodies disappeared almost instantly, etc., making for an experience that was down underwhelming.

But not to worry, Aussie fans, because you're getting the full version... five years after the fact.

...Valve, for some reason, has resubmitted the full uncensored version of Left 4 Dead 2 to the board, and it has passed with an R18+ rating. Most PC gamers will have acquired the full version through other channels anyway, but for what it's worth: you can now play the full, uncensored version of Left 4 Dead 2 in Australia without fear of retribution. Which is nice.

Whether this means Valve intends to reissue the game (either itself or through its then-publisher Electronic Arts), we don't know. But it's a nice gesture nonetheless. You can now indulge in gratuitous zombie dismemberment without fear of reprisal.
:arrow:PC Gamer
[prebreak]Continue Reading[/prebreak]
If we want to put on our conspiracy hats for a second here, there's strong cicumstantial evidence suggesting that Valve was working on a new version of Left 4 Dead 2 for its Source 2 engine, whenever that gets released. A move like this might be another hint that the rerelease is on the way. Of course, Valve has yet to really confirm anything on the matter yet, so for now we just have to twiddle our thumbs.

So yeah. Congrats, Australians, you get a five year old game in all its gory glory. On the bright side, though, at least it's fresher than vegemite.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Unfortunately I find it very unlikely that people who bought the game previously in Australia are going to benefit from this. They're most likely going to be stuck with their censored versions unless they ask Steam support to remove their censored copy and then buy and register a new uncensored copy for themself.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unfortunately I find it very unlikely that people who bought the game previously in Australia are going to benefit from this. They're most likely going to be stuck with their censored versions unless they ask Steam support to remove their censored copy and then buy and register a new uncensored copy for themself.
Gore DLC? :P

Reactions: WhiteMaze

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
On the bright side, though, at least it's fresher than vegemite.​
Sir, next time you post an article, I along with all the other Australians who patronise this forum would thank you for not insulting our cultural delicacies!

:lol:

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And here I am, 5 years later, still playing this game on steam.

Because for some reason, this game is one of the funnest online games I've ever played.

Hands down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm